Dinner Ideas?
I have some family in town for the weekend, and I was wondering if anyone here has any favorite places to take out of towners to dinner?
(03-09-2018, 11:38 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I have some family in town for the weekend, and I was wondering if anyone here has any favorite places to take out of towners to dinner?

What town or towns? Kids or no kids?
(03-09-2018, 11:38 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I have some family in town for the weekend, and I was wondering if anyone here has any favorite places to take out of towners to dinner?

Without any more to go on and assuming your referring to Medford....

you could start with the Mail Tribune Best Of and go from there.

http://www.mailtribune.com/topics/readers-choice
(03-09-2018, 12:06 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

What town or towns? Kids or no kids?

Jackson and Josephine Counties, no kids
(03-09-2018, 05:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Well, you could, but it's notoriously incorrect. Usually picking Porters as the best Steak House and other gaffs.   Jaspers wins burgers just out of local loyalty I think, but that's just me.  I don't know what you really want, SD, high end, low end, hip, square?   Larks is good.  Common Block is good  (but noisy). Kaleidoscope is good. (Also noisy).
(03-09-2018, 05:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well, you could, but it's notoriously incorrect. Usually picking Porters as the best Steak House and other gaffs.   Jaspers wins burgers just out of local loyalty I think, but that's just me.  I don't know what you really want, SD, high end, low end, hip, square?   Larks is good.  Common Block is good  (but noisy). Kaleidoscope is good. (Also noisy).

Well, someone must have voted for them. Still it was suggested as a starting point because SD didn't leave any clues what he was looking for.

Whether their "best of" is or isn't, who really cares.
Bricktowne brewing in Medford or the Point in central point. There is also a point in Medford, but central point is better.
If you want to drop some coin, the 115 broiler in GP.
(03-09-2018, 07:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 05:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well, someone must have voted for them. Still it was suggested as a starting point because SD didn't leave any clues what he was looking for.

Whether their "best of" is or isn't, who really cares.

True.  I just get irritated because that "best of" kind of gives you the options and the old regulars always win.  I think it should just be write in only.
(03-09-2018, 07:16 PM)GPnative Wrote: Bricktowne brewing in Medford or the Point in central point. There is also a point in Medford, but central point is better.

My choice.
(03-09-2018, 07:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 07:16 PM)GPnative Wrote: Bricktowne brewing in Medford or the Point in central point. There is also a point in Medford, but central point is better.

My choice.

I've been Bricktowne LOTS...and a lot of times I get bad service.  I've noticed it always from one male waitstaff who's always been there.