The No-Trump thread.
(04-09-2018, 07:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Looks like this thread went the way of all the others. No surprise.

Only because it's not a no CP thread. This guy is nothing but a troll. He gets NOTHING from this forum but an ego boost because for some fucked up reason he's not really happy with his success.
UNLESS he can rub it in someone's face and put THEM down to make himself look good.
This guy is about as mentally stable as Illcomandante and even that loon knew how to have fun.

Put him on ignore FFS. 

It's amazing how clueless so many are here...

I can't believe you are this stupid?

Bend over and talk so more out your behind as you give nothing to refute what I said

Talk about a incredible level of stupid....

crapper talking out her behind as she couldn't make a point if her life depended on it,
(04-10-2018, 08:25 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 10:31 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Lol.I'm not wound up.. Having a good time as always watching the hypocrites in action.....cheap entertainment pulling someone's chain  with the truth.... Easy to do with much of the left...Lets see who is wound up... Gp on the greedy landlord, boy on the evils of capitalism, crapper talking out her behind as she couldn't make a point if her life depended on it,  clueless chucky babbling on about something he is clueless about..... Etc etc...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Listen you dumb fuck, I never called the landlord greedy, I never called the land lord a gawd-damned thing, I even admitted he is free to do what he likes with his property. You speak in nothing but hypothetical's and put words in peoples mouth. The landlord did nothing illegal, that's a big giant fucking "DUH" Captain Obvious, you are not a brainiac business expert for pointing this out.

This Restaurant was in business for 30 years at that location and literally had the rug pulled out from underneath them. So yes, he screwed 30 people. That is what I originally said, "screwed", this is called SLANG, which has no legal connotation like you imply. Just 30 people got the short end of a stick, i.e. slang, i.e. screwed. The 3 restaurant owners who were left with no time to find a new suitable location before the bulldozer showed up to raze the building, i.e. screwed, shafted, i.e. SLANG.  This stuff happens in business, only an idiot would not recognize this fact, but that also means there is always a party recognized as the (insert your choice of slang here) party. (possible slang options include, screwed, fucked, shafted, bent over, hosed, burned, reamed) But, our system is great, those folks are free to go open a new restaurant elsewhere if they so desire. No one is arguing this fact, you are not God's gift to capitalism for pointing this out.

Go re-read my posts, that will verify all the other noise is just you spouting and implying shit that was never  said,  then as I so succinctly put it in post # 27, go pound sand.
Having a bad day?? Lol. You know as well as I do the landlord screwing the tenants as you say was for only one reason to make a better return . ( ie greedy is implied) nice try.. fail.. Next I did a little checking and dellas was on a month to month with the landowner and knew of his intent to evict and tear the building down. No one got screwed except for maybe you as you can no longer get your sandwich... If they truly wanted to stay in business I'm sure the landlord would be happy to collect a higher rent from if they so offered instead of tearing the place down and then collecting a higher rent from the new tenant. Obviously this was not a option as they didn't do that or move to another location. Why? Not that profitable of a business...maybe not you, but you know and I know some would say here that evil landlord should have left well alone in affect subsidizing a business..I tire of the non stop " evil, screwed, capitalism nasty, etc etc talk and I will call out the absolute stupidity of it every time I see it. Cheers

(04-10-2018, 12:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 07:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Looks like this thread went the way of all the others. No surprise.

Only because it's not a no CP thread. This guy is nothing but a troll. He gets NOTHING from this forum but an ego boost because for some fucked up reason he's not really happy with his success.
UNLESS he can rub it in someone's face and put THEM down to make himself look good.
This guy is about as mentally stable as Illcomandante and even that loon knew how to have fun.

Put him on ignore FFS. 

It's amazing how clueless so many are here...

I can't believe you are this stupid?

Bend over and talk so more out your behind as you give nothing to refute what I said

Talk about a incredible level of stupid....

crapper talking out her behind as she couldn't make a point if her life depended on it,
Want to make a conservative mad? lie to him, what to make liberal angry? Tell him the truth.....nothing you quoted me saying is untrue.. Lol . Crapper never has a point to be made only insults when someone disagree with her talking out her behind. Boy is anti capitalism as evidence by his own words.. Chucky is a dumb as a rock when it comes to business,again self evident. Gp is mad he got screwed out of a good sandwich, and you.... The foul mouth old dope smoker... lol I have a bit more respect for you as you actually make a good point and observation that I would agree with from time to time.. Not on this last post of yours of course.. cheers

(04-10-2018, 01:02 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 08:25 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 10:31 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Lol.I'm not wound up.. Having a good time as always watching the hypocrites in action.....cheap entertainment pulling someone's chain  with the truth.... Easy to do with much of the left...Lets see who is wound up... Gp on the greedy landlord, boy on the evils of capitalism, crapper talking out her behind as she couldn't make a point if her life depended on it,  clueless chucky babbling on about something he is clueless about..... Etc etc...

Listen you dumb fuck, I never called the landlord greedy, I never called the land lord a gawd-damned thing, I even admitted he is free to do what he likes with his property. You speak in nothing but hypothetical's and put words in peoples mouth. The landlord did nothing illegal, that's a big giant fucking "DUH" Captain Obvious, you are not a brainiac business expert for pointing this out.

This Restaurant was in business for 30 years at that location and literally had the rug pulled out from underneath them. So yes, he screwed 30 people. That is what I originally said, "screwed", this is called SLANG, which has no legal connotation like you imply. Just 30 people got the short end of a stick, i.e. slang, i.e. screwed. The 3 restaurant owners who were left with no time to find a new suitable location before the bulldozer showed up to raze the building, i.e. screwed, shafted, i.e. SLANG.  This stuff happens in business, only an idiot would not recognize this fact, but that also means there is always a party recognized as the (insert your choice of slang here) party. (possible slang options include, screwed, fucked, shafted, bent over, hosed, burned, reamed) But, our system is great, those folks are free to go open a new restaurant elsewhere if they so desire. No one is arguing this fact, you are not God's gift to capitalism for pointing this out.

Go re-read my posts, that will verify all the other noise is just you spouting and implying shit that was never  said,  then as I so succinctly put it in post # 27, go pound sand.
Having a bad day?? Lol. You know as well as I do the landlord screwing the tenants as you say was for only one reason to make a better return . ( ie greedy is implied) nice try..  fail.. Next I did a little checking and dellas was on a month to month with the landowner and knew of his  intent to evict and tear the building down. No one got screwed except for maybe you as you can no longer get your sandwich... If they truly wanted to stay in business I'm sure the landlord would be happy to collect a higher rent from if they so offered instead of tearing the place down and then collecting a higher rent from the new tenant. Obviously this was not a option as they didn't do that or move  to another location. Why?  Not that profitable of a business...maybe not you, but you know and I know some would say here  that evil landlord should have left well alone in affect subsidizing a business..I tire of the non stop " evil, screwed, capitalism nasty, etc etc  talk and I will call out the absolute stupidity of it every time I see it. Cheers

Once again you've proven yourself to be an idiot by bloviating out your ass. The posts in this thread will speak for themselves.
Game, set, match yet again....
Gp.... I think you feel screwed... self evidenced by your total lack of counter point.... Lol careful as you may end up like crapper as she is unable to make a counter point... Well let's say.... Let name calling and insults begin... Classic left wing tactic... and yes I know you tend to lean more conservative... Just not in this case...cheers
(04-09-2018, 07:17 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Food for thought for all you lefties here.  Jaspers has been the topic and on one of the local talk shows quite often. He never!!!!!!talks about competition, evil landlords, nasty customers, etc etc being problems. You know what he always talks about being the problem he faces? Government!   Why is this??   I suggest next time you have a burger at jaspers ask to talk to the owner and educate one's self on the " help" of government....

It's not like the Jaspers owner some kind of folk hero.
So you're a Bill Meyer sycophant. Figures. More large bellied smalll penis fat men (and women) than anyplace else in the valley.
(04-10-2018, 04:51 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-09-2018, 07:17 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: Food for thought for all you lefties here.  Jaspers has been the topic and on one of the local talk shows quite often. He never!!!!!!talks about competition, evil landlords, nasty customers, etc etc being problems. You know what he always talks about being the problem he faces? Government!   Why is this??   I suggest next time you have a burger at jaspers ask to talk to the owner and educate one's self on the " help" of government....

I have no knowledge, but maybe Jaspers owner owns the land, not renting?  Or he has a sweetheart deal with the land owner? 

It is always a shame when a time honored, and local establishment, gets squeezed out by higher land/building values.  There have been several small mom/pop type stores attempt the Mall in Medford, only to realize the rent was not conducive to their sales volume.  A lot of those stores were fantastic places that I would frequent, but the small clientele they managed was not enough to pay the rent.  I can't offer an answer, because value/rent has always been driven by supply and demand.
So you're a reluctant capitalist pig.
But we know that because you're conflicted because Jesus and capitalism
are not a good match.
Well, that used to be true.
Now Jesus packs heat and is po'ed he can't have a machine gun.
(04-10-2018, 05:57 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

I have no knowledge, but maybe Jaspers owner owns the land, not renting?  Or he has a sweetheart deal with the land owner? 

It is always a shame when a time honored, and local establishment, gets squeezed out by higher land/building values.  There have been several small mom/pop type stores attempt the Mall in Medford, only to realize the rent was not conducive to their sales volume.  A lot of those stores were fantastic places that I would frequent, but the small clientele they managed was not enough to pay the rent.  I can't offer an answer, because value/rent has always been driven by supply and demand.

Well, who knows the situation?  I don't.  But he's not the only successful small/independent restaurateur here. It's certain competitive and chains and franchises have the edge I think when it comes to some things.  Take the Medford Center remodel for instance.  It was advertised that they were going to have a big remodel of the entire complex, because it goes all the way around to the back and neighboring streets, and would include pubs and restaurants.   The only new restaurants that have come in are a Fireman Subs and Baja Fresh.  How disappointing.  I am not a fan of chains.  It would be great to see something local, something made with love come in.  I'm sure the little guy can't compete with the cost there.
(04-10-2018, 07:26 PM)bbqboy Wrote: So you're a reluctant capitalist pig.
are not a good match.

I have no idea why you chose to post something like that, on the heals of my post feeling sorry for the small independent merchants.  I can't find anything in my post deserving of the vitriol you aim at me time and time again.  Perhaps you are in such pain that lashing out is your only solace.  I will continue feel sorry for you as well.
(04-11-2018, 05:45 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
are not a good match.

I have no idea why you chose to post something like that, on the heals of my post feeling sorry for the small independent merchants.  I can't find anything in my post deserving of the vitriol you aim at me time and time again.  Perhaps you are in such pain that lashing out is your only solace.  I will continue feel sorry for you as well.
But SD, look who you chose to reply to....the person who posted you vitriol rather than the person who answered you on topic, so what does that say about you?
(04-11-2018, 05:35 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 05:57 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Well, who knows the situation?  I don't.  But he's not the only successful small/independent restaurateur here. It's certain competitive and chains and franchises have the edge I think when it comes to some things.  Take the Medford Center remodel for instance.  It was advertised that they were going to have a big remodel of the entire complex, because it goes all the way around to the back and neighboring streets, and would include pubs and restaurants.   The only new restaurants that have come in are a Fireman Subs and Baja Fresh.  How disappointing.  I am not a fan of chains.  It would be great to see something local, something made with love come in.  I'm sure the little guy can't compete with the cost there.

I certainly agree with you.
(04-11-2018, 06:31 AM)Juniper Wrote:
are not a good match.

But SD, look who you chose to reply to....the person who posted you vitriol rather than the person who answered you on topic, so what does that say about you?

Do tell me what you think it says about me.  Perhaps because his post was before yours? A thought.
(04-11-2018, 07:56 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
are not a good match.

Do tell me what you think it says about me.  Perhaps because his post was before yours? A thought.

You had a whole thread to choose from.  I think, and this is strictly what I think, is that in this forum you have a bit of a victim mentality.  You usually remark on others opinions of you and what they post in response to you.   Not always. I'd like to see more of the "not always".
(04-11-2018, 04:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
are not a good match.

You had a whole thread to choose from.  I think, and this is strictly what I think, is that in this forum you have a bit of a victim mentality.  You usually remark on others opinions of you and what they post in response to you.   Not always. I'd like to see more of the "not always".

You chose not to respond to my response to your post, where I agreed with you?  What does that say about you?

Nothing.  Nothing at all.
Quite a bit, actually.
(04-11-2018, 08:01 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 04:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 05:45 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I have no idea why you chose to post something like that, on the heals of my post feeling sorry for the small independent merchants.  I can't find anything in my post deserving of the vitriol you aim at me time and time again.  Perhaps you are in such pain that lashing out is your only solace.  I will continue feel sorry for you as well.

You chose not to respond to my response to your post, where I agreed with you?  What does that say about you?

Nothing.  Nothing at all.

Hey, SD, what are you talking about?  I was supposed to respond to "I certainly agree."  ?  Try a little harder.  answer.
(04-08-2018, 07:00 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Open thread about anything EXCEPT politics.
I'll start.
Do you like lamb? Have you always or is it an acquired taste?

I didn't grow up eating it, we were a beef and pork household,
with freshwater fish like bluegill and crappie, caught not bought, thrown in occasionally.

Back to tastes in foods...I cannot not stomach the taste of oysters.  Yech.
(04-20-2018, 11:16 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 07:00 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Open thread about anything EXCEPT politics.
I'll start.
Do you like lamb? Have you always or is it an acquired taste?

I didn't grow up eating it, we were a beef and pork household,
with freshwater fish like bluegill and crappie, caught not bought, thrown in occasionally.

Back to tastes in foods...I cannot not stomach the taste of oysters.  Yech.

Nor do I but I used to like the little canned smoked oysters .