RIP Art Bell
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/loca...ies-at-72/
Quote:For the better part of two decades, longtime late-night radio personality Art Bell was his own producer, engineer and host of his show, “Coast to Coast AM.” He later launched his own satellite radio program from his Pahrump home after retiring from full-time hosting duties in 2003.

On the airwaves, Bell captivated listeners with his fascination for the unexplained, such as UFOs, alien abductions and crop circles. He died Friday at his home at the age of 72.
RIP

Used to listen to him all the time. Some of those shows were rivoting, some were flat scary, others were humorous. All around good entertainment.
(04-15-2018, 03:57 PM)GPnative Wrote: RIP

Used to listen to him all the time.  Some of those shows were rivoting, some were flat scary, others were humorous. All around good entertainment.

Maybe I should have given the show a chance. From what I remember it was an outlet for nutburgers to talk about their nutty ideas and dumb shit they believed LOL
(04-15-2018, 04:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Used to listen to him all the time.  Some of those shows were rivoting, some were flat scary, others were humorous. All around good entertainment.

Maybe I should have given the show a chance. From what I remember it was an outlet for nutburgers to talk about their nutty ideas and dumb shit they believed LOL
If he was anything like George Noory... then I agree. Except for the 'giving the show a chance'
part.   Blink
(04-15-2018, 04:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Oh yes, there was a lot of that thus the humor and entertainment, but it had its share of interesting guests also.  I never listened to Noory, imo it was Art that made coast to coast work, once Noory took over it jumped the shark for me and he took it to a new level of crazy.
Well there's still Alex Jones. Wink
I always like when the lunar landing hoax people got together with the secret military bases on the far side of the moon people
(04-15-2018, 06:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well there's still Alex Jones. Wink

He's just flat crazy, but even if I was totally on board with his unhinged nuttiness, I could not listen because of his voice and the throat full of mucus and marbles. He needs to get checked for throat polyps, I think he is growing a few tumors in there, that or the alien in his body is trying to speak.
(04-16-2018, 06:34 AM)GPnative Wrote:

He's just flat crazy, but even if I was totally on board with his unhinged nuttiness, I could not listen because of his voice and the throat full of mucus and marbles. He needs to get checked for throat polyps, I think he is growing a few tumors in there, that or the alien in his body is trying to speak.

Laughing

I wonder if he smokes. I doubt too many people who smoke actually know how they sound when they laugh.
 Listen to that Rick guy on Pawn stars for a good example.
(04-16-2018, 01:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I wonder if he smokes. I doubt too many people who smoke actually know how they sound when they laugh.

I googled "does alex jones smoke" and evidently he does, sort of, marijuana....once a year, to test its strength Laughing

"Jones said he sometimes smokes marijuana — nearly yearly — “to monitor its strength, which is how law enforcement does it.” He then added that he tested it because he believes it is now too strong — a development he blamed on billionaire and political donor George Soros, whom he claimed in court has “brain damaged a lot of people.”
(04-15-2018, 08:24 PM)chuck white Wrote: I always like when the lunar landing hoax people got together with the secret military bases on the far side of the moon people

Don't forget the people who thought there was a space ship hiding behind Hale-Bopp
(04-16-2018, 02:12 PM)GPnative Wrote:

I googled "does alex jones smoke" and evidently he does, sort of, marijuana....once a year, to test its strength Laughing

"Jones said he sometimes smokes marijuana — nearly yearly — “to monitor its strength, which is how law enforcement does it.” He then added that he tested it because he believes it is now too strong — a development he blamed on billionaire and political donor George Soros, whom he claimed in court has “brain damaged a lot of people.”
Laughing Laughing
(04-16-2018, 04:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Is he saying law enforcement smokes pot once a year to test its strength?

I don't think pot is any stronger then it was in the 70's. There is just a lot more of the 'good stuff' .
(04-16-2018, 05:18 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 06:34 AM)GPnative Wrote: He's just flat crazy, but even if I was totally on board with his unhinged nuttiness, I could not listen because of his voice and the throat full of mucus and marbles. He needs to get checked for throat polyps, I think he is growing a few tumors in there, that or the alien in his body is trying to speak.

Laughing Laughing

I don't think pot is any stronger then it was in the 70's. There is just a lot more of the 'good stuff' .
Did anyone even know what Sensimilla was in the 70's? Or just bud for that matter? If we are comparing today when no one wants anything but bud.
To a lid of Mexican dirt weed. Then hell yes pot is stronger now. Big Grin
(04-16-2018, 08:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:   I wonder if he smokes. I doubt too many people who smoke actually know how they sound when they laugh.

Laughing Laughing

Did anyone even know what Sensimilla was in the 70's? Or just bud for that matter? If we are comparing today when no one wants anything but bud.

I grew seedless in 1975. I smoked Sensimillian in 1974, Colombian was $40 / oz. This new weed was over $100 oz, way over my price range.
(04-16-2018, 09:36 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 08:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 02:12 PM)GPnative Wrote: I googled "does alex jones smoke" and evidently he does, sort of, marijuana....once a year, to test its strength Laughing

Laughing Laughing

I grew seedless in 1975. I smoked Sensimillian in 1974, Colombian was $40 / oz. This new weed was over $100 oz, way over my price range.
Yeah You are right I guess. Change my comment to early seventies. I was in Ohio and other than Mexican we had Acapulco gold  and panama red . I can't remember exactly when bud started getting popular.

But still I have no doubt that today's pot is way stronger than just about any weed from the 70's.