Lava fountaining in Puna
(05-04-2018, 08:26 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I have a good friend who lives in Hawaii and he was always posting pic and videos of Lava on Facebook. I finally commented about who gives a shit about molten lava other than Dr. Evil. With his "hot molten magma" Razz   And why are you people so proud you have melted rocks? I mean when you see one lava flow you've seen them all right?

Anyway I bet when I look at FB I'll see this video or something like it.
(05-04-2018, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I have a good friend who lives in Hawaii and he was always posting pic and videos of Lava on Facebook. I finally commented about who gives a shit about molten lava other than Dr. Evil. With his "hot molten magma" Razz   And why are you people so proud you have melted rocks? I mean when you see one lava flow you've seen them all right?

So if it does not interest you, it is to be mocked. Got it. 
i have some extended family affected by this, but whatever, once you've lost one house to lava, why bother to report it?

Perhaps you did not mean to come across that way, but that's what I got.

Those molten rocks are sacred to them. If you pick one up and take it home (to the mainland or anywhere off the islands), you are cursed. Wink
(05-04-2018, 05:35 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

i have some extended family affected by this, but whatever, once you've lost one house to lava, why bother to report it?

One could, but if you read enough TV posts,  you'd know better.
(05-04-2018, 05:35 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

First of all I was not talking about people who lost their house. Just the typical video of lava that gets posted all year long.

Like I said he is a friend. He knows me and he knows I might mock just about anything and it's not personal.

And it's not just him I see posts about lava flows with video or pics all year long on facebook and to me it's freaking boring.

BTW when I left this site and went to FB sure as hell my friend had me tagged with a story about the new lava flows. Laughing
(05-05-2018, 07:45 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Those molten rocks are sacred to them. If you pick one up and take it home (to the mainland or anywhere off the islands), you are cursed. Wink

Cursed by the taxi driver "%$#@* tourist and their @*$%@ rocks"