Missing person in Selma
Quote:SELMA, Ore. — A woman who went missing a week ago has prompted the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) to ask for help from the public in locating her.

Erika Renee Hogg was last seen on May 17, walking in the 7800 block of Deer Creek Road, according to JCSO.
Hogg is described as a white female, 39 years-old, about 100 pounds and 5'6" tall, light brown hair in dredlocks with multi-colored (rainbow) highlights. Her eyes are brown, and she has a marijuana leaf tattoo on her right bicep.

http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Sheriff...34941.html

At 100 lbs, my guess is a cougar got her.
(05-25-2018, 11:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:SELMA, Ore. — A woman who went missing a week ago has prompted the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) to ask for help from the public in locating her.

Erika Renee Hogg was last seen on May 17, walking in the 7800 block of Deer Creek Road, according to JCSO.
Hogg is described as a white female, 39 years-old, about 100 pounds and 5'6" tall, light brown hair in dredlocks with multi-colored (rainbow) highlights. Her eyes are brown, and she has a marijuana leaf tattoo on her right bicep.

Really? No one has been attacked by a cougar in Oregon in the last 100 years and that's your guess?

My guess is she was high on meth and either got lost, ran away or some person killed her.
(05-26-2018, 12:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Really? No one has been attacked by a cougar in Oregon in the last 100 years and that's your guess?

My guess is she was high on meth and either got lost, ran away or some person  killed her.

That they know of.
I suspect that kid that disappeared up at crater lake a few years back was probably taken. There are a lot of people who disappear in the woods. Cougars could easily grab a 100 lb woman and drag her off to a remote den, never to be seen again.

I recall an attack out at Smith river about 10 years back.
On Saturday, May 19, a three-year-old male cougar attacked two Seattleites while they were mountain biking along logging roads near Lake Hancock, in the foothills of the Cascades 30 miles east of the city. It was the state’s first confirmed fatal cougar attack in 94 years. Isaac Sederbaum, 31, a social science researcher, was treated for his injuries at a nearby hospital and has been released; SJ Brooks, 32, a leader in the local cycling community, especially around advocacy and inclusion initiatives, was killed. 

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/fatal-...postmortem
(05-27-2018, 11:08 AM)chuck white Wrote:

My guess is she was high on meth and either got lost, ran away or some person  killed her.

That they know of.
I suspect that kid that disappeared up at crater lake a few years back was probably taken. There are a lot of people who disappear in the woods. Cougars could easily grab a 100 lb woman and drag her off to a remote den, never to be seen again.

I don't see the logic you are using. Yes "that they know of" but still zero attacks in Oregon in the last 100 years "that they know of" and like VS posted  In Washington" It was the state’s first confirmed fatal cougar attack in 94 years. "  "that they know of" .  

And yet you assume it's cougars responsible for a lot of people who disappear in the woods? Why not bigfoot? Razz Wink
I see what you are saying but I totally think it's something other than cougars based on the extreme rarity of cougars attacking human beings.

I watched a million crime documentary style TV shows where the killer hid the body in the woods. And the area was searched extensively to no avail.
And then some time later some hunter, hiker or whatever found a skull. In the same area that was searched. I think I remember here in SO where someone went missing and a huge search was undertaken with no luck. And then years later someone found the body only one half mile from where the person left their car.

Also wasn't there some speculation that the boy lost at Crater lake could have been murdered?
(05-27-2018, 01:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That they know of.

I don't see the logic you are using. Yes "that they know of" but still zero attacks in Oregon in the last 100 years "that they know of" and like VS posted  In Washington" It was the state’s first confirmed fatal cougar attack in 94 years. "  "that they know of" .  

And yet you assume it's cougars responsible for  a lot of people who disappear in the woods? Why not bigfoot? Razz Wink
I see what you are saying but I totally think it's something other than cougars based on the extreme rarity of cougars attacking human beings.

I watched a million crime documentary style TV shows where the killer hid the body in the woods. And the area was searched extensively to no avail.
And then some time later some hunter, hiker or whatever found a skull. In the same area that was searched. I think I remember here in SO where someone went missing and a huge search was undertaken with no luck. And then years later someone found the body only one half mile from where the person left their car.

Also wasn't there some speculation that the boy lost at Crater lake could have been murdered?

By a cougar??   Big Grin  Laughing
(05-27-2018, 04:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 11:22 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Sheriff...34941.html

That they know of.

And yet you assume it's cougars responsible for  a lot of people who disappear in the woods? Why not bigfoot? Razz Wink

By a cougar??   Big Grin  Laughing
Laughing Laughing  Yes It's possible but IMO not likely.  What if the kid fell in to the lake and drowned? As deep and cold as it is the body would never float to the top.

That they know of.

Are we talking about that child who disappeared decades ago?  I swear that was at least twenty years ago. There was a lot of speculation about that.  I do know it destroyed that family.
(05-27-2018, 06:30 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 11:22 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Sheriff...34941.html

That they know of.

Are we talking about that child who disappeared decades ago?  I swear that was at least twenty years ago. There was a lot of speculation about that.  I do know it destroyed that family.
No the crater lake incident was in 2006, an 8 year old autistic boy who ran away from his dad.