Roseanne
[Image: lb180530c20180529092738.jpg]
I liked the show, IN IT'S TIME. But I've never liked Roseanne. She's as stupid as Trump. It's weird too, because the original show was all about showing hypocrisy and exposing societal flaws. That's why it resonated. But that changed apparently. I didn't watch the reboot. Only one episode with David coming back and wasn't too impressed.
I have a different view of the show, both old and new. I couldn't stand to watch either of them and didn't. Roseanne struck me as obnoxious, loud and angry at pretty much everything. I never thought she was very funny.

I think her personality just finally caught up with her.

(shrug)
(05-31-2018, 07:59 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I have a different view of the show, both old and new. I couldn't stand to watch either of them and didn't. Roseanne struck me as obnoxious, loud and angry at pretty much everything. I never thought she was very funny.

I think her personality just finally caught up with her.

(shrug)

I think her personality is like Trumps.  The difference is, a Network controls her show, so, they can do the right thing when she goes off the rails.
Watched the original for a few seasons, it was funny, enjoyed it, then it started to suck so we stopped. Watched a couple of the reboot shows, I think it had potential but it was trying way to hard to be an all inclusive PC soapbox show, coming off as forced and fake. It forgot it was supposed to be a comedy sitcom first and foremost and if it happened to cleverly deal with some of today's societal topics, great, but it didn't, they were forcing it, which made the comedic writing take a back seat to being a lame soap box show.
(06-01-2018, 08:44 AM)GPnative Wrote: Watched the original for a few seasons, it was funny, enjoyed it, then it started to suck so we stopped. Watched a couple of the reboot shows, I think it had potential but it was trying way to hard to be an all inclusive PC soapbox show, coming off as forced and fake. It forgot it was supposed to be a comedy sitcom first and foremost and if it happened to cleverly deal with some of  today's societal topics, great, but it didn't, they were forcing it, which made the comedic writing take a back seat to being a lame soap box show.

Sound like you nailed it. I only watched one episode of the new show and kind of got that disingenuous feeling.
Seems we have some "alternative facts" from Rosey. Hey she thinks it works for Donny (would/wouldn't) so why not give it a shot?  Laughing

(07-20-2018, 07:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Seems we have some "alternative facts" from Rosey. Hey she thinks it works for Donny (would/wouldn't) so why not give it a shot?  Laughing

I said she may have not know Valerie was black when it first happened.
(07-21-2018, 01:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: I said she may have not know Valerie was black when it first happened.

Except she already apologized and blamed it on the Ambien she was taking.
(07-21-2018, 02:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 01:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: I said she may have not know Valerie was black when it first happened.

Actually she did say she was on Ambien but she didn't blame it on the drug

"the Barr tweeted that what she did was unforgiveable and urged supporters not to defend her. She said of the Jarrett tweet, "It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting."

Barr later tweeted that she has had odd experiences while taking the drug late at night. "I blame myself, not Ambien," she tweeted."

We will never really know and if she REALLY didn't Know Jarret was black. If so then she got totally screwed by our PC society.
(07-21-2018, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

"the Barr tweeted that what she did was unforgiveable and urged supporters not to defend her. She said of the Jarrett tweet, "It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting."

Barr later tweeted that she has had odd experiences while taking the drug late at night. "I blame myself, not Ambien," she tweeted."

We will never really know and if she REALLY didn't Know Jarret was black. If so then she got totally screwed by our PC society.

Our PC society seems to be about not tolerating intolerance but it's created the most intolerant society ever.
(07-21-2018, 03:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Our PC society seems to be about not tolerating intolerance but it's created the most intolerant society ever.
Big Grin
I think the guy who worked at the Starbucks who told the two guys that had to buy something before they could use the restroom  were thrown under the bus.
I actually was Starbucks policy that you had to buy something if you used their facilities.
(07-21-2018, 04:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 03:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Big Grin
I think the guy who worked at the Starbucks who told the two guys that had to buy something before they could use the restroom  were thrown under the bus.
I actually was Starbucks policy that you had to buy something if you used their facilities.

I thought it was the other way around. If you bought their product, you had to use the facilities.