Walmart sucks
My wife went grocery shopping there. She came home with more than a dozen plastic bags full of food.
I asked why she didn't ask for paper. She said she did and they said they were out of paper bags.

That's BULLSHIT. Walmart doesn't run out of ANYTHING. The have one of the most sophisticated product delivery systems in the world.
The second an item is scanned at checkout that info is logged and as soon as so many are sold they send a new shipment.
To run out of a product means they would lose money. They don't run out of anything.
They must just pay less for plastic bags.
(06-05-2018, 03:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: My wife went grocery shopping there. She came home with more than a dozen plastic bags full of food.
I asked why she didn't ask for paper. She said she did and they said they were out of paper bags.

That's BULLSHIT. Walmart doesn't run out of ANYTHING. The have one of the most sophisticated product delivery systems in the world.
The second an item is scanned at checkout that info is logged and as soon as so many are sold they send a new shipment.
To run out of a product means they would lose money. They don't run out of anything.

I don't think they are as omniscient as you think.  Twice in the last month the one I went to was out of plastic bags, and only had SMALL paper ones.
I find it irritating too when they bag one or two items to each plastic bag. On occasion I've been known to re-bag my items right at the register and leave several of the (now empty) plastic bags on their counter. 

Usually though I ask for paper so I can reuse them for garbage bags.
(06-05-2018, 04:03 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(06-05-2018, 03:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: My wife went grocery shopping there. She came home with more than a dozen plastic bags full of food.

I don't think they are as omniscient as you think.  Twice in the last month the one I went to was out of plastic bags, and only had SMALL paper ones.
  You may be making my point. What makes you think it's not by design? Have you ever seen or read about the system they have to deliver goods from the warehouse to the store?

Technology
In its relentless pursuit of low consumer prices, Walmart embraced technology to become an innovator in the way stores track inventory and restock their shelves, thus allowing them to cut costs.
Technology plays a key role in Walmart’s supply chain, serving as the foundation of their supply chain. Walmart has the largest information technology infrastructure of any private company in the world. Its state-of-the-art technology and network design allow Walmart to accurately forecast demand, track and predict inventory levels, create highly efficient transportation routes, and manage customer relationships and service response logistics.

And they simply just run out of paper bags?
Why are their shelves half empty?
One reason is they won't hire people to stock them. They must be pushing the load on the night crew.
I have stop some employee from time to time and make them go back and get the product I want. I think they figure most of us will choose something else.
Also I think they have stuff made for them cheaper, so they fail earlier. They sell it for a little less, knowing that when it breaks, you'll come back to Walmart, because it is cheaper then the other stores.
They may have less margin, but more sales to make up for it.

As far as paper or plastic bags, it doesn't matter to me, I'm bi-sack-uale Smiling
(06-05-2018, 05:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: Why are their shelves half empty?
One reason is they won't hire people to stock them. They must be pushing the load on the night crew.
I have stop some employee from time to time and make them go back and get the product I want. I think they figure most of us will choose something else.
Also I think they have stuff made for them cheaper, so they fail earlier. They sell it for a little less, knowing that when it breaks, you'll come back to Walmart, because it is cheaper then the other stores.

As far as paper or plastic bags, it doesn't matter to me, I'm bi-sack-uale  Smiling
What wrong with the shelves being half empty? Razz

Correct.
Correct.
And Correct.

They do have the most sophisticated system.
and plastic bags ARE cheaper. (I've heard that I think)
And it's BULLSHIT.

We are in agreement. There is world harmony. Wink
(06-05-2018, 05:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: Why are their shelves half empty?

As far as paper or plastic bags, it doesn't matter to me, I'm bi-sack-uale  Smiling

I'll bet there's a baker somewhere that won't bake you a cake.   Razz
I just don’t go to Wal*Mart.
Problem solved.
(06-06-2018, 08:04 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I just don’t go to Wal*Mart.
Problem solved.
I don't. My wife does. So it's not so easy.Not at all. Wink Plus it costs money to be against Walmart . The wife says they are the cheapest. Plus she says some stuff she can only get at Walmart.
(06-05-2018, 06:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Correct.
Correct.
And Correct.

They do have the most sophisticated system.
and plastic bags ARE cheaper. (I've heard that I think)
And it's BULLSHIT.

We are in agreement. There is world harmony. Wink
I think we agree most of the time Smiling 

"How much do grocery bags cost?

Cost to provide - According to a piece from NJ.com: "Plastic bags cost retailers like grocery stores 2 cents to 5 cents each, and paper ones cost 5 cents to 23 cents." (

But...... a paper bag holds a hell of a lot more than plastic. At least twice as much. I want to say three times as much. So plastic doesn't seem cheaper to me.

I guess plastic is easier to transport, takes up less room than paper and is not as heavy.
(06-06-2018, 12:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:04 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I just don’t go to Wal*Mart.
Problem solved.
I don't. My wife does. So it's not so easy.Not at all. Wink Plus it costs money to be against Walmart . The wife says they are the cheapest. Plus she says some stuff she can only get at 
I used to when we had the rural model in Talent, but the Supercenters suck.
I go to Wal*Mart maybe twice a year. Every time I walk through there I ask myself this: Who in the hell is buying this CRAP? For the record, I usually leave empty-handed because the item I want is only availble online.
(06-06-2018, 05:30 PM)GCG Wrote: I go to Wal*Mart maybe twice a year. Every time I walk through there I ask myself this: Who in the hell is buying this CRAP? For the record, I usually leave empty-handed because the item I want is only availble online.

Well in this particular case I was talking about groceries. Doesn't Walmart have basically the same food as all the other stores.
Anyway you mean other than food and "crap".
I have not been to the Medford Walmart on 62 since they remodeled it. But I used to go there because it was close and easy to get in and out of because I always parked in the back and went through the tire sales area.
But all I ever bought was fishing stuff, motor oil, car stuff etc.
(06-06-2018, 05:30 PM)GCG Wrote: I go to Wal*Mart maybe twice a year. Every time I walk through there I ask myself this: Who in the hell is buying this CRAP? For the record, I usually leave empty-handed because the item I want is only availble online.

I probably also only go about twice a year. I find there is stuff they DON'T carry and also their produce is weirdly priced.
I guess you haven't been to California lately. They charge you ten cents a bag now.
(06-06-2018, 07:51 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I probably also only go about twice a year. I find there is stuff they DON'T carry and also their produce is weirdly priced.

The wife says for some items Walmart beat everyone's prices (soups) and Hazel nut creamer, she says it's two dollar cheaper than anywhere esle.  And the same with Fred Meyers canned dog food. She watches the sales in the MMT

Albertsons has half gallons of milk for 99 cents and my Hazel nut bread. Plus cheap chicken Monday LOL I want her to shop more at Fred Meyer so i can get money off of already cheap gas.
(06-06-2018, 08:31 PM)chuck white Wrote: I guess you haven't been to California lately. They charge you ten cents a bag now.

The entire city of Corvallis has a bag charge as well. No plastic bags, they only have paper.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(06-07-2018, 07:40 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:31 PM)chuck white Wrote: I guess you haven't been to California lately. They charge you ten cents a bag now.

The entire city of Corvallis has a bag charge as well. No plastic bags, they only have paper.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

What do they charge? I would pay the 10 cents. No problem. Anyone who can't afford that can bring their own bags.
Ashland outlawed plastic bags quite a while ago. If you forgot yours, just buy one for a dime.
Or grab a box-they’re free.