Anthony Bourdain #RIP
“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you... You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” — Anthony Bourdain

Rather shocking. RIP

[Image: DfK85NVV4AAapUS.jpg]
Suicide?
(06-08-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: Suicide?

Yes he hung himself. I wonder if he had some terminal illness? Or maybe just depression mentally ill. Or he had a REALLY bad hotel room.
And just today in the MMT there is a story about suicide. It says it's now the 10th leading cause of death.

It's too bad it's not the NUTS who commit suicide instead of the depressed. WE have way too many nuts. We could use less.
I had no clue who this guy was. I guess I wouldn't though without cable.

Every time something like this happens there's always a big deal about rescuing the suicidally inclined. I've wondered if they all want help.
I heard he fought addiction (drugs of some sort) for years.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(06-08-2018, 07:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I heard he fought addiction (drugs of some sort) for years.

https://people.com/food/anthony-bourdain...ups-downs/

" From Overcoming Heroin Addiction to Finding Love After Divorce: Anthony Bourdain's Ups and Downs"

It shows that traditional success, fame, and fortune mean little if the person dislikes themselves.
Everyone would say that’s a dream job and yet- boom ?
All that didn’t save someone determined to extinguish themselves.
(06-08-2018, 07:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I had no clue who this guy was. I guess I wouldn't though without cable.

Every time something like this happens there's always a big deal about rescuing the suicidally inclined. I've wondered if they all want help.

Good question. One I've asked myself.  I think the answer is that some people should and need to be rescued.  Others maybe not.

And .....how the hell do you not know who Anthony Bourdain is???

That's not really a judgment. As me about any sport personality and won't be able to tell you wheo they are.
(06-08-2018, 07:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Every time something like this happens there's always a big deal about rescuing the suicidally inclined. I've wondered if they all want help.

I think sometimes some people are just ready to leave now, for a variety of reasons.  I think it's sad when it's because of depression (general depression not depression over say, a terminal prognosis of life, or facing prison or something) But if a person just feels done now, or they do know they are terminal and see no point in dragging things out, I can relate to them.
(06-09-2018, 08:36 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 07:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I had no clue who this guy was. I guess I wouldn't though without cable.

Good question. One I've asked myself.  I think the answer is that some people should and need to be rescued.  Others maybe not.

That's not really a judgment. As me about any sport personality and won't be able to tell you wheo they are.

He was on a cable channel wasn't he? I haven't had cable in... I don't know how many years, ten maybe twelve?

I can relate about the sports people. I sometimes sort of pick up a name but can't even put the name with the sport they belong to!   Big Grin

Sorry but it's true.
(06-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

He was on a cable channel wasn't he? I haven't had cable in... I don't know how many years, ten maybe twelve?

I can relate about the sports people. I sometimes sort of pick up a name but can't even put the name with the sport they belong to!   Big Grin

Sorry but it's true.

Actually this just happened to me today.  I apparently don't know who this fellow is.  [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.tvgcdn.net%2Fmedi...24.png&f=1]
I was asked if I have been living under a rock.  His name is James Corden. He's some kind of celebrity.  Beats me.  So, while I can't conceive of someone not knowing who Anthony Bourdain is, I can understand why you wouldn't.
(06-09-2018, 11:04 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Sorry but it's true.

Actually this just happened to me today.  I apparently don't know who this fellow is.  [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.tvgcdn.net%2Fmedi...24.png&f=1]
I was asked if I have been living under a rock.  His name is James Corden. He's some kind of celebrity.  Beats me.  So, while I can't conceive of someone not knowing who Anthony Bourdain is, I can understand why you wouldn't.
You've never heard of Carpool Karaoke?!?!
https://youtu.be/UEg6TDklBuE

Corden is the host of the late show that comes on after Steve Colbert's show.
(06-09-2018, 11:46 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 11:04 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Sorry but it's true.

You've never heard of Carpool Karaoke?!?!
https://youtu.be/UEg6TDklBuE

Actually I have Scrapper. From you.
I've never watched it other than the one you posted once.
(06-09-2018, 11:56 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Corden is the host of the late show that comes on after Steve Colbert's show.

I did not know that.   Embarrassed
(06-09-2018, 03:59 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 11:56 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Corden is the host of the late show that comes on after Steve Colbert's show.

I did not know that.   Embarrassed

Yeah, actually, I didn't either.
He’s better in small doses.
(06-09-2018, 04:35 PM)bbqboy Wrote: He’s better in small doses.

Bourdain?  I agree.

Well the elderly with an illness don't want any intervention but the fact that the others don't proves they do.

how the hell do you not know who Anthony Bourdain is? I agree LOL