Caged children
Quote:HARLINGEN, Tex. — The business of housing, transporting and watching over migrant children detained along the southwest border is not a multimillion-dollar business.
It’s a billion-dollar one.
The nonprofit Southwest Key Programs has won at least $955 million in federal contracts since 2015 to run shelters and provide other services to immigrant children in federal custody. Its shelter for migrant boys at a former Walmart Supercenter in South Texas has been the focus of nationwide scrutiny, but Southwest Key is but one player in the lucrative, secretive world of the migrant-shelter business. About a dozen contractors operate more than 30 facilities in Texas alone, with numerous others contracted for about 100 shelters in 16 other states.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/us/mi...ssing.html
Who said it?

1.  "We simply can not allow people to pour into the US undocumented"

2.  "People who enter the US without our permission are illegal aliens"

3.  "Just because your child gets across the border doesn't mean the child gets to stay"

4.  "It is wrong and ultimately self defeating for a nation to permit abuse of our immigration laws"

Trump, Obama, Schumer, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton?

Answers:

1. Obama
2. Schumer
3. Hillary Clinton
4. Bill Clinton
(06-22-2018, 10:53 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:HARLINGEN, Tex. — The business of housing, transporting and watching over migrant children detained along the southwest border is not a multimillion-dollar business.
The nonprofit Southwest Key Programs has won at least $955 million in federal contracts since 2015 to run shelters and provide other services to immigrant children in federal custody. Its shelter for migrant boys at a former Walmart Supercenter in South Texas has been the focus of nationwide scrutiny, but Southwest Key is but one player in the lucrative, secretive world of the migrant-shelter business. About a dozen contractors operate more than 30 facilities in Texas alone, with numerous others contracted for about 100 shelters in 16 other states.

(06-23-2018, 09:40 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 10:53 PM)chuck white Wrote:
The nonprofit Southwest Key Programs has won at least $955 million in federal contracts since 2015 to run shelters and provide other services to immigrant children in federal custody. Its shelter for migrant boys at a former Walmart Supercenter in South Texas has been the focus of nationwide scrutiny, but Southwest Key is but one player in the lucrative, secretive world of the migrant-shelter business. About a dozen contractors operate more than 30 facilities in Texas alone, with numerous others contracted for about 100 shelters in 16 other states.

Who was president in 2015??????
Trump is such a clown and even worse are those who can't see it.

He STILL is trying to make the case of all this great suffering from crimes committed by illegal immigrants.
Even though studies after studies show that on average IM's commit less crime than American citizens.
(06-23-2018, 01:46 PM)tornado Wrote:

Trump should follow their lead.  Amazing that there were no protests and the media was silent when Clinton and Obama made those speeches.
(06-23-2018, 01:46 PM)tornado Wrote:

Nice straw man argument

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

Trumps policies have separated children from their parents in numbers never seen with Clinton or Obama.

That is the F***ING issue. And NOT the fact that Clinton and Obama were also in favor of getting tougher on illegal immigrants . Which is all the stupid ass video with trump added while making faces.
If an illegal immigrant doesn't want to be separated from their child, all that is necessary is to voluntarily go back across the border with their child.
(06-23-2018, 04:30 PM)tornado Wrote: If an illegal immigrant doesn't want to be separated from their child, all that is necessary is to voluntarily go back across the border with their child.
 So no response to my last post eh? Instead just bring up another irrelevant point.
They can's always simply go back? Maybe the really do need asylum? How are we supposed to know without trying to find the truth?
Also that comment tells me you don't have a clue how hard the journey is and how far some of these people would have to travel to simply Voluntarily go back across the border with their child.
Did you think they all lived just on the other side of the Rio Grande?
(06-23-2018, 04:30 PM)tornado Wrote: If an illegal immigrant doesn't want to be separated from their child, all that is necessary is to voluntarily go back across the border with their child.
If it were only that easy. One word for the small minded, like yourself... desperation.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(06-23-2018, 05:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
 So no response to my last post eh? Instead just bring up another irrelevant point.
They can's always simply go back? Maybe the really do need asylum? How are we supposed to know without trying to find the truth?
Also that comment tells me you don't have a clue how hard the journey is and how far some of these people would have to travel to simply Voluntarily go back across the border with their child.

Come one, come all, party at tvguy's house. Popcorn and Scrapper the dancing queen all night long.
(06-24-2018, 07:45 AM)tornado Wrote:

Come one, come all, party at tvguy's house. Popcorn and Scrapper the dancing queen all night long.

So. If you show up at TV_GUY's house and he does want you there does he ?

a.. Take you to the door and push you out
or
b.  Take your wallet and lock you up in the basement for 2 months and then push you out the door?
(by the way he lost track of your wallet)
Funny how we can't learn from past mistakes and when we do learn we soon forget.

Quote:Donald Trump has said he has no option but to lock up immigrant families to enforce immigration law. That’s a revision of his previous claim that he had no option but to separate kids from their parents.
But there is an alternative that is cheaper than either of those options—and effective. It’s known as the Family Case Management Program (FCMP,) which was introduced by the Obama administration in 2016 and abruptly ended by the Trump administration last year.
FCMP allowed immigrants with pending court cases to go free, but paired them with social workers who offered legal guidance and ensured the immigrants showed up to their hearings. It had an impressive success rate. All of the participants kept their court appointments, and 99% made it to their check-ins with immigration authorities, according to a 2017 audit by the Office of the Inspector General. Only 2% of the roughly one thousand participants fled.
Its price tag is $36 a day, according to the AP—significantly lower than what it costs to house immigrants families together or separately. A night at the “tent city” for children erected near the border is more than $700 per person; the cost of a bed at a family detention facility is about $318, according to Homeland Security’s 2019 budget proposal.

https://qz.com/1312707/trumps-family-det...-families/

Why do you even post here? I responded with my opinion to your posts twice and all you can do is post this nonsense.
I didn't think you were as bad as CP.
(06-15-2018, 08:06 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 07:28 PM)Juniper Wrote: What bothers/amuses me more is Sessions saying it's justifiable (to separate children from parents) because it's the against the law.

And quoting the Bible to justify it.

God:  "Walls work.  Heaven has a wall, a pearly gate and extreme vetting to get inside.  Build the wall......."
(06-24-2018, 02:34 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 07:28 PM)Juniper Wrote: What bothers/amuses me more is Sessions saying it's justifiable (to separate children from parents) because it's the against the law.

God:  "Walls work.  Heaven has a wall, a pearly gate and extreme vetting to get inside.  Build the wall......."
[Image: f9c7348156a6afab417bdea5c5963806.jpg]

(06-24-2018, 02:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

[Image: f9c7348156a6afab417bdea5c5963806.jpg]

Wrong. They went there to be taxed.

In the Gospel of Luke (2: 1-7) it is stated that the reason Jesus was born in Bethlehem was because his parents were ordered by Emperor Augustus to return to their ancestral village at a time when Mary was pregnant, thus linking the founding story of the Christian religion with Roman imperial economic policy:
Quote:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Cæsar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judæa, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
(06-24-2018, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Why do you even post here? I responded with my opinion to your posts twice and all you can do is post this  nonsense.
I didn't think you were as bad as CP.
No, what you do is lecture, ala Wonky style.

Seriously?? Laughing Laughing 

You're proving that church squatters are delusional. Help him out SD.