This infuriates me.
It's all over the news  Someone Called 911 on a Black Oregon Legislator Campaigning Door-to-Door

So obviously we are led to believe this was proof that blacks are stereotyped and profiled.
But is that true? I guarantee you that a LOT of people are VERY suspicious of ANYONE going door to door.
A lot of people won't even open their door and many do indeed call the police regardless of the race of the suspicions person.

As a matter of fact the same thing happened to a WHITE man who was also a legislature and that fact proves my point.

If you listen to Bynum it's obvious she believe this was all about her race. I sure as hell won't ever vote for her.

Rep. Janelle Bynum snapped this selfie with the sheriff’s deputy who was dispatched to investigate a call about a suspicious person. Bynum praised the officer for responding “professionally” to the situation.

Courtesy Rep. Janelle Bynum

A black state representative in Oregon was canvassing in her district on Tuesday when one of her constituents called the police on her.
Rep. Janelle Bynum is a Democrat running for a second term this fall in the Oregon House of Representatives. She was knocking on constituents’ doors in Clackamas—a community south of Portland—for about two hours on Tuesday afternoon when someone reported her to 911.
While Bynum was taking notes on her cellphone from the conversation she had with a constituent, a sheriff’s deputy in a patrol car pulled up alongside her. Bynum told the Oregonian that when she saw the deputy, she thought, “I don’t believe this.”
The deputy asked Bynum if she was selling something. (At the time, Bynum was only carrying her cellphone, a pen, and campaign fliers.) Bynum explained why she was going door-to-door. The deputy told her that someone called 911 to report that Bynum was spending a lot of time at houses in the area and appeared to be scoping out the neighborhood for a burglary.

S r Campaigning Door-to-Door
By Sofie Werthan
July 05, 20183:15 PM  

Rep. Janelle Bynum snapped this selfie with the sheriff’s deputy who was dispatched to investigate a call about a suspicious person. Bynum praised the officer for responding “professionally” to the situation.

Courtesy Rep. Janelle Bynum

A black state representative in Oregon was canvassing in her district on Tuesday when one of her constituents called the police on her.
Rep. Janelle Bynum is a Democrat running for a second term this fall in the Oregon House of Representatives. She was knocking on constituents’ doors in Clackamas—a community south of Portland—for about two hours on Tuesday afternoon when someone reported her to 911.
While Bynum was taking notes on her cellphone from the conversation she had with a constituent, a sheriff’s deputy in a patrol car pulled up alongside her. Bynum told the Oregonian that when she saw the deputy, she thought, “I don’t believe this.”
The deputy asked Bynum if she was selling something. (At the time, Bynum was only carrying her cellphone, a pen, and campaign fliers.) Bynum explained why she was going door-to-door. The deputy told her that someone called 911 to report that Bynum was spending a lot of time at houses in the area and appeared to be scoping out the neighborhood for a burglary.
I don't know. From the stories and reports I've seen so far I thought she was pretty gracious about the whole affair. I didn't get any feeling that she was trying to make a big deal out of it.
(07-05-2018, 04:55 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I don't know. From the stories and reports I've seen so far I thought she was pretty gracious about the whole affair. I didn't get any feeling that she was trying to make a big deal out of it.
I agree.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Well, it's true what you are saying. I've thought it myself. There is a big leap of thought happening here, that the reason for the action is about the color of the person without using any means of accounting for that assumption. Does that make sense? I'm tired. Big Grin
(07-05-2018, 04:55 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I don't know. From the stories and reports I've seen so far I thought she was pretty gracious about the whole affair. I didn't get any feeling that she was trying to make a big deal out of it.

She made at least two comments showing that she assumed this happened because she is black.

She said "I was angry that I was giving so much"......

She had no right to be angry UNLESS she assumed this was because she was black when NOTHING whatsoever indicates that was true.

That's what pissed me off about her. But what infuriates me is the media ALL p0sting the story and in the headlines it says she was black.

Well that's just like saying this all happened because she was black. End of story. That's it. No need to read further.
(07-05-2018, 08:42 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, it's true what you are saying. I've thought it myself. There is a big leap of thought happening here, that the reason for the action is about the color of the person without using any means of accounting for that assumption.  Does that make sense?  I'm tired. Big Grin

Exactly right.. Right now a whole lot of people think white cops are just running around shooting blacks like it happens every minute.
And too many far left idiots think all the poor blacks are in prison ONLY because whitey targets them.

This event and the MEDIA just fuels this MYTHOLOGY. There are videos all over the internet showing how this is proof positive that the poor black man is being persecuted.

But just never fucking mind the fact that the exact same thing happened to as WHITE legislator
(07-06-2018, 03:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:

She made at least two comments showing that she assumed this happened because she is black.

She had no right to be angry UNLESS she assumed this was because she was black when NOTHING whatsoever indicates that was true.

That's what pissed me off about her. But what infuriates me is the media ALL p0sting the story and in the headlines it says she was black.

Well that's just like saying this all happened because she was black. End of story. That's it. No need to read further.

Not sure where you saw that quote, I haven't seen it anywhere.

I was commenting on how she reacted to the event. The news media on the other hand seems to have taken it and run with it.
(07-06-2018, 04:53 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 03:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Not sure where you saw that quote, I haven't seen it anywhere.

I was commenting on how she reacted to the event. The news media on the other hand seems to have taken it and run with it.

Yes I know you were commenting on how she reacted. That's why I mentioned she said she was angry because she said was doing something good.
She said that on a video. She also said... " I hope I can be a voice for people who look different. I live in this neighborhood so I feel like I should be able to walk anywhere I want"

Who said she couldn't? And why mention people who look different if she doesn't think this was because she was black??

This lady is workin it like a pro, getting all she can out of it.

And the first thing she did after this was posted this on Facebook Rolling Eyes

You two think she was so "gracious" . I want to hear her say this could have also happened to a white person.
She didn't think that for one second.