Another storm tonight
I don't know about others but the wind I had Saturday evening was one of the three times in thirty years I've had winds that strong.
It came from north, northwest and where I live there very little on the north side of my property or beyond to slow it down.
I think it had to be gusting at close to 50 MPH. Blew over my pot plants and broke a couple. It sent my heavy ass bird feeder flying so far it took a few minutes to find it. Broke limbs in my trees etc. All in all I'm pretty proud my green house as well as my shop held up just fine.

Anyway they are predicting the same thing tonight Confused
Agreed on wind intensity, easily some of the top wind gusts I've had around here. No damage or issues to anything at our place, but the front and back yards ended up full of debris, full size green maple leaves from neighboring properties, like you'd get in the fall, except these were all healthy green leaves! And tons of the little brown cedar tips debris from another neighboring property covered our roof and yard. Will have to clean the gutters from that little episode for sure.
(06-19-2018, 01:33 PM)GPnative Wrote: Agreed on wind intensity, easily some of the top wind gusts I've had around here. No damage or issues to anything at our place, but the front and back yards ended up full of debris, full size green maple leaves from neighboring properties, like you'd get in the fall, except these were all healthy green leaves! And tons of the little brown cedar tips debris from another neighboring property covered our roof and yard. Will have to clean the gutters from that little episode for sure.

So it did happen all over. I thought it was some sort of microburst.

About 10 years ago or so I was taking the garbage out to the front of my house. It faces south. I NEVER get wind form the south.
But it started coming up really strong so I just stood there watching and admiring it. But it kept getting stronger and stronger until I couldn't believe what was happening.
And then I thought WTF am I doing outside. It blew so hard it bent a tree over until it damaged the roofing on my shop.
It's never done that again. Anyway I always considered it must have been a microburst because this only happened where I live.

[Image: Microburstnasa.JPG]
I think the storm has been cancelled and it's now tomorrow night. Razz
(06-19-2018, 07:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think the storm has been cancelled and it's now tomorrow night. Razz

Something else came up?
(06-19-2018, 07:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 07:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think the storm has been cancelled and it's now tomorrow night. Razz

Something else came up?

Yes but I'm pretty sure it's still on for tomorrow.
(06-19-2018, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't know about others but the wind I had Saturday evening was one of the three times in thirty years I've had winds that strong.
It came from north, northwest and where I live there very little on the north side of my property or beyond to slow it down.
I think it had to be gusting at close to 50 MPH. Blew over my pot plants and broke a couple. It sent my heavy ass bird feeder flying so far it took a few minutes to find it. Broke limbs in my trees etc. All in all I'm pretty proud my green house as well as my shop held up just fine.

Are they?
(06-19-2018, 07:45 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't know about others but the wind I had Saturday evening was one of the three times in thirty years I've had winds that strong.

Are they?
I screwed up . They were predicting this for Wednesday evening. The article I read on FB said we could get winds similar to the winds we had the other day... my wife said it was Saturday and I believed her. It was Sunday.

I can't find the same article and now there little mention of anything on most weather predictions . But I did fine this that was posted today.

[Image: zmldgj.jpg]
That Saturday storm was a gully washer.
[/url][Image: 28277299_1620312381349400_89084686858905...e=5BAD72E6]
KOBI-TV NBC 5 shared a post.
4 mins ·
[Image: 35701595_1741900192559210_91450565509125...e=5BA7A152]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/NWSMedford/photos/a.121146854634560.29152.119845984764647/1741900189225877/?type=3]
US National Weather Service Medford Oregon
1 hr ·
6/20 1pm. Here is a radar image taken around 1pm this afternoon. Storms are already starting in the northern Cascades. We're expecting more storms to fire around the Rogue valley later this afternoon and early evening.

Just had a snap, crackle, pop here on Antelope creek. The wind blew the tops out of two Oregon ash behind the house on dad's day.

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain coming down, sunny day.
(06-20-2018, 05:27 PM)tornado Wrote:

Just had a snap, crackle, pop here on Antelope creek. The wind blew the tops out of two Oregon ash behind the house on dad's day.

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain coming down, sunny day.

Yes I have seen rain fall while the sun was shining. Many times. It does seem a little odd.
You missed a cue, mr. Fogerty.
(06-20-2018, 06:52 PM)bbqboy Wrote: You missed a cue, mr. Fogerty.

Well, I have.   Laughing