Fires impacting Southern Oregon
(07-30-2019, 05:06 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 02:46 PM)GPnative Wrote: Now stating 10% containment.

The bad news, that is only taking into account the ocean as one of its borders.

With rising sea levels, that should help.

Every time I've been over to the coast, they seem to be right where they have always been, in my lifetime.
(07-30-2019, 10:05 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Every time I've been over to the coast, they seem to be right where they have always been, in my lifetime.

Looks like it an inch or two higher to me.
The Panther Gulch Fire was estimated at 25-30 acres as darkness fell Tuesday night, with Wednesday sure to be a make-or-break day as firefighters battle to prevent the blaze from becoming the region’s second big project fire.

Tanker 62, a four-engine DC-7, made two retardant drops less than 2 1/2 hours after the fire was first spotted in the Panther Gulch Road area near Williams, south of Grants Pass.

Several single engine tankers made a few drops before dark as well.
Daily Courier staff report

WILLIAMS — Firefighters and bulldozer operators were able to get a line nearly around the Panther Gulch Fire that broke out Tuesday evening, keeping it at 50 acres and avoiding a second major fire in Southwest Oregon.

This morning, the Oregon Department of Forestry reported today’s goal is to hold lines and contain the fire, just south of Williams off of East Fork Road.

Firefighters unleashed a heavy assault Tuesday night, as the DC-7 Tanker 62 from Medford made two drops of 3,000 gallons of retardant, and four single-engine air tankers made multiple drops with 700 to 750 gallons.

Air attack was expected to resume today, with four helicopters, the SEATs and Tanker 62, if necessary. Four 20-person hand crews are on scene, along with engine crews.

Applegate Valley Fire and Williams Fire departments assisted.

Conditions this morning are favorable to stop the fire, with light winds and cool temperatures, ODF said.
(07-30-2019, 10:05 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Well maybe you could read up on the subject and have some actual knowledge.
(07-29-2019, 07:58 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 06:37 PM)tvguy Wrote: From my casa ....

[Image: IMG-7605-sdf.jpg]

Nice shot, i bet you could email that to a local station and possibly get it aired, cant remember which channel but one of them shows a lot of viewer photos.

Thanks but only if there is a prize LOL.. Anyway I cheated with this photo. I doubled the size of the sun Razz
I think it's great that they are actually making progress at putting out the MP97 fire.
I want all of the pessimists who act as if smokey summers will always be here.
Many people have said.. "Summer is ruined again"
Some people are even moving because of this.
(08-01-2019, 02:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think it's great that they are actually making progress at putting out the MP97 fire.

The kind of smoke we've been having the last couple of days are more 'normal' fire smoke.  Seems a bit early in July.  That's the part that seems different.  I think people are just jumpy as can be.  I know I am. I can't breathe and it's a big issue for me.  So, yeah, I get nervous in the smoke.
(08-01-2019, 05:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 02:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think it's great that they are actually making progress at putting out the MP97 fire.

The kind of smoke we've been having the last couple of days are more 'normal' fire smoke.  Seems a bit early in July.  That's the part that seems different.  I think people are just jumpy as can be.  I know I am. I can't breathe and it's a big issue for me.  So, yeah, I get nervous in the smoke.

It August LOL Razz Wink I'm just talking about the people who are sure this will never end. Or the ones who claim it's been this way for years.
I totally understand it's a problem and more for some.