Medfords air quality just went to hell
(08-14-2018, 05:18 PM)GCG Wrote: It seems far smokier this afternoon than we've seen in awhile. Yet the AQI is around 185. It doesn't make sense to me. Do we have a new fire that is very local?

The data that you see is already two hours old. You bet it's bad tight now. I'm pretty sure it's hazardous.

https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/img/icons/favicon.ico

[url=https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/img/icons/favicon.ico][/url]
(08-14-2018, 05:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:18 PM)GCG Wrote: It seems far smokier this afternoon than we've seen in awhile. Yet the AQI is around 185. It doesn't make sense to me. Do we have a new fire that is very local?

The data that you see is already two hours old. You bet it's bad tight now. I'm pretty sure it's hazardous.

Use This

Air.gov readings are  usually only an hour old.
(08-14-2018, 05:29 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Use This

I'm not sure i trust them. do they have about the same data? The Oregon DEQ site has history.
You can look back and see what it was like last night.
(08-14-2018, 05:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:40 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: I knew I was sensitive but I though maybe I was paranoid. But yesterday I decided to drive over to my new work in Phoenix without a mask.(air conditioner is kaput) I wore one coming home because it was worse....but last night I felt ill and was coughing and hacking up stuff, which I don't typically do, so I guess I really am. Back to wearing those masks!!

Does the air purifier at home work well?

I suppose it does.  To be honest, I don't know if it makes that big a difference, because the new house has no carpeting and is very clean but I'm taking precautions anyway.

How has it affected your electric bill?
I'm quite sure she doesn't have a clue. Especially in a new house she probably doesn't know what an average bill is yet.
It's basically just a fan so I doubt the electricity usage even matters. Mine has ran nos stop since the day I  bought it.

I was just talking  to my wife about how nice and QUIET it will be once all my fans,the air purifier and the two ACs are not all humming along.

I have 2 ACs
One air purifier
and six fans in the house Laughing

It's hard to hear each other if we are not close Surprised

TV is right...I have no clue.  But I doubt it makes much difference. I actually am ambiguous about my bills simply because I had two bills, one from the old house, one from the new, then some more and I just kept paying till everything said zero, so I'm going to have to wait to figure out my usage, but I can't imagine it being much of a blip really.  I turn it off when I go to work anyway. I just keep it my room, since I spend a lot of time there.  It goes red occasionally but will quickly go blue again.  I cleaned the ceiling fan.  That helped!  Big Grin
[Image: 2nrpjzc.jpg]

You can see that  3 and 4 oclock the air started getting worse. I'm pretty sure it purple now.
(08-14-2018, 05:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:40 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Does the air purifier at home work well?

I suppose it does.  To be honest, I don't know if it makes that big a difference, because the new house has no carpeting and is very clean but I'm taking precautions anyway.

I'm quite sure she doesn't have a clue. Especially in a new house she probably doesn't know what an average bill is yet.
It's basically just a fan so I doubt the electricity usage even matters. Mine has ran nos stop since the day I  bought it.

I was just talking  to my wife about how nice and QUIET it will be once all my fans,the air purifier and the two ACs are not all humming along.

I have 2 ACs
One air purifier

TV is right...I have no clue.  But I doubt it makes much difference. I actually am ambiguous about my bills simply because I had two bills, one from the old house, one from the new, then some more and I just kept paying till everything said zero, so I'm going to have to wait to figure out my usage, but I can't imagine it being much of a blip really.  I turn it off when I go to work anyway. I just keep it my room, since I spend a lot of time there.  It goes red occasionally but will quickly go blue again.  I cleaned the ceiling fan.  That helped!  Big Grin

Did you look at the three filters in the purifier yet?

Use This

I typed in air.gov and it took me to the same site I use Laughing Oregon DEQ air quality and there info is 2 hours old Blink
(08-14-2018, 05:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Use This

I typed in air.gov and it took me to the same site I use Laughing Oregon DEQ air quality and there info is 2 hours old Blink
Mine says 1700 hours which is 5.00 o'clock. Now, what's weird, is that when I'm at work, very close to the air reading station it doesn't give me the time in military time; it will say "one hour ago".  Why is that?
(08-14-2018, 05:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:52 PM)Juniper Wrote: I suppose it does.  To be honest, I don't know if it makes that big a difference, because the new house has no carpeting and is very clean but I'm taking precautions anyway.

I have 2 ACs
One air purifier

yes....not too bad really, but I changed it anyway. The micro screen had a handful of cat hair on it.
(08-14-2018, 05:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Use This

Mine says 1700 hours which is 5.00 o'clock. Now, what's weird, is that when I'm at work, very close to the air reading station it doesn't give me the time in military time; it will say "one hour ago".  Why is that?
Beats the hell out of me. I just looked 4 seconds ago any the last update was 1600 or 4 Oclock
(08-14-2018, 05:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote: How has it affected your electric bill?

I have 2 ACs
One air purifier

yes....not too bad really, but I changed it anyway. The micro screen had a handful of cat hair on it.

Changed it ? I just vacuumed them and also blew them off with compressed air.
(08-14-2018, 05:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'm quite sure she doesn't have a clue. Especially in a new house she probably doesn't know what an average bill is yet.

I have 2 ACs
One air purifier

Changed it ? I just vacuumed them and also blew them off with compressed air.
I was wondering about using compressed air...currently out. And don't have a vacuum at the moment. Mine broke right when I moved and I didn't see a reason to replace it with no carpeting.
(08-14-2018, 05:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: The data that you see is already two hours old. You bet it's bad tight now. I'm pretty sure it's hazardous.

Use This

Beats the hell out of me. I just looked 4 seconds ago any the last update was 1600 or 4 Oclock

https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airn...cityid=617
(08-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:29 PM)Juniper Wrote: Air.gov readings are  usually only an hour old.

OK I see. The only advantage I see is it's one hour newer. Other than that I like the Oregon DEQ air quality site a lot better. Plus it has history
It's easier to see all of southern Oregon at a glance
(08-14-2018, 06:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: I typed in air.gov and it took me to the same site I use Laughing Oregon DEQ air quality and there info is 2 hours old Blink

OK I see. The only advantage I see is it's one hour newer. Other than that I like the Oregon DEQ air quality site a lot better. Plus it has history

We use that one at work a lot....it seems to pop up easier on our phones...we are going hour by hour.  I haven't told the supervisors it's dated info. they think it's in real time. Big Grin. but I'm not likely to go out anyway if it's over 100.  We tried one day and it made me sick.
(08-14-2018, 06:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:47 PM)Juniper Wrote: Mine says 1700 hours which is 5.00 o'clock. Now, what's weird, is that when I'm at work, very close to the air reading station it doesn't give me the time in military time; it will say "one hour ago".  Why is that?

We use that one at work a lot....it seems to pop up easier on our phones...we are going hour by hour.  I haven't told the supervisors it's dated info. they think it's in real time. Big Grin. but I'm not likely to go out anyway if it's over 100.  We tried one day and it made me sick.

I can tell in real time by looking out my back door and seeing how hard or if I can see table rock which is 2 miles away.
(08-14-2018, 06:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: Beats the hell out of me. I just looked 4 seconds ago any the last update was 1600 or 4 Oclock

I can tell in real time by looking out my back door and seeing how hard or if I can see table rock which is 2 miles away.
That's pretty much my method also.  Roxy Ann?  Right now?  Invisible.
(08-14-2018, 06:10 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Juniper Wrote: https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airn...cityid=617

I wonder how far you are from there. I looked at Google earth to see how far I was from Table rock.
I remember you once said you were only about a mike from the airport? It's farther than you think because I think their weather station is off Biddle just before you reach Tablerock rd.
(08-14-2018, 06:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 06:10 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 06:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK I see. The only advantage I see is it's one hour newer. Other than that I like the Oregon DEQ air quality site a lot better. Plus it has history

I wonder how far you are from there. I looked at Google earth to see how far I was from Table rock.
I remember you once said you were only about a mike from the airport? It's farther than you think because I think their weather station is off Biddle just before you reach Tablerock rd.

Yes, tha t side...but I meant the side I'm on. Over by Buffalo Wild Wings...you can't get in on that side, but the airfield is there.  Roxy Ann?  I think 2 or 3 miles..depending on where you want to say it starts.
Pretty bad here. The worst its been since last year.These hills may be about 2 miles away. 

[Image: 20180814_170702.jpg]