It's a freaking white out
I feel like I'm in the damn fire
Okay I'm whining A lot of people have it way worse than me because of the fires.
Wow! It got really bad. Sorry everyone. 

https://www.grantspassweather.com/images/weathermovies/
306 on DEQ and as we know that's not real time.
Where smoke is concerned, whining is allowed!

We have company visiting from out of town and it has really been a downer for their trip and impacted their touristy plans. They are over on the coast atm to get out of the smoke.
Smoke is worse down in Weed, Ca
This was from this morning, smoke makes a good filter.
[Image: DSCF0403.jpg]
(08-06-2018, 11:23 AM)chuck white Wrote: Smoke is worse down in Weed, Ca
This was from this morning, smoke makes a good filter.
[Image: DSCF0403.jpg]

That doesn't look any worse that it was at my house yesterday.
(08-05-2018, 08:42 PM)Juniper Wrote: 306 on DEQ   and as we know that's not real time.

That's as bad as it gets Confused I wasn't looking at the air quality website but yeah I have no doubt it was purple.. hazardous. Yesterday A friend came by with four truck tires to mount on wheels for his broke ass SIL. It a ton of work with my old tire machine and took a couple of hours.
I'm feeling it today
(08-06-2018, 01:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 08:42 PM)Juniper Wrote: 306 on DEQ   and as we know that's not real time.

That's as bad as it gets Confused I wasn't looking at the air quality website but yeah I have no doubt it was purple.. hazardous. Yesterday A friend came by with four truck tires to mount on wheels for his broke ass SIL. It a ton of work with my old tire machine and took a couple of hours.
I'm feeling it today

Must be a good friend...these days I think I'd tell my own wife to just take it to the tire shop before I'd fight with mounting tires.
(08-06-2018, 02:20 PM)GPnative Wrote:

I'm feeling it today

Must be a good friend...these days I think I'd tell my own wife to just take it to the tire shop before I'd fight with mounting tires.

I agree. I don't even do my own tires. I pay to have them mounted and balanced and I can't do balancing.
I didn't know the air was going to be as bad as it was or that the tires would be so hard to mount.
The kid showed up with 16" wheels that came off of an 89 Ford 3/4 ton truck.
And some 16 in nearly bald CAR tires Blink  I sold him a set of 285/75 R16 tires that came off of a Hummer for 50 bucks.
(08-06-2018, 03:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm feeling it today

I agree. I don't even do my own tires. I pay to have them mounted and balanced and I can't do balancing.
I didn't know the air was going to be as bad as it was or that the tires would be so hard to mount.
And some 16 in nearly bald CAR tires Blink  I sold him a set of 285/75 R16 tires that came off of a Hummer for 50 bucks.
When I was young and poor, I used to buy used tires from a guy, with the last name of Skidmore.

Skids used tires, was his business name.
(08-06-2018, 03:09 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I'm feeling it today

When I was young and poor, I used to buy used tires from a guy, with the last name of Skidmore.

Laughing  Back in about 2008 I quit working as an electrician because there wasn't any work. I found an auto recycling place that scrapped cars. They had no outlets for the tires so I started buying and selling them. I did this for years. I used to tell people I sold hundreds.
Then I realized it was actually thousands. I've since moved on to something else even more lucrative and less work.
(08-06-2018, 04:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 03:09 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 01:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's as bad as it gets Confused I wasn't looking at the air quality website but yeah I have no doubt it was purple.. hazardous. Yesterday A friend came by with four truck tires to mount on wheels for his broke ass SIL. It a ton of work with my old tire machine and took a couple of hours.
I'm feeling it today

Laughing  Back in about 2008 I quit working as an electrician because there wasn't any work. I found an auto recycling place that scrapped cars. They had no outlets for the tires so I started buying and selling them. I did this for years. I used to tell people I sold hundreds.
Then I realized it was actually thousands. I've since moved on to something else even more lucrative and less work.

'Re-tired' from the business. Laughing