America is a country of whiners
Spoiled, coddled, lazy, entitled, ignorant, gullible Today on the editorial page  a man was saying that The MPD was more interested in "cashing in" than "promoting the law".

What other country on the planet puts up a sign to warn people that there is a cop ahead? WE DO!!! And even then people bitch about the van because it's doesn't show you your speed as you approach?

Holy crap. And now people on FB are screaming bloody murder because they THINK their bill went up because they got a smart meter Rolling Eyes
And not only that many post about what crooks the PP&L is. Excuse me?? They just deliver the power. It's up to the customer to use it properly.
It's like people who complain they spend too much on food because the eat a lot more than others.

Electricity is a gift from God. I mean seriously compared to what you get from having it to what it costs in dollars. It might be the single best deal we get.
And yet the whiners continue
(08-17-2018, 07:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: Spoiled, coddled, lazy, entitled, ignorant, gullible Today on the editorial page  a man was saying that The MPD was more interested in "cashing in" than "promoting the law".

What other country on the planet puts up a sign to warn people that there is a cop ahead? WE DO!!! And even then people bitch about the van because it's doesn't show you your speed as you approach?

Holy crap. And now people on FB are screaming bloody murder because they THINK their bill went up because they got a smart meter Rolling Eyes
And not only that many post about what crooks the PP&L is. Excuse me?? They just deliver the power. It's up to the customer to use it properly.
It's like people who complain they spend too much on food because the eat a lot more than others.

Electricity is a gift from God. I mean seriously compared to what you get from having it to what it costs in dollars. It might be the single best deal we get.

Yeah, I, also am a bit bemused by the PP & L whining.  But you are right. People whine about EVERYTHING now. Something on the news about some paid advertisment billboard in Southern California being complained about for a festival(must  have been Christian) because the man in the picture was holding a bible. Get over yourselves people!
(08-17-2018, 09:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 07:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: Spoiled, coddled, lazy, entitled, ignorant, gullible Today on the editorial page  a man was saying that The MPD was more interested in "cashing in" than "promoting the law".

Yeah, I, also am a bit bemused by the PP & L whining.  But you are right. People whine about EVERYTHING now. Something on the news about some paid advertisment billboard in Southern California being complained about for a festival(must  have been Christian) because the man in the picture was holding a bible. Get over yourselves people!

Back in the day they called it "egg in your beer" But now it seems like everybody wants egg in their beer so it's the norm.

Are you whining about there being too much whining going on?
(08-18-2018, 01:08 PM)GCG Wrote:

Are you whining about there being too much whining going on?
YES!!!  And also this is still a discussion forum right? Wink
It does seem like whining and complaining and entitlement and judging are in overdrive.
(08-18-2018, 01:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: It does seem like whining and complaining and entitlement and judging are in overdrive.

I think a lot of is a Facebook Phenomenon. If you are some nut with nutty ass loopy ideas you can find others who think the same.
Or others who will actually believe what ever bullshit it is.

Also you will find more of these type people in the poorer areas that naturally have people who are less educated.
And many of these people need to blame their lack of success in life on anything they can..... except themselves.
(08-18-2018, 03:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 01:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: It does seem like whining and complaining and entitlement and judging are in overdrive.

I think a lot of is a Facebook Phenomenon. If you are some nut with nutty ass loopy ideas you can find others who think the same.

Also you will find more of these type people in the poorer areas that naturally have people who are less educated.
And many of these people need to blame their lack of success in life on anything they can..... except themselves.
Yes, FB as in social media.  Not only FB, all of it. I agree. Of course the Right will say it's the Left's fault. Laughing Laughing I was listening to a an interview with Haley Joe Osment (kid from Sixth Sense, only an adult now) and he was talking about FB and smart phones. And he was talking about going to to see Dave Chappelle.  Apparently Chappelle doesn't allow cell phones in. Other performers are also starting to do this. Anyway, he was saying how much it felt like a relief to just be in a room where people weren't glued to their phones.  I remember when cell phones came out and people felt and said it was rude to interrupt your personal conversation and answer your phone, or answer or talk on your phone in public. That's all normal and accepted now. My daughter refuses to take her phone out at a restaurant.  I mentioned it to her. She said "Because it's f***ing rude!  I'm  hear to be with you or whoever I'm with and not have that person be on their phone!"  I agree with her but she's fighting an uphill battle.  This is kind of veering off  your whining concept, but somehow I feel it's all connected.
(08-18-2018, 05:03 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-18-2018, 03:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes, FB as in social media.  Not only FB, all of it. I agree. Of course the Right will say it's the Left's fault. Laughing Laughing I was listening to a an interview with Haley Joe Osment (kid from Sixth Sense, only an adult now) and he was talking about FB and smart phones. And he was talking about going to to see Dave Chappelle.  Apparently Chappelle doesn't allow cell phones in. Other performers are also starting to do this. Anyway, he was saying how much it felt like a relief to just be in a room where people weren't glued to their phones.  I remember when cell phones came out and people felt and said it was rude to interrupt your personal conversation and answer your phone, or answer or talk on your phone in public. That's all normal and accepted now. My daughter refuses to take her phone out at a restaurant.  I mentioned it to her. She said "Because it's f***ing rude!  I'm  hear to be with you or whoever I'm with and not have that person be on their  phone!"  I agree with her but she's fighting an uphill battle.  This is kind of veering off  your whining concept, but somehow I feel it's all connected.

I remember when cell phones came out and people felt and said it was rude to interrupt your personal conversation and answer your phone, or answer or talk on your phone in public.

It's only rude in certain situations. I have no problem with someone answering their phone and having a brief conversation. And I will answer mine if I'm conversing with someone. I almost always have something for sale LOL.
It's only rude when you leave the person waiting for too long.

I HAD a good friend and I used to swing by his place to visit. He would get a call and just keep talking for so long I would eventually just get up and leave without saying a word.
This happened about three times and he never even considered that he owed me an apology.
Like I said.. I HAD a friend. It just turned out he was an odd duck, something not right upstairs.

And talking in public? Same thing no one has to talk so loud everyone can here them. But when they do it's totally annoying.

As far as the performers and cell phones? It could be they are sick of people phones ringing which is what I think you thought.
But they also don't want people videoing their act.

off topic... videoing is not a word. Filming sounds stupid when there's no film, so does taping.

What am I to say? Razz