Robin Leach died Friday. He was 76.
Quote:Leach had been hospitalized since last November after suffering a stroke in Cabo San Lucas. After his first stroke, Leach was taken to the St. Rose Dominican, Siena, ICU upon his return to Las Vegas. Leach was moved to the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio in December and later admitted to a nearby rehabilitation facility. In May he returned to Las Vegas, where he continued his rehabilitation. On Monday, Leach suffered an additional stroke.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/robin...columnist/
So, We have a thread about Robin leach and none about Aretha?
(08-25-2018, 07:50 AM)Juniper Wrote: So, We  have a thread about Robin leach and none about Aretha?

You could of started one, still can.
(08-25-2018, 09:09 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 07:50 AM)Juniper Wrote: So, We  have a thread about Robin leach and none about Aretha?

You could of started one, still can.

Just sayin'.
I never understood the point of his show. Kind'a Kardashian before the Kardashians.
(08-25-2018, 10:56 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I never understood the point of his show. Kind'a Kardashian before the Kardashians.

Voyeurism.  I hate these shows like the Kardashians and all the others and don't understand their appeal.  I think the one voyeuristic show I liked, especially in it's first season because it was so jaw dropping hilarious was the Osbournes.

IMO a thread about either one is doesn't mean much to be. But at least it's something to see when I come here Smiling

What is there to say about Aretha other than she was such a great singer. Even saying that I can't say I was ever to crazy about her.
She sounded like a thousand other black women to me. Not like Whitney or Dionne Warwick.
(08-25-2018, 11:22 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 10:56 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I never understood the point of his show. Kind'a Kardashian before the Kardashians.

Voyeurism.  I hate these shows like the Kardashians and all the others and don't understand their appeal.  I think the one voyeuristic show I liked, especially in it's first season because it was so jaw dropping hilarious was the Osbournes.

I don't see that Robin Leach's show was like the Kardishians at all. I never really watched watched it his show on purpose but I remember watching it anyway.
IMO it was more about the houses, the architecture and basically just all the expensive shit. And not about the drama between shallow rich bored celebrities trying to find a meaning for why they are here
(08-25-2018, 12:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 11:22 AM)Juniper Wrote:

I don't see that Robin Leach's show was like the Kardishians at all. I never really watched watched it his show on purpose but I remember watching it anyway.
IMO it was more about the houses, the architecture and basically just all the expensive shit. And not about the drama between shallow rich bored celebrities trying to find a meaning for why they are here
I think it was the somewhat voyeuristic quality that made it similar but that's it. They were two completely different things.
Those olden times when we still believed in rags to riches stories and the American Dream.
(08-25-2018, 02:51 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Those olden times when we still believed in rags to riches stories and the American Dream.

I think the possibility of rags to riches is greater in this country than any other. It's probably a proven fact.
(08-25-2018, 02:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 02:51 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Those olden times when we still believed in rags to riches stories and the American Dream.

I think the possibility of rags to riches is greater in this country than any other. It's probably a proven fact.

I'm not convinced that's true. It's certainly advertised as such so it could be.
Or, perhaps that John McCain died.
(08-25-2018, 06:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: Or, perhaps that John McCain died.

I no longer post anything I care about here anymore. He was one of a small handful of decent Republicans left and the country is diminished by his passing.
(08-25-2018, 08:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I no longer post anything I care about here anymore. He was one of a small handful of decent Republicans left and the country is diminished by his passing.

Well, what are you posting then?
(08-25-2018, 09:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Nothing Burgers, with an occasional comment of my own. These days most of my extra time is spent encouraging first time voters to get registered.
(08-25-2018, 10:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 09:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Nothing Burgers, with an occasional comment of my own. These days most of my extra time is spent encouraging first time voters to get registered.

Good for you. Fighting the good fight.
(08-25-2018, 05:50 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I'm not convinced that's true. It's certainly advertised as such so it could be.
The US alone claims 13.6 million adults with a net worth above $1 million — that's 41% of all the world's millionaires and more than the next eight countries combined.

Maybe this will convince you?

"The millionaire population isn't necessarily a indicator of broad wealth within a country. Despite having the most millionaires by a gaping margin, the median wealth for adults in the US is only $44,977. Of the 18 countries with more than 200,000 millionaires, that's a lower median wealth figure than all but Germany ($42,833), Sweden ($39,692), and China ($4,885).

Those 18 countries don't have the drugs , crime. ghettos gangs like we do.and despite that we have [b]41% of all the world's millionaires [/b]It would be higher if we didn't have a large amount of coasters, lazy asses, people who work the system.

What I'm saying in our country  the median wealth for adults in the US is only $44,977. because of  drugs , crime. ghettos gangs and lazy ass people
https://www.businessinsider.com/countrie...res-2017-4

I no longer post anything I care about here anymore.

Why not?
(08-26-2018, 12:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 05:50 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

The US alone claims 13.6 million adults with a net worth above $1 million — that's 41% of all the world's millionaires and more than the next eight countries combined.

Maybe this will convince you?

"The millionaire population isn't necessarily a indicator of broad wealth within a country. Despite having the most millionaires by a gaping margin, the median wealth for adults in the US is only $44,977. Of the 18 countries with more than 200,000 millionaires, that's a lower median wealth figure than all but Germany ($42,833), Sweden ($39,692), and China ($4,885).

Those 18 countries don't have the drugs , crime. ghettos gangs like we do.and despite that we have [b]41% of all the world's millionaires [/b]It would be higher if we didn't have a large amount of coasters, lazy asses, people who work the system.

What I'm saying in our country  the median wealth for adults in the US is only $44,977. because of  drugs , crime. ghettos gangs and lazy ass people
https://www.businessinsider.com/countrie...res-2017-4

I'm not sure what all you're trying to get at. Having a million bucks isn't the measurement it used to be. Also it doesn't really have anything to do with "rags to riches" necessarily.

So, no I'm still not convinced. In fact your highlighted argument above would seem to not support your point.