Gov. Jerry Brown signs bill eliminating California’s cash-bail system
This seems like a good plan to me. Why should poor people sit in jail until the trial when people with money get to continue on with their lives?

I saw this on Facebook and not one single person actually commented on anything. They just wanted to bash liberals and Brown.

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Gov...188659.php
Well, they tried 3 strikes and you out and imploded the prison system. I think this will just create catch and release situations due to overcrowding.
The prison guard union, is big in California. That is why, they lock up so many people.
(08-29-2018, 07:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, they tried 3 strikes and you out and imploded the prison system. I think this will just create catch and release situations due to overcrowding.

Well, they tried 3 strikes and you out and imploded the prison system

It's like mandatory minimum sentencing It's put more people in jail who should be in jail.

This is about people sitting in jail who are not guilty of anything yet. Why is letting them be free until the  trial not fair to them like it is for those who have more money?
(08-29-2018, 08:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 07:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, they tried 3 strikes and you out and imploded the prison system. I think this will just create catch and release situations due to overcrowding.

It's like mandatory minimum sentencing It's put more people in jail who should be in jail.

This is about people sitting in jail who are not guilty of anything yet. Why is letting them be free until the  trial not fair to them like it is for those who have more money?

Well, why is justice blind, but only lots of money will buy you the kind of lawyer with the expertise and motivation to get the best justice you can get?
(08-29-2018, 09:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well, why is justice blind, but only lots of money will buy you the kind of lawyer with the expertise and motivation to get the best justice you can get?
That's another issue. But I know it's not the same but everyone does get a lawyer to represent them.

Also I disagree with the "only" part. I had a DUI years ago and I had a court appointed lawyer who got the case dismissed . I won't go in to details but there's no way more money would have got me a better lawyer.
That's just one experience but I know it's true LOL
(08-30-2018, 12:40 AM)tvguy Wrote:

That's another issue. But I know it's not the same but everyone does get a lawyer to represent them.

Also I disagree with the "only" part. I had a DUI years ago and I had a court appointed lawyer who got the case dismissed . I won't go in to details but there's no way more money would have got me a better lawyer.

It's a generalization, for certain, but I think it's relevant.
(08-30-2018, 01:58 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Yes it's relevant Big Grin  Have you been on the W meddy site? I got it hopping LOL
(08-30-2018, 04:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes it's relevant Big Grin  Have you been on the W meddy site? I got it hopping LOL

Must go look. What did you do now?
(08-30-2018, 04:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Must go look. What did you do now?
(08-29-2018, 04:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: This seems like a good plan to me. Why should poor people sit in jail until the trial when people with money get to continue on with their lives?

I saw this on Facebook and not one single person actually commented on anything. They just wanted to bash liberals and Brown.

More proof liberalism is a mental disorder
(09-04-2018, 09:42 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 04:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: This seems like a good plan to me. Why should poor people sit in jail until the trial when people with money get to continue on with their lives?

More proof liberalism is a mental disorder

Unbelievable that you think anyone gives a shit when you post an over used far right moronic phrase from am radio?