Bill Nye the science guy
Season 31 episode 1 on PBS

This is a must see. It about how popular it is now to be anti science.. In other words an IDIOT like Mike Pence for example who doesn't believe in evolution.
Or Sarah Palin and Trump who don't believe in climate change.

The show focus on a delusional religious clown in Kentucky named Ken Ham who thinks the earth is 4000 years old.
He has built a museum that has cave men living with dinosaurs Blink

And a theme park giant Noah's Ark that has all the animals INCLUDING dinosaurs . This moron is teaching thousands of kids anti science.

You have to watch this
Curious that you would post this just now. I just finished reading a book about the Scopes trial in 1925.

I guess not much has really changed in the intervening years.
(08-30-2018, 05:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Curious that you would post this just now. I just finished reading a book about the Scopes trial in 1925.

Yes thanks to religion and delusional people. But who would have imagined that we would have a vice president in 2018 who doesn't believe in evolution.
And that people knowing that voted for him.
(08-31-2018, 11:27 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 05:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Curious that you would post this just now. I just finished reading a book about the Scopes trial in 1925.

Yes thanks to religion and delusional people. But who would have imagined that we would have a vice president in 2018 who doesn't believe in evolution.

Just curious.  Trump doesn't seem particularly religious.  What does he believe?
(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Just curious.  Trump doesn't seem particularly religious.  What does he believe?

In trump and money. Seemingly in alternating order. Family is always third. Everything else is farther down the list.

Just an observant guess.
(08-31-2018, 03:14 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

In trump and money. Seemingly in alternating order. Family is always third. Everything else is farther down the list.

Just an observant guess.
Well, I would agree with you completely, but, I meant about religion vs creation.  Is he religious?  he doesn't seem to be, except if it's convenient.  So, what does he believe?
(08-31-2018, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:14 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Just an observant guess.
Well, I would agree with you completely, but, I meant about religion vs creation.  Is he religious?  he doesn't seem to be, except if it's convenient.  So, what does he believe?

About religion vs. creation vs. evolution? My guess is he probably hasn't considered it at all and doesn't see how it would relate to him or money. He plays the evangelicals to his benefit like any other political group.

edit.. as far as evolution I don't know what he believes.

See for yourself. It' hard to find anyone stupid enough to deny we are experiencing global warming. Most are at least smart enough to admit the planet is warming. But for various reasons they won't agree it's man made.

But as most of us know there are no limits to Trumps stupidity.

(08-31-2018, 04:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:

See for yourself. It' hard to find anyone stupid enough to deny we are experiencing global warming. Most are at least smart enough to admit the planet is warming. But for various reasons they won't agree it's man made.

He's to old to worry about global warming. The worse to come is 100 years away. (Even if we stop producing CO2 today)
(08-31-2018, 05:06 PM)chuck white Wrote:

He's to old to worry about global warming. The worse to come is 100 years away. (Even if we stop producing CO2 today)

Tell that to the old people who live on Islands that are just a few feet above seal level.

Besides it's his job to worry about climate change.

I think even with all the evidence staring him the face, the bottom line is that Trump doesn't care. He cares about money and profit.
(08-31-2018, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 11:27 AM)tvguy Wrote:   Yes thanks to religion and delusional people. But who would have imagined that we would have a vice president in 2018 who doesn't believe in evolution.

I think even with all the evidence staring him the face, the bottom line is that Trump doesn't care. He cares about money and profit.
He has all that. What he wants is adulation. He's an insecure person. He needs to have someone telling him how great he is because he knows he's not.The proof of that is how vindictive and ugly he gets if anyone says anything bad about him. Even Saturday night live for Pete's sake.
And even as much of a Dick as he is... If he was smart he would understand science and logic. And he would have picked up a vocabulary in all of his years.
(08-31-2018, 07:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 02:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: Just curious.  Trump doesn't seem particularly religious.  What does he believe?

He has all that. What he wants is adulation. He's an insecure person. He needs to have someone telling him how great he is because he knows he's not.The proof of that is how vindictive and ugly he gets if anyone says anything bad about him. Even Saturday night live for Pete's sake.
And even as much of a Dick as he is... If he was smart he would understand science and logic. And he would have picked up a vocabulary in all of his years.

I'm surprised he hasn't started a huge distraction to take the glory off McCain. He still has time.