Does anyone have G mail?
They introduced a new format. And at that time they said you could still use the classic one.

But I can't get the old one back and the f****** new one is slow as molasses.

I mean on a computer not a phone. For whatever F****** the same Gmail account I have on my phone is NOTHING like what I have on my desktop.

Sons of B &$%%)*&7  )(&6 dam _(_(*66 65 Bastard &&^*%^)*&^)^
I do... but use it on my phone and tablet. Not the same as desktop or laptop.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(09-15-2018, 04:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: They introduced a new format. And at that time they said you could still use the classic one.

I mean on a computer not a phone. For whatever F****** the same Gmail account I have on my phone is NOTHING like what I have on my desktop.

Go to settings. (the little gear thing upper right side) First choice is go back to classic.
(09-15-2018, 04:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 04:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: They introduced a new format. And at that time they said you could still use the classic one.

Go to settings. (the little gear thing upper right side) First choice is go back to classic.

What he said. I already exercised that option too.
I have gmail. I don't like that it doesn't just load right up.
(09-15-2018, 06:00 PM)Juniper Wrote: I have gmail. I don't like that it doesn't just load right up.

Mine loads correctly.
(09-15-2018, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 06:00 PM)Juniper Wrote: I have gmail. I don't like that it doesn't just load right up.

Mine loads correctly.

Oh, mine loads "correctly"  just slower than the old version.
(09-16-2018, 08:11 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Mine loads correctly.

I have noticed no change, but it's not my daily email so I only check it a few times a week. Have you checked your upload/download speeds lately? Since you moved?

Mine are high: http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JM5431DIDUCZOTU
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Mine loads correctly.

I have noticed no change, but it's not my daily email so I only check it a few times a week. Have you checked your upload/download speeds lately? Since you moved?

ha ha Laughing Laughing   Pretty geeky there.  And I would compare them to what?  But no, I'm not really having issues with gmail.  It's just a tad slower to load up than it was as the old gmail.
(09-15-2018, 04:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

EXCELLENT , that worked Big Grin
(09-16-2018, 11:21 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Mine loads correctly.

ha ha Laughing Laughing   Pretty geeky there.  And I would compare them to what?  But no, I'm not really having issues with gmail.  It's just a tad slower to load up than it was as the old gmail.

If it's slower why not go back to the classic view? I did and it's much better.
(09-16-2018, 02:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Mine loads correctly.

It's only a smidge slower.  Really just waiting for it to load.
I've been slowly migrating my email from Yahoo to Gmail. I'm okay with the speed of gmail. What bothers me is how much I've come to rely on Google. I use Google as my home page.... gmail for email... Chrome for my browser... and my cell phone has all sorts of Google stuff on it. I never appreciated the way that Microsoft invaded my world. I don't know why I'm letting Google do the same thing.  Crying
(09-16-2018, 05:14 PM)GCG Wrote: I've been slowly migrating my email from Yahoo to Gmail. I'm okay with the speed of gmail. What bothers me is how much I've come to rely on Google. I use Google as my home page.... gmail for email... Chrome for my browser... and my cell phone has all sorts of Google stuff on it. I never appreciated the way that Microsoft invaded my world. I don't know why I'm letting Google do the same thing.  Crying

Who not? Why does it matter?
(09-16-2018, 04:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 08:11 AM)Juniper Wrote: Oh, mine loads "correctly"  just slower than the old version.

I don't see any advantage to the new format so even if it took the same time to load I would go back to the classic view.
(09-16-2018, 06:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 04:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 10:05 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I have noticed no change, but it's not my daily email so I only check it a few times a week. Have you checked your upload/download speeds lately? Since you moved?

I don't see any advantage to the new format so even if it took the same time to load I would go back to the classic view.
I didn't spend a lot of time looking at but kind of wondered what the advantage was. It looked a tad bid less cluttered.
(09-16-2018, 06:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 05:14 PM)GCG Wrote: I've been slowly migrating my email from Yahoo to Gmail. I'm okay with the speed of gmail. What bothers me is how much I've come to rely on Google. I use Google as my home page.... gmail for email... Chrome for my browser... and my cell phone has all sorts of Google stuff on it. I never appreciated the way that Microsoft invaded my world. I don't know why I'm letting Google do the same thing.  Crying

My very 1st PC came with Windows 95 installed. I turned it on and saw my very 1st desktop. There was an icon on that desktop which was titled, "Get on the Internet." So I clicked it. As I went thru the process I had no way of knowing that THAT way of getting on the internet wasn't the ONLY way to get on the internet. As time went by I realized that my PC was prepackaged with the idea of making money for Microsoft in mind. Their misleading practices have made me suspicious of everyone in that world. If you remember, MS was sued for that type of horseshit time and again. They even wove Internet Explorer, (the Microsoft web browser), into the various Windows OSes in such a way that you would practically be forced to use IE as your default browser. I remember finally installing Netscape's Navigator browser. I felt that I had escaped Microsoft's prison at last. But it turned out the even my Netscape browsing was being monitored by Internet Explorer. Everywhere on the web that I had visited using Navigator was also being saved in the IE history and cookies folders. I could go on and on.... but you get the picture.
That’s why I’m a an Apple guy.
Perhaps it's slower, because it takes time to send copies to the NSA.
(09-17-2018, 04:48 AM)GCG Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 06:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:

My very 1st PC came with Windows 95 installed. I turned it on and saw my very 1st desktop. There was an icon on that desktop which was titled, "Get on the Internet." So I clicked it. As I went thru the process I had no way of knowing that THAT way of getting on the internet wasn't the ONLY way to get on the internet. As time went by I realized that my PC was prepackaged with the idea of making money for Microsoft in mind. Their misleading practices have made me suspicious of everyone in that world. If you remember, MS was sued for that type of horseshit time and again. They even wove Internet Explorer, (the Microsoft web browser), into the various Windows OSes in such a way that you would practically be forced to use IE as your default browser. I remember finally installing Netscape's Navigator browser. I felt that I had escaped Microsoft's prison at last. But it turned out the even my Netscape browsing was being monitored by Internet Explorer. Everywhere on the web that I had visited using Navigator was also being saved in the IE history and cookies folders. I could go on and on.... but you get the picture.

OK I see. I use Mozilla Firefox but yes Internet Explorer is still there I guess. Maybe you remember when my PC was running slow I finally figured out I had to  delete my files cookies history and all that stuff on IE.
It was so loaded it took two days to finish.

But still I could care less about Google being my mail and my home page and whatever.