How much do you pay for your cell phone?
(09-20-2018, 04:09 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 02:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 02:11 PM)GCG Wrote: I took my wife's phone from here to Bandon today. I was very surprised and very happy with the coverage. I had service almost everywhere... with only couple of small dead spots. Tomorrow, I'll take it down to Redding with me. If it passes that test, I'm switching my phone over.
So she's on "wing'? And are these smart phones? Do you keep the same phone ?

Yes... you keep your phone. She has an I-phone. I have a Samsung G8. They sent us Sim cards for both and walked my wife through the switch over a few days ago. I am so sick and tired of the major carriers screwing everyone... I'm really hoping that this will work out.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYLp236VmmI

A quote from the video: "Not many people know this, but you've been getting anally fisted by your phone carrier for years...."

Honestly tvguy... after reading your posts above, this guy is talking to YOU! It's worth the 7 minutes, anyway.

OH totally.. I'm getting rid of my plan with or without that video. Thanks
(09-20-2018, 04:05 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 03:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 02:11 PM)GCG Wrote: I took my wife's phone from here to Bandon today. I was very surprised and very happy with the coverage. I had service almost everywhere... with only couple of small dead spots. Tomorrow, I'll take it down to Redding with me. If it passes that test, I'm switching my phone over.

Usually if you stay along major highways and freeways the coverage is pretty good. It's when you get on the back roads and byways and small towns that it becomes an issue.

If you go down the Klamath river from I-5 you're lucky to pick up a radio station. Forget about cell service.

Being a log truck driver... I'm pretty familiar with most of the dead spots within 100 mile radius. Going down the Klamath River is certainly one of them. But hwy 42 is also dead for certain carriers. 140 is dead from about Lake Creek to Lake of the Woods. I-5 to Redding has good coverage with most major carriers but it gets very spotty in some parts of the canyon depending on your carrier. Once you leave the cities, Verizon and US Cellular are the clear winners in our area. That's why I was so surprised with Wing.

I think they use Sprint towers, but you can call and ask them for certainty.
(09-20-2018, 07:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Usually if you stay along major highways and freeways the coverage is pretty good. It's when you get on the back roads and byways and small towns that it becomes an issue.

If you go down the Klamath river from I-5 you're lucky to pick up a radio station. Forget about cell service.

Being a log truck driver... I'm pretty familiar with most of the dead spots within 100 mile radius. Going down the Klamath River is certainly one of them. But hwy 42 is also dead for certain carriers. 140 is dead from about Lake Creek to Lake of the Woods. I-5 to Redding has good coverage with most major carriers but it gets very spotty in some parts of the canyon depending on your carrier. Once you leave the cities, Verizon and US Cellular are the clear winners in our area. That's why I was so surprised with Wing.

They claim to use the same towers that the others use. At one point today my wife's signal meter said "Sprint"
(09-20-2018, 07:43 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 07:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

They claim to use the same towers that the others use. At one point today my wife's signal meter said "Sprint"

Yes I think they do use the same towers. To not would be ridiculous.

Just think if there were different poles. one for power, one for telephone, one for cable to and internet