How much do you pay for your cell phone?
My wife and I have US Cellular. WE pay $160 a month for our two phones. That's for unlimited data.

What about you?
$35/mo. for a 1G plan.

How much data do you actually use per month?
(09-19-2018, 05:05 PM)Cuzz Wrote: $35/mo. for a 1G plan.

I have no clue. Probably not much. Who is your provider? I would really like to stick with US Cellular.
I bought my phone for $18, free shipping.
I had to buy a simm card for $4

I pay $8/ month 500 minutes + $2 for keeping the simm card active plus a FED tax of $2

for an extra $2, I could double my minutes.

USmoble

https://www.usmobile.com/plans

looks like they changed their rates again.
(09-19-2018, 05:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I have no clue. Probably not much. Who is your provider? I would really like to stick with US Cellular.

I'm with US Cellular as well. But we are switching over to a new thing called Wing. My kids swear by it and my wife just switched as well. It's very inexpensive but I doubt that the coverage is great. My phone is the last one that we will switch. I'm taking my wife's phone to work with me tomorrow to make sure it works in some of the areas that I need it. 

https://www.wingalpha.com/

My wife's bill is $27 per month with 2g data. They pay you back for any unused data.
Four phones for $107. I've had this a long time, you couldn't possibly get this good of deal now.Two phones with this data plan.

6 GB High-Speed Data with Data Stash

Up to 6 GB of 4G LTE data. Smartphone Mobile HotSpot service included. Speeds reduced after 6 GB. No overage fees. Recommended for light music/video streaming or a few social media posts. Includes Binge On optimized video streaming with unlimited streaming from leading content providers. Includes Data Stash which rolls your unused on-network 4G LTE data into your Data Stash bucket up to 20GB that must be used within 12mos.

Two with this plan for the kids phones. No complaints or issues. 

Includes up to 30 MB of high-speed data on T-Mobile's network for no extra charge. Smartphone Mobile HotSpot service included. Speeds slowed after 30 MB.

I have US Cellular, because of the coverage.

You should be able to see your data usage on your phone. Mine's under tools-connections-data usage. If your using multiple devices though you might have to check each of them and get a total sum. My total was about 250MB of mobile data for the last 30 days. That doesn't include WiFi data and I didn't use Bluetooth data.
(09-19-2018, 05:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I have US Cellular, because of the coverage.

You should be able to see your data usage on your phone. Mine's under tools-connections-data usage. If your using multiple devices though you might have to check each of them and get a total sum. My total was about 250MB of mobile data for the last 30 days. That doesn't include WiFi data and I didn't use  Bluetooth data.
Cool , Thanks my data usage from Aug 21 to Sep 20 was 882 MB

It would be even less if my stupid router reached my shop and I plan on fixing that issue.

Looks to me like my wife and I are throwing away money.
(09-19-2018, 05:23 PM)GCG Wrote:

I'm with US Cellular as well. But we are switching over to a new thing called Wing. My kids swear by it and my wife just switched as well. It's very inexpensive but I doubt that the coverage is great. My phone is the last one that we will switch. I'm taking my wife's phone to work with me tomorrow to make sure it works in some of the areas that I need it. 

https://www.wingalpha.com/

My wife's bill is $27 per month with 2g data. They pay you back for any unused data.
That's interesting Smiling
(09-19-2018, 05:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: I bought my phone for $18, free shipping.
I had to buy a simm card for $4

I pay $8/ month 500 minutes + $2 for keeping the simm card active plus a FED tax of $2

for an extra $2, I could double my minutes.

USmoble

https://www.usmobile.com/plans

looks like they changed their rates again.

I HAVE to have a smart phone.

Same, only I think I have 3G.
(09-19-2018, 06:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:

It was kind of funny when I switched to a smart phone I researched available plans at US Cellular. I wanted the coverage they had as apposed to the competition in S Ore. When I went to the US Cell store they didn't know they had a 1G plan and tried to tell me their cheapest plan was 2G or something. I had to direct them to their own website.   Big Grin
We're with Verizon. We pay $106.48/mo with 2 lines, unlimited calls and texts, 8gb shared data. That monthly charge is after a 21% discount (has to do with his company... always ask about discounts!)

Hubby has to have a smart android for work. Apple phones don't support the apps he has to use for work.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(09-19-2018, 06:25 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We're with Verizon. We pay $106.48/mo with 2 lines, unlimited calls and texts, 8gb shared data. That monthly charge is after a 21% discount (has to do with his company... always ask about discounts!)

Hubby has to have a smart android for work. Apple phones don't support the apps he has to use for work.

So where I work, they took out all the landline phones except a couple in the main office and gave all the staff smart phones. My work cell phone is actually better than my personal phone.  I don't mind much.  But I hate being responsible for two phones. What a hassle, and of course, they don't typically make women's clothes with decent pockets. Such a hassle!

You pay the same as him for 3G?  You two pay 35 a month and that's it? Including everything?
(09-19-2018, 06:34 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 06:25 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We're with Verizon. We pay $106.48/mo with 2 lines, unlimited calls and texts, 8gb shared data. That monthly charge is after a 21% discount (has to do with his company... always ask about discounts!)

So where I work, they took out all the landline phones except a couple in the main office and gave all the staff smart phones. My work cell phone is actually better than my personal phone.  I don't mind much.  But I hate being responsible for two phones. What a hassle, and of course, they don't typically make women's clothes with decent pockets. Such a hassle!
When I was working my company gave me a phone and allowed to to use it for work and personal.
So I got rid of my own phone.
AT&T prepay-$65 a month or $55 w/ autopay. 22gigs hispeed and then throttles down but still works fine for my purposes.
I purchased my iPhone SE outright. 6 guts+ 12.1 megapixel camera in the 5 body. I take a lot of pictures with it I hate utilities, and especially phone and internet ones.
Signals in Ashland vary wildly from block to block and up and down the mountainside and AT&T seems the best of a sorry lot.
I use the phone for everything including tethering and listening to music so I can use up the 22 if I try hard enough .
My wife says we pay 10 bucks a month for my Tablet. I looked at it and used 833 MB in the last 8 days.

That because I have WIFI turned off because it doesn't reach my shop. And the vast majority of that is Youtube 735 MB

I have Youtube on my TV in my house. It came with ROKU and YouTube. So I need to figure out how to get YouTube on the TV in my shop.
(09-19-2018, 07:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 06:34 PM)Juniper Wrote:

When I was working my company gave me a phone and allowed to to use it for work and personal.
So I got rid of my own phone.

I actually did that for a while, but didn't feel comfortable about it and got my own.
(09-19-2018, 06:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You pay the same as him for 3G?  You two pay 35 a month and that's it? Including everything?
What's everything?