Kitchen Storage
(09-27-2018, 06:04 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 10:35 AM)bbqboy Wrote: https://www.hungryonion.org/t/where-do-y...pans/14954

I asked the question on one of my food forums.

From your link:

..."A husband, who doesn’t cook, started bitching and moaning about how his wife stores the cooking implements, and especially storing frying pans in the oven..."

Does that phrasology make you feel better about yourself?

And how to you figure the last bit? "and especially storing frying pans in the oven"

Does #5 on my list hold some special significance to you? Seems to me that I ended up acknowledging that the practice made sense in some cases... just not in mine.

And last but certainly not least, the entire list was made for the amusement of anyone,  (particularly married people), that cared to participate. That you chose to take exception and umbrage to it is more of a YOU issue than a ME issue. That said, whatever floats your boat. 

I'd venture to say most of us knew the intent of your post, but can really only really speak for myself..... Of course TVGuy hasn't checked in to argue his point yet.  Smiling
Well, for the record, if I stored things IN my oven, I'd forget and then preheat my oven and everything inside would get hot and I'd have to figure out how to get all those hot items out and where to put them while they cooled. I'd never remember. So I get how odd it seems. So, I don't do it.
(09-27-2018, 06:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 08:12 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 05:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 06:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 06:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote: We keep our three most used pans in the oven where they are conveniently inches from the top of the stove. Having a whole oven sitting empty seems a waste of space really. Especially sine we use our oven at most three or four times a year at which time the pans would be used on the stovetop anyways.
I have my Pizza Stone, Lasagna Stone and Cast Iron Skillet in the oven. If I need to use the oven, I simply set them on the counter until I'm done using the oven. No big deal.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
What's a lasagna stone?

Mine is a Pampered Chef 10x15 Lasagna Stone. It bakes with a crispiness that's delicious!  I also use it for casseroles... sometimes cornbread. But my fav way to cook cornbread is in my cast iron skillet.

[Image: 1470234e5207b2cf2796617781f1d0f4.jpg]

I've never heard of a lasagna stone. Guess that's what I learned today, although, I'm not sure 'crispy' is how I want my lasagna.
It's not like burnt crunchy... it's like a flaky crispness... the cheeses and sauce... so good!

(09-27-2018, 08:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 06:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 08:12 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 05:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 06:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I have my Pizza Stone, Lasagna Stone and Cast Iron Skillet in the oven. If I need to use the oven, I simply set them on the counter until I'm done using the oven. No big deal.

What's a lasagna stone?

Mine is a Pampered Chef 10x15 Lasagna Stone. It bakes with a crispiness that's delicious!  I also use it for casseroles... sometimes cornbread. But my fav way to cook cornbread is in my cast iron skillet.

[Image: 1470234e5207b2cf2796617781f1d0f4.jpg]

I've never heard of a lasagna stone. Guess that's what I learned today, although, I'm not sure 'crispy' is how I want my lasagna.
It's not like burnt crunchy... it's like a flaky crispness... the cheeses and sauce... so good!

Right.  Well, I didn't think you meant burnt....but I still don't think I'm in with crispy lasagna. But, I'll take your word for it. Wink
(09-27-2018, 07:00 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 10:35 AM)bbqboy Wrote: https://www.hungryonion.org/t/where-do-y...pans/14954

From your link:

..."A husband, who doesn’t cook, started bitching and moaning about how his wife stores the cooking implements, and especially storing frying pans in the oven..."

And how to you figure the last bit? "and especially storing frying pans in the oven"

Does #5 on my list hold some special significance to you? Seems to me that I ended up acknowledging that the practice made sense in some cases... just not in mine.

And last but certainly not least, the entire list was made for the amusement of anyone,  (particularly married people), that cared to participate. That you chose to take exception and umbrage to it is more of a YOU issue than a ME issue. That said, whatever floats your boat. 

I'd venture to say most of us knew the intent of your post, but can really only really speak for myself..... Of course TVGuy hasn't checked in to argue his point yet.  Smiling

I think BBQ's post must have came with some baggage from the past about GCG.

It was all obviously humor and I didn't see any bitching and moaning or think GCG was a wanna be dictator.
(09-27-2018, 07:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, for the record, if I stored things IN my oven, I'd forget and then preheat my oven and everything inside would get hot and I'd have to figure out how to get all those hot items out and where to put them while they cooled. I'd never remember.  So I get how odd it seems. So, I don't do it.

We used to have a double oven. My wife preheated the top oven not realizing there was one those shallow aluminum baking pans inside.
When she opened the oven she saw it and grabbed the pot holders.What she didn't see was the grease that had melted in the pan and was now clear.
When she pulled the pan out the hot grease spilled out all over her chest and breasts. So it was off to the emergency room.
She had a ton of pain and first and second degree burns but she healed nicely with no scars.
We were told this was not uncommon with top ovens.

BTW our oven has a place on the bottom for storing pans. It's full of glass baking dishes and all our pots and pans hang over the sink on the pot rack.
Since this thread is about women doing what we men think is wrong or crazy. Razz

Here's one. When my wife asks a question she always asks in a way that can't be answered with a yes or no.

For instance do you want me to close the door?........ or leave it open?

Do you want the light on? or off?

Did you close the gate?..... or not?

Should I turn of the AC? or leave it running?

It doesn't really bother me but I still tease her anyway and say OK Mrs. two questions askerer Razz
(09-27-2018, 09:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

From your link:

It was all obviously humor and I didn't see any bitching and moaning or think GCG was a wanna be dictator.
BBQ's animosity towards me goes way back. I believe that the record would show that almost all, (if not all), of our disagreements have stemmed from him throwing a snarky verbal harpoon at me and my either ignoring him or telling him to fuck off. I also believe that the record would show that most of his disagreements with others here have began the same way. I view him as a mean-spirited little pissant and I have trouble understanding how anyone, regardless of their viewpoint, can respect his forum tactics. 

After my long sabbatical, it appeared that bbqboy was content to lay low and mind his business as far as interacting with me was concerned. However, lately, he has taken it upon himself to stir the pot once again. Most recently with this little gem: 

You’re paying to throw away stuff worth money. That’s not outrage, more pity, I’d surmise. You could give it to charity and do some good instead of being a trumpster.

What’s the joy in being an asshole?
I don’t get it."

So, once again, he can fuck off.
(09-27-2018, 10:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: Since this thread is about women doing what we men think is wrong or crazy. Razz

Here's one. When my wife asks a question she always asks in a way that can't be answered with a yes or no.

For instance do you want me to close the door?........ or leave it open?

Do you want the light on? or off?

Did you close the gate?..... or not?

Should I turn of the AC? or leave it running?

It doesn't really bother me but I still tease her anyway and say OK Mrs. two questions askerer Razz

My wife likes to answer my questions with answers to other, (unasked), questions. 

Me: "What time do you want us to leave for the market?" 
Her: "Well, right now I'm watching my show." 
Me: "What are doing right now?"
Her: "I just told you, I'm watching my show!"
Me: "I know but that was your answer when I asked what time you wanted to go, so I figured.... nevermind"
Her: "<evil glare>"
(09-28-2018, 06:48 AM)GCG Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 09:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

From your link:

BBQ's animosity towards me goes way back. I believe that the record would show that almost all, (if not all), of our disagreements have stemmed from him throwing a snarky verbal harpoon at me and my either ignoring him or telling him to fuck off. I also believe that the record would show that most of his disagreements with others here have began the same way. I view him as a mean-spirited little pissant and I have trouble understanding how anyone, regardless of their viewpoint, can respect his forum tactics. 

After my long sabbatical, it appeared that bbqboy was content to lay low and mind his business as far as interacting with me was concerned. However, lately, he has taken it upon himself to stir the pot once again. Most recently with this little gem: 

You’re paying to throw away stuff worth money. That’s not outrage, more pity, I’d surmise. You could give it to charity and do some good instead of being a trumpster.

What’s the joy in being an asshole?
I don’t get it."

So, once again, he can fuck off.
And commendable. Big Grin
(09-27-2018, 09:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2018, 07:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, for the record, if I stored things IN my oven, I'd forget and then preheat my oven and everything inside would get hot and I'd have to figure out how to get all those hot items out and where to put them while they cooled. I'd never remember.  So I get how odd it seems. So, I don't do it.

We used to have a double oven. My wife preheated the top oven not realizing there was one those shallow aluminum baking pans inside.
When she opened the oven she saw it and grabbed the pot holders.What she didn't see was the grease that had melted in the pan and was now clear.
When she pulled the pan out the hot grease spilled out all over her chest and breasts. So it was off to the emergency room.
She had a ton of pain and first and second degree burns but she healed nicely with no scars.
We were told this was not uncommon with top ovens.

BTW our oven has a place on the bottom for storing pans. It's full of glass baking dishes and all our pots and pans hang over the sink on the pot rack.

Yep, I use that drawer for big pans like  pizza pans, cookie trays, roasting pans.  Although, when I moved, I did a mass clean out and purge and have a lot fewer items now. In fact, all I have is one big tray.