Kitchen Storage
My wife and I sometimes disagree on things. Who'd a thunk it? As I look around our kitchen, I can quickly spot everything that she does wrong. But because I am not an idiot, I will list them here rather than make her aware of her mistakes.

1) Coffee cups should be stowed near the coffee pot. They are not.
2) Dish rags should be in a drawer near the sink. Ours are not.
3) Cutting boards, which we use daily, should be easy to get to. They are stowed behind a heavy iron pot that we never use. This one I can let slide because the pot keeps the cutting boards from sliding.
4) Our Kitchen Aid mixer, (Xmas present from me), which she uses twice a year, is taking up valuable real estate on our counter.
5) Frying pans are stored in the oven???? WTF is up with this?
6) New ketchup and other canned goods are on an upper shelf. New mayo, mustard and/or peanut butter are on a lower remote shelf.
7) Syrup is up.... Honey is down.
8) Brown sugar is not kept anywhere near the powdered sugar which is not kept anywhere the granulated or the brown.
9) Oven mitts and pot holders... not near the oven or stove.

There is only one argument that she can make. She does all of the cooking, cleaning, shopping and putting away of stuff. 

But it's still messed up.
(09-22-2018, 10:07 AM)GCG Wrote: My wife and I sometimes disagree on things. Who'd a thunk it? As I look around our kitchen, I can quickly spot everything that she does wrong. But because I am not an idiot, I will list them here rather than make her aware of her mistakes.

3) Cutting boards, which we use daily, should be easy to get to. They are stowed behind a heavy iron pot that we never use. This one I can let slide because the pot keeps the cutting boards from sliding.
4) Our Kitchen Aid mixer, (Xmas present from me), which she uses twice a year, is taking up valuable real estate on our counter.
6) New ketchup and other canned goods are on an upper shelf. New mayo, mustard and/or peanut butter are on a lower remote shelf.
8) Brown sugar is not kept anywhere near the powdered sugar which is not kept anywhere the granulated or the brown.

There is only one argument that she can make. She does all of the cooking, cleaning, shopping and putting away of stuff. 

Being in a new house I'm trying to be more aware of where things go.  Sometimes the kitchen arrangement doesn't make sense.  But I'm trying.  My one thing I haven't gotten down is that the sugar for the tea and coffee is not wear the coffee/tea station is.  It's over where all the stuff is in jars on the counter in the corner. The sugars ARE together however!!
(09-22-2018, 10:07 AM)GCG Wrote: My wife and I sometimes disagree on things. Who'd a thunk it? As I look around our kitchen, I can quickly spot everything that she does wrong. But because I am not an idiot, I will list them here rather than make her aware of her mistakes.

Should have married my wife, she has this ALL down. One thing I can't figure out is how after quadrupling kitchen counter and cupboard size from our previous place, after ONE year we're finding we need more.  Twitch
(09-22-2018, 11:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Should have married my wife, she has this ALL down. One thing I can't figure out is how after quadrupling kitchen counter and cupboard size from our previous place, after ONE year we're finding we need more.  Twitch

I've been informed.... horizontal space wants to be filled.   Eyebrows

LOL I totally get it. We have soap in a little soap dish my the kitchen sink. It's a double sink and we have a rule that the right hand side must remain empty and any dirty dishes go in the left.
But she keeps the soap&dish on the left side of the double sink?? WTF? I move it to the right and the next time I wash my hands.............It's back on the left.. Women Rolling Eyes

Same here. And sometimes when the kitchen is a mess I will do all the dished and pans and put them all away.
I mean an hours work or so.
And then when she goes to the kitchen she complains because I put things in the wrong place. So spends less than 5 minutes ( probably two)putting things where they go  and then complains. Never mind I saved her 55 min of work. Rolling Eyes
(09-22-2018, 11:56 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

You said it! If there is any stackable space... put something there. Our kitchen counters are proof of that. For the longest time we had this giant spice rack thing that spun around. It had about 25-30 jars on it... ALL EMPTY! Our spices are in a cabinet, (no, none of our sugars are in with the spices). We finally got rid of the "spice rack" to make room for the mixer.
(09-22-2018, 04:05 PM)GCG Wrote:

You said it! If there is any stackable space... put something there. Our kitchen counters are proof of that. For the longest time we had this giant spice rack thing that spun around. It had about 25-30 jars on it... ALL EMPTY! Our spices are in a cabinet, (no, none of our sugars are in with the spices). We finally got rid of the "spice rack" to make room for the mixer.

It's like Field of dreams. If you build it, you will fill it.
We have three bedrooms. One is my wife's office. Other than her chair and computer and a futon the dog sleeps on it's full to the max.
The other has all my clothes and a dresser and it's so full to walk in is an obstacle course.

I have three travel trailers two are full of stuff I need to sell. The other I bought to sell.
And my two story shop FULL.
By my tools I built a bench that for working on things. I made it so it folded down when not in use. It's never been folded down since I built it because it's a catch all.
(09-22-2018, 04:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

We have three bedrooms. One is my wife's office. Other than her chair and computer and a futon the dog sleeps on it's full to the max.
The other has all my clothes and a dresser and it's so full to walk in is an obstacle course.

I have three travel trailers two are full of stuff I need to sell. The other I bought to sell.
By my tools I built a bench that for working on things. I made it so it folded down when not in use. It's never been folded down since I built it because it's a catch all.

Maybe you should have a yard sale!  Eyebrows
(09-22-2018, 05:21 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 11:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Should have married my wife, she has this ALL down. One thing I can't figure out is how after quadrupling kitchen counter and cupboard size from our previous place, after ONE year we're finding we need more.  Twitch

Or maybe even a Stuff in the Yard Sale.   Laughing
(09-22-2018, 05:21 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 11:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Should have married my wife, she has this ALL down. One thing I can't figure out is how after quadrupling kitchen counter and cupboard size from our previous place, after ONE year we're finding we need more.  Twitch

I should yes. But most of it is not yard sale stuff. Rarely do you get what an item is worth at a yard sale. I always do yard sales for things I can't ebay or Craigslist.

I have a ton of fishing stuff many antiques, reels rods lures. I have several antique boat motors and chainsaws that one trailer is full of. One bedroom in my house if full of guitars. I have about 25.
But yes I need to sell a LOT of things
So GCG, it seems a vital question was neglected.
Do YOU cook or just eat what she makes?
(09-23-2018, 08:09 AM)bbqboy Wrote: So GCG, it seems a vital question was neglected.
Do YOU cook or just eat what she makes?

I seldom cook. I always eat what she makes. 

For the record, from the OP:

"There is only one argument that she can make. She does all of the cooking, cleaning, shopping and putting away of stuff."

My role is to observe and complain. We are both very good at our respective duties.
"For the record, from the OP:

"There is only one argument that she can make. She does all of the cooking, cleaning, shopping and putting away of stuff."

My role is to observe and complain. We are both very good at our respective duties."

Sounds like my house. If my husband has to cook... he either BBQ's or orders Pizza. But he's really good about eating anything I cook.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(09-23-2018, 09:27 AM)Scrapper Wrote: "For the record, from the OP:

My role is to observe and complain. We are both very good at our respective duties."

Sounds like my house. If my husband has to cook... he either BBQ's or orders Pizza. But he's really good about eating anything I cook.

But is he commander of the kitchen, dictating where everything goes?
As someone who cooked so we wouldn’t have to eat ex’s cooking,
I ran the kitchen and everything went where I needed it to be. Even the kids would kick her out of the kitchen.
(09-23-2018, 12:32 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

I ran the kitchen and everything went where I needed it to be. Even the kids would kick her out of the kitchen.

Laughing    My mom was a terrible cook mostly, but my dad was much worse!

Come to think of it, my mom probably seemed like a bad cook because she cooked the way my dad liked it.   Sad  aach!
(09-23-2018, 12:32 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

Ha! Nope... doesn't care one iota about the kitchen. Now, the garage? Whole different story!

I want a thing in the kitchen that you mount on the wall so you can pull out and tear off Saran wrap.
My wife says there is no such thing.There sure as hell should be.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/3638064761...175636312d
(09-23-2018, 02:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: I want a thing in the kitchen that you mount on the wall so you can pull out and tear off Saran wrap.

Try Cash n Carry. They cary a lot of restaurant grade supplies. I think I've seen something similar to what you are describing. 

Also...

http://www.bookofjoe.com/2008/08/saran-wrap-disp.html
(09-23-2018, 03:05 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 02:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: I want a thing in the kitchen that you mount on the wall so you can pull out and tear off Saran wrap.

Try Cash n Carry. They cary a lot of restaurant grade supplies. I think I've seen something similar to what you are describing. 

Also...

http://www.bookofjoe.com/2008/08/saran-wrap-disp.html

That looks pretty cool, but I think the plastic wrap is easier to use on the counter. We use this from Cash and Carry. I recommend the 18" wide because it will cover larger plates, bowls and bigger cuts of meat. One more thing for your countertop.  Big Grin My wife covered the box with a decorative wallpaper type material that goes well with the overall look of the kitchen. When you need a new one you just replace the roll.   

[Image: REY914SC-900x900.JPG]