Local News
(01-03-2019, 08:01 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Looks like channel 12 swept their news room again. New faces on the desk and old faces not to be found.

That's because I quit watching 12. I'm apparently a bad person because I would rather see someone attractive or at the least healthy and not over weight than otherwise.
(01-03-2019, 08:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 08:01 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Looks like channel 12 swept their news room again. New faces on the desk and old faces not to be found.

That's because I quit watching 12. I'm apparently a bad person because I would rather see someone attractive or at the least healthy and not over weight than otherwise.

You did that??   Laughing
(01-03-2019, 08:51 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

You did that??   Laughing

They all got new, better paying jobs for the new year.

I think they are just taking vacations. They are both still listed on the Chan. 12 website and links to active social media. Probably part of a plan to give the new hires some seat time.

I quit watching channel 12 some months ago, I'm back to Chan 10. They lost me for good when they started their yearly pounding of the coats for kids campaign, a noble cause indeed, but they devote far too much air time to it for months on end. I think they need the filler time for their "hour" long newscasts. My list of annoyances is long, the least of which is how they disguise their newscast as an hour, but it is so commercial laden and filler full that they provide no additional content over what the other news teams do in 30mins.

Perhaps my post belongs over in my rant thread  Laughing Razz
(01-04-2019, 08:59 AM)GPnative Wrote:

I quit watching channel 12 some months ago, I'm back to Chan 10. They lost me for good when they started their yearly pounding of the coats for kids campaign, a noble cause indeed, but they devote far too much air time to it for months on end. I think they need the filler time for their "hour" long newscasts. My list of annoyances is long, the least of which is how they disguise their newscast as an hour, but it is so commercial laden and filler full that they provide no additional content over what the other news teams do in 30mins.

Some days this whole forum is one big rant. I say leave it here.   Wink

Is it only 12 that does stupid stories from out of state local news like cats up in trees, or kids selling lemonade? I mean, it's one thing to  hear about that from a local level, but why out of state?  It's not even just human interest stuff, sometimes it's about a car wreck or a bank robbery but it's somewhere in bum f*ck nowhere and I don't care-where.
(01-04-2019, 11:08 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Is it only 12 that does stupid stories from out of state local news like cats up in trees, or kids selling lemonade? I mean, it's one thing to  hear about that from a local level, but why out of state?  It's not even just human interest stuff, sometimes it's about a car wreck or a bank robbery but it's somewhere in bum f*ck nowhere and I don't care-where.

I think chan. 5 does more of that than 12, but 12 certainly does a lot of it to fill their hour long time slot.

None of what you mention bothers me because whatever news I watch is all recorded.
Also I had no clue channel 12 had an hour of local news Razz I think the second half is all the same shit all over again. No wonder it pisses you off LOL.

Most of the time when I watch the news I have already seen a lot of it either in the newspaper or on FB.The Fast forward on my remote is very well used.
(01-04-2019, 11:08 AM)Juniper Wrote:

What you describe is when I look at may wife and say.. "do you care" and she says "no". and then I fast forward to the next part. Razz
I still watch ABC national news with David Muir. It's horrible LOL but nothing else seems to be any better.
For one thing it's totally biased to the left.
And the most maddening thing is every day several stories are an almost identical repeat of the day before Blink
It's so bad  more than once I had to click on my play list to see if I'm accidentally watching the show I recorded the day before.
They even repeat the scenes over and over during the same half hour.
(01-04-2019, 02:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:

None of what you mention bothers me because whatever news I watch is all recorded.
Also I had no clue channel 12 had an hour of local news Razz I think the second half is all the same shit all over again. No wonder it pisses you off LOL.

Most of the time when I watch the news I have already seen a lot of it either in the newspaper or on FB.The Fast forward on my remote is very well used.

The local news is the ONE thing I actually still watch live, I don't know why, I guess I feel as though if I were to record it, I would either end up not watching it or even if watching only slightly delayed, I'd convince myself eh, why bother now, it's old news! Laughing Razz Wink
(01-04-2019, 02:53 PM)GPnative Wrote:

The local news is the ONE thing I actually still watch live, I don't know why, I guess I feel as though if I were to record it, I would either end up not watching it or even if watching only slightly delayed, I'd convince myself eh, why bother now, it's old news! Laughing Razz Wink

I hardly watch TV...thinking of recording, especially the news is kind of weird. I do record a few bits and bobs but not much.
(01-04-2019, 02:53 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Well you must have a routine you are not willing to break. Smiling
The news led with the story that a Gold Hill woman saw lightening this morning!
(09-05-2019, 05:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: The news led with the story that a Gold Hill woman saw lightening this morning!

Well it's big news on FB also Blink  12 10 or 5?

It's on the news 10 today at 5 PM  they are showing pics and videos of lightning people sent in.. INCREDIBLE!!!!!... not
(09-05-2019, 05:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 05:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: The news led with the story that a Gold Hill woman saw lightening this morning!

Well it's big news on FB also Blink  12 10 or 5?

It's on the news 10 today at 5 PM  they are showing pics and videos of lightning people sent in.. INCREDIBLE!!!!!... not

Honestly I haven't seen a lot of FB posts...a few.  I think it's funny to lead the 5:00 o'clock news with it.  I mean, the storm, yes, but this random woman...saw lightening.  She's on the news.

No shit.   Razz 

Well, I heard thunder all night too!
(09-05-2019, 06:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

No shit.   Razz 

Well, has the news come out to interview you too?
(09-05-2019, 08:16 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 06:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

No shit.   Razz 

Well, has the news come out to interview you too?

No.   Neutral 

I think I'm OK with that though.   Razz