I bought some Flintlock guns
Does anyone give a shit? I'm not I'm not going to waste my time like the last thread I started that got zero replies.

As far as that goes. I often wonder why I look at this site at all.
(10-05-2018, 04:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: Does anyone give a shit? I'm not I'm not going to waste my time like the last thread I started that got zero replies.

As to the 1st question... no I don't give a shit.

Also, you like to check in here on the odd chance that I posted something and you couldn't stand missing it.  Cool

Now I have to go and find the other thread that you started and not reply to it.
Did you get to fire any off yet? Reminds me of the Chumlee episode on Pawn Stars.
Im not a flintlock fan, but i would shoot one given the chance.
(10-05-2018, 05:25 PM)GCG Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 04:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: Does anyone give a shit? I'm not I'm not going to waste my time like the last thread I started that got zero replies.

As to the 1st question... no I don't give a shit.

Also, you like to check in here on the odd chance that I posted something and you couldn't stand missing it.  Cool

Now I have to go and find the other thread that you started and not reply to it.
As far as not giving a s*** that's okay too bad but that's okay. On the second part exactly that's what I do I look to see if anything here is worth looking at
(10-05-2018, 06:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Did you get to fire any off yet? Reminds me of the Chumlee episode on Pawn Stars.

I remember that but I think they were shooting percussion caps muzzleloaders instead of flintlocks. The guns I have are actually older than when percussion caps came out which was 1820
(10-05-2018, 07:08 PM)GPnative Wrote: Im  not a flintlock fan, but i would shoot one given the chance.

Me too but mine are not in that good of condition
(10-05-2018, 07:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 07:08 PM)GPnative Wrote: Im  not a flintlock fan, but i would shoot one given the chance.

Well, It would be a nice accessory if you dress up like Meriwether Lewis for Halloween. Razz
Well, I feel that way often here. But flintlocks sound cool. I know nothing about guns.

A buddy of mine built a replica of an old flint lock rifle. We took it out and shot it one day. Goggles, ear protection, the works. Very accurate... and a total PITA. This scene from Last Man Standing sums it up:

Then what's the point? Long skinny paper weight?   Razz
(10-06-2018, 07:17 AM)GCG Wrote:

A buddy of mine built a replica of an old flint lock rifle. We took it out and shot it one day. Goggles, ear protection, the works. Very accurate... and a total PITA. This scene from Last Man Standing sums it up:

That's not a flintlock it's a percussion cap. Was your buddies a flintlock? I'm pretty sure a flintlock is even more of a PITA.
(10-06-2018, 08:18 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Then what's the point? Long skinny paper weight?   Razz
 Well  I bought an Arabian rifle with a British lock that was appraised at $300 and two British pistols appraised at $800 to 1200 each. Plus some extra parts that could bring $500.
I paid $300 for all of it. That's the point Big Grin
(10-06-2018, 01:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That's not a flintlock it's a percussion cap. Was your buddies a flintlock? I'm pretty sure a flintlock is even more of a PITA.

I'm not sure. You pull the trigger and about 1/2 second later it flashes and fires in a puff of smoke.
(10-06-2018, 02:47 PM)GCG Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 01:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm not sure. You pull the trigger and about 1/2 second later it flashes and fires in a puff of smoke.
That sounds like a flintlock. Just think if you were trying to shoot someone. They would have plenty of time to jump out of the way Laughing