MFR
I am the only frequent flyer here at RVF? At this moment I am sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to LAX. So far it is scheduled to leave a little over an hour late. 

Alaska is the main carrier here and it doesn't even fly nonstop to LAX anymore. I've heard that they will resume one day soon. I hope so.

So for the past year or so I've been flying American. They've been pretty good but I had to drive home last time because they couldn't land in the smoke. I tried Allegiant, 3 times, never EVER again. I can't tell you how much they suck. I wouldn't book a trip with them if the flight was free.

American lands at a remote terminal at LAX and then you have to ride a bus to the main terminal. It funny because they fly out the same way and sometimes you have to take a bus to the remote terminal and another bus to the tarmac to board the plane. Then they board by airplane seat number but you just get on a bus and that takes you to the plane anyway. What a joke.

United also flies direct to LAX. I'm brave but not brave enough to fly the friendly skies.
Flew United to Vegas a few years ago. Stayed a week. When it was time to fly home they had mechanical issues and we spent 2 full days at the airport waiting for a flight (they put all of us up in motels 2 nights) then finally flew us to San Fran with an 8 hour layover, and then to Portland (with a 3 hour layover) and then to Eugene. We got home 3 1/2 days late. We will NEVER AGAIN fly United.

Son and hubby are flying Alaska out of PDX to Dallas next month to catch a Cowboys game. We've always had pretty good luck with Alaska.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I haven’t flown since pre 9/11. No reason to get anywhere that fast anymore.
I wish we had bullet trains. Or trains at all in the RV.
Me, fly much...nope. Been over 13 years since I last boarded a plane.

However, we have friends that fly in from back east once a year, their journey is never without incident. Between delays, cancellations, etc. We have even had to pick them up in Eugene before because that was the only alternative to get them here in a decent amount of time. I keep figuring at some point they will say to hell with it and stop coming because of the hassles.
(10-07-2018, 05:25 PM)GCG Wrote: I am the only frequent flyer here at RVF? At this moment I am sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to LAX. So far it is scheduled to leave a little over an hour late. 

Alaska is the main carrier here and it doesn't even fly nonstop to LAX anymore. I've heard that they will resume one day soon. I hope so.

So for the past year or so I've been flying American. They've been pretty good but I had to drive home last time because they couldn't land in the smoke. I tried Allegiant, 3 times, never EVER again. I can't tell you how much they suck. I wouldn't book a trip with them if the flight was free.

American lands at a remote terminal at LAX and then you have to ride a bus to the main terminal. It funny because they fly out the same way and sometimes you have to take a bus to the remote terminal and another bus to the tarmac to board the plane. Then they board by airplane seat number but you just get on a bus and that takes you to the plane anyway. What a joke.

United also flies direct to LAX. I'm brave but not brave enough to fly the friendly skies.
  Why do you fly so much? Are you just visiting relatives.
(10-08-2018, 06:14 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I haven’t flown since pre 9/11. No reason to get anywhere that fast anymore.
I wish we had bullet trains. Or trains at all in the RV.

Sometimes when you figure the gas you spend driving, motels and eating at restaurants it doesn't even save money to drive.

I haven't flown anywhere since the army when I came back from Germany. Razz
(10-08-2018, 01:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 05:25 PM)GCG Wrote: I am the only frequent flyer here at RVF? At this moment I am sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to LAX. So far it is scheduled to leave a little over an hour late. 

A death in the family plus my folks getting older and needing help with their affairs. I've been going down every 2-3 weeks.
(10-08-2018, 02:25 PM)GCG Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 01:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

A death in the family plus my folks getting older and needing help with their affairs. I've been going down every 2-3 weeks.
Oh wow, that is a lot of flying. You should just buy a plane. I'll keep an eye peeled on CL
Sky King! Songbird to Penny