I actually agree with Trump
(10-24-2018, 01:38 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: It is insane to continue calling it a "Caravan". If they try to force their way in, it is an invasion force and will need to be treated as such.  I find that result very distasteful, but what else is a sovereign nation to do?

Well it is exactly a caravan at this point.You think it's insane to call them that based on what they might do later? If we let them in we set a precedent and from then on there will be millions if not tens of millions to follow.
(10-24-2018, 01:38 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: It is insane to continue calling it a "Caravan". If they try to force their way in, it is an invasion force and will need to be treated as such.  I find that result very distasteful, but what else is a sovereign nation to do?

Hell yeah! Machine gun 'em all, women and children too! That what you had in mind?

I think a whole lot of folks are getting just a bit ahead of themselves. Maybe we should just follow the law?
(10-24-2018, 02:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Hell yeah! Machine gun 'em all, women and children too! That what you had in mind?

I think a whole lot of folks are getting just a bit ahead of themselves. Maybe we should just follow the law?
To be fair SD didn't say anything about using weapons.

What law is there that says the USA HAS to allow Central Americans in to our country? What if they breached our border and marched across the USA to Canada. Do you think Canada would allow them in?
(10-24-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What law is there that says the USA HAS to allow Central Americans in to our country? What if they breached our border and marched across the USA to Canada. Do you think Canada would allow them in?

He said treat them like an invasion force. How did you take that to mean? Besides, I did ask if that was what he meant. He's still free to answer for himself, if he will.

I don't even know where that last part came from.
You can certainly hold them at the border without firing bullets. Tear gas, bean bags, stink bombs, industrial size glue traps.

Are you insinuating shoot them down when they cross? Distasteful? WOW! You need to re-evaluate calling yourself a Christian. A caravan is exactly what normal people would call it and YOU are the insane one if you think it's an "invasion force." My God SD MOST of them are women and children! Oh I forgot, they're BROWN and therefore not REALLY like us Americans. 

caravan

[kar-uh-van]

noun
  1. a group of travelers, as merchants or pilgrims, journeying together for safety in passing through deserts, hostile territory, etc.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion][/url]Invasion - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion

Invasion over land is the straightforward entry of armed forces into an area using existing land connections, usually crossing borders or otherwise defined zones, such as a demilitarized zone, overwhelming defensive emplacements and structures.
(10-24-2018, 02:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

He said treat them like an invasion force. How did you take that to mean? Besides, I did ask if that was what he meant. He's still free to answer for himself, if he will.

He said treat them like an invasion force. How did you take that to mean?

Simple, don't let them come in. They are unarmed. There is no fucking way in hell we would ever shoot at them. Your comment implying SD was thinking Machine gun 'em all, women and children too  was way over the top.

last part? where I said what law?
(10-24-2018, 03:18 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Are you insinuating shoot them down when they cross? Distasteful? WOW! You need to re-evaluate calling yourself a Christian. A caravan is exactly what normal people would call it and YOU are the insane one if you think it's an "invasion force." My God SD MOST of them are women and children! Oh I forgot, they're BROWN and therefore not REALLY like us Americans. 

caravan

[kar-uh-van]

noun
  1. a group of travelers, as merchants or pilgrims, journeying together for safety in passing through deserts, hostile territory, etc.

[/url]Invasion - Wikipedia

Invasion over land is the straightforward entry of armed forces into an area using existing land connections, usually crossing borders or otherwise defined zones, such as a demilitarized zone, overwhelming defensive emplacements and structures.

You sure as hell are tossing out a straw man argument. You are putting words in to SD's mouth.

I don't care what definition you found for invasion force. But what these people did to Mexico border definitely sounds like an invasion to me.
And implying he wants to shoot men women and children is another strawman argument

And then you cherry pic the definition of invasion that YOU want.

how about these two? I cherry picked the two out of three that didn't say "armed force"

[url=https://www.reddit.com/submit?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.cambridge.org%2Fdictionary%2Fenglish%2Finvasion&title=INVASION+%7C+meaning+in+the+Cambridge+English+Dictionary]  Invasion

C2 an occasion when a large number of people or things come to a place in an annoying and unwanted way:
the annual invasion of foreign tourists

C2 an action or process that affects someone's life in an unpleasant and unwanted way:
an invasion of privacy
(10-24-2018, 03:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:

caravan

[kar-uh-van]

noun

[/url]Invasion - Wikipedia

You sure as hell are tossing out a straw man argument. You are putting words in to SD's mouth.

I don't care what definition you found for invasion force. But what these people did to Mexico border definitely sounds like an invasion to me.
And implying he wants to shoot men women and children is another strawman argument

And then you cherry pic the definition of invasion that YOU want.

how about these two? I cherry picked the two out of three that didn't say "armed force"

[url=https://www.reddit.com/submit?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.cambridge.org%2Fdictionary%2Fenglish%2Finvasion&title=INVASION+%7C+meaning+in+the+Cambridge+English+Dictionary]  Invasion

C2 an occasion when a large number of people or things come to a place in an annoying and unwanted way:
the annual invasion of foreign tourists

C2 an action or process that affects someone's life in an unpleasant and unwanted way:
an invasion of privacy

I Cherry Picked because he included the word Force and I didn't see a definition in the dictionary for Invasion Force only invasion. I understand there can be an invasion of ants in my house, but there's not an invasion force of ants now is there?
(10-24-2018, 03:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Simple, don't let them come in. They are unarmed. There is no fucking way in hell we would ever shoot at them. Your comment implying SD was thinking Machine gun 'em all, women and children too  was way over the top.
It was a question. Period. He was the one that said invasion force as in ... force. Not an intrusion of, not an encroachment of, not an entrance (legal or otherwise) by a force, not a group or a crowd  or a herd. As WOnky once said (I think) words have meanings. I just go by the most common meanings.

Yes. I said maybe we should just follow the law. Whatever it is. You're the one that went off on a tangent.

Sometimes I think you just want to argue .... about anything.   Laughing
(10-24-2018, 05:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 02:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Hell yeah! Machine gun 'em all, women and children too! That what you had in mind?

It was a question. Period. He was the one that said invasion force as in ... force. Not an intrusion of, not an encroachment of, not an entrance (legal or otherwise) by a force, not a group or a crowd  or a herd. As WOnky once said (I think) words have meanings. I just go by the most common meanings.

Yes. I said maybe we should just follow the law. Whatever it is. You're the one that went off on a tangent.

Welcome to the RVF. Cuzz, meet tvguy.... tvguy this here is Cuzz. Carry on.
(10-24-2018, 05:32 PM)GCG Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 05:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: To be fair SD didn't say anything about using weapons.

Welcome to the RVF. Cuzz, meet tvguy.... tvguy this here is Cuzz. Carry on.

Laughing Laughing

caravan

[kar-uh-van]

noun

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion][/url]Invasion - Wikipedia

Are you watching the actual footage of this group?  90% are men aged 20-35.

Read it.  "IF THEY TRY TO FORCE THEIR WAY IN"  it is an invasion.  Can you tell me the actual reason for a Federal Military?  TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS seems to be the number 1 reason they exist.  What is wrong with you?  Do you not see the truth?
(10-24-2018, 06:59 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Read it.  "IF THEY TRY TO FORCE THEIR WAY IN"  it is an invasion.  Can you tell me the actual reason for a Federal Military?  TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS seems to be the number 1 reason they exist.  What is wrong with you?  Do you not see the truth?

Calm down. The world won't end no matter what happens when/if they reach the boarder. Remember when the last group tried a similar thing?
(10-24-2018, 07:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 02:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Hell yeah! Machine gun 'em all, women and children too! That what you had in mind?

Calm down. The world won't end no matter what happens when/if they reach the boarder. Remember when the last group tried a similar thing?

LOL.  Now YOU say calm down, after you accuse me of wanting to machine gun people down.  Maybe it is YOU who should have not said such a vile thing.  Maybe you should calm down and READ.
(10-24-2018, 06:55 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Are you watching the actual footage of this group?  90% are men aged 20-35.

I think your numbers are way off. Are there more men? Yes for a number of different reasons both physical and cultural, but not as an invasion force that you'll feel good about killing.
(10-24-2018, 07:56 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 06:55 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Are you watching the actual footage of this group?  90% are men aged 20-35.

I think your numbers are way off. Are there more men? Yes for a number of different reasons both physical and cultural, but not as an invasion force that you'll feel good about killing.

You are so sick to accuse me of that.  I have no time to feed your obsession, but read the rest of the things I have said.  If they FORCE their way in, it is an invasion.  To cal it anything else is delusion.
(10-24-2018, 07:40 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 07:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: To be fair SD didn't say anything about using weapons.

LOL.  Now YOU say calm down, after you accuse me of wanting to machine gun people down.  Maybe it is YOU who should have not said such a vile thing.  Maybe you should calm down and READ.

You chose your own words. I just asked a question. And so far you've danced around answering the question. Are you advocating the use of military force and lethal actions against them? Or not?

Personally I would not go that far.
(10-24-2018, 08:02 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 07:56 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

You are so sick to accuse me of that.  I have no time to feed your obsession, but read the rest of the things I have said.  If they FORCE their way in, it is an invasion.  To cal it anything else is delusion.

I have read what you said. Stop dancing around the fact that you think unarmed men, women and children should be shot down at our border. FOR ANY REASON.