I actually agree with Trump
(01-10-2019, 11:25 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:32 PM)Cuzz Wrote: This is strange. I thought trump was supposed to be some ube-negotiator. I'm not seeing any negotiating skill what-so-ever. He seems more like an extortionist now. If he doesn't get what he wants he's going to hurt people and that's all he's doing.

Unfortunately I don't see any change coming  now that he's backed himself into a corner on national TV.

How do you negotiate when the other party says no?

Shutdown showdown: Pelosi says 'no,' Trump says 'bye-bye'

By Jonathan Allen
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump abruptly walked out of a closed-door meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday in the White House Situation Room after Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said she wouldn't fund his border wall even if he ended the government shutdown.

"She said 'No,'" Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said, adding that Trump slammed the table. "He said, 'Then we have nothing to discuss' ...He just walked out of the meeting.".....
(From NBC News)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You definitely DON'T do it by running away. He's no negotiator, he's an extortionist.
(01-10-2019, 08:25 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:32 PM)Cuzz Wrote: This is strange. I thought trump was supposed to be some ube-negotiator. I'm not seeing any negotiating skill what-so-ever. He seems more like an extortionist now. If he doesn't get what he wants he's going to hurt people and that's all he's doing.

Unfortunately I don't see any change coming  now that he's backed himself into a corner on national TV.

How can he negotiate when Pelosi says they won't give "one dollar" ?

A lot of people are hurting because of HIS shutdown. And as Taxpayers we are all losing money every day.
He wants to  make people believe it's the dems causing this. I doubt many are fooled other than trump ass kissers.
I think he will cave because the longer this goes on the more people are going to turn against him

I'm not so sure, as far as him caving, yes, maybe, but I don't think he is going to see a wave of people turning on him. He ran on a platform of building a wall, his supporters want a wall, After all the talk and no action from D's and R's alike on border security for years, people want tangible changes. I think more people will turn on him if he does cave.
I don't. I think his supporter will never turn on him no matter what he does. If he "caves" They will say it was because he had to. It was for the right reasons.. And they will be correct.
[Image: 60b15a63466813f1f11b1147408b5343.jpg]

[Image: 374a3acf639f9e8fbafe2b47a8c80e64.jpg]

[Image: 3c6c1159954a572e12f0c3e1e6f8240b.jpg]

[Image: fab38b5459bdb2a457e16ffb5adc6005.jpg]

[Image: 32ce1ada5618b845e190046969e694f2.jpg]

[Image: cc66d5055f31439c4569622214f21cfc.jpg]

ROFLMAO

[Image: d088ea140259a2c72cf01cf9b744ffd2.jpg]

This is why a $5.7B trump wall will not appreciably change anything to do with drugs, murderers, illegal immigrants or terrorists. There are other reasons too but for those who think a wall is magical, it's really not.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/30-unaccompan...to-arizona
(01-19-2019, 11:02 AM)Cuzz Wrote: This is why a $5.7B trump wall will not appreciably change anything to do with drugs, murderers, illegal immigrants or terrorists. There are other reasons too but for those who think a wall is magical, it's really not.

I disagree that it will not do anything to do with illegal immigrants. Just because some people dug under the wall doesn't mean a wall doesn't do anything to appreciably change anything.

There are many of other countries with walls and they say yes they do work. Do they stop everyone? No. I would think any new wall would be built with sensitive seismic detectors.

It seems to me that border agents are the best options to stop illegals and with a wall it would take less of them.
(01-19-2019, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 11:02 AM)Cuzz Wrote: This is why a $5.7B trump wall will not appreciably change anything to do with drugs, murderers, illegal immigrants or terrorists. There are other reasons too but for those who think a wall is magical, it's really not.

I disagree that it will not do anything to do with illegal immigrants. Just because some people dug under the wall doesn't mean a wall doesn't do anything to appreciably change anything.

There are many of other countries with walls and they say yes they do work. Do they stop everyone? No. I would think any new wall would be built with sensitive seismic detectors.

It seems to me that border agents are the best options to stop illegals and with a wall it would take less of them.

This is why a wall won't stop drugs

[Image: dracodronejt_1800.jpg]
or people.

[Image: CgXJf.jpg]
I really don't see any realistic improvement in the problems being argued about short of more boots on the front lines, so to speak. More border patrols patrolling the border. Any unmanned obstacle has weaknesses that are only alleviated by actually patrolling. But if you have adequate patrolling then the need for a wall is redundant. Redundant is good if you have the money. I just think we have plenty things that need money more then redundancy right now.

Besides the unwalled southern border isn't the biggest source of the problems. Putting buckets of money into the smallest problem and expecting big results is a losing game.

Pick and choose.

And that's what I think about that.
(01-20-2019, 12:28 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This is why a wall won't stop drugs

[Image: dracodronejt_1800.jpg]

I haven't said a wall will stop drugs. But actually I don't think the cartels would care about the relative tiny amount of drugs that drone will haul.
They deal in TONS.
(01-20-2019, 01:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I really don't see any realistic improvement in the problems being argued about short of more boots on the front lines, so to speak. More border patrols patrolling the border. Any unmanned obstacle has weaknesses that are only alleviated by actually patrolling. But if you have adequate patrolling then the need for a wall is redundant. Redundant is good if you have the money. I just think we have plenty things that need money more then redundancy right now.

Besides the unwalled southern border isn't the biggest source of the problems. Putting buckets of money into the smallest problem and expecting big results is a losing game.

Pick and choose.

I just don't see your logic. If I had to guard a section of a border all by myself. It seems obvious to me that ANY type of barrier that slowed down invaders would be a great help to me.
(01-20-2019, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 01:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I really don't see any realistic improvement in the problems being argued about short of more boots on the front lines, so to speak. More border patrols patrolling the border. Any unmanned obstacle has weaknesses that are only alleviated by actually patrolling. But if you have adequate patrolling then the need for a wall is redundant. Redundant is good if you have the money. I just think we have plenty things that need money more then redundancy right now.

Pick and choose.

I just don't see your logic. If I had to guard a section of a border all by myself. It seems obvious to me that ANY type of barrier that slowed down invaders would be a great help to me.

That's OK, I struck that off the list of options a long time ago.   Razz

Pick and choose.

I agree 100%.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(01-22-2019, 07:44 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Pick and choose.

I agree 100%.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I'm still stuck on this part...... But if you have adequate patrolling then the need for a wall is redundant.

I think that this "adequate patrolling" concept will cost more than some walls and some patrolling.
(01-20-2019, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Pick and choose.

Yes, but is $4000 a foot worth the money.
 I would think a $10 a foot fence would be effective as well and could be a lot longer.