You can say things here you can't say in public
A pedestrian was killed on I-5 one mile north of the central point exit at the Pilot Truck stop.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this before maybe more than once. I think it was most likely a drunk transient crossing the freeway( a short cut) to get more booze.

But it could be someones kid. But here we can say what we want. I'm going to miss that one day.
(10-31-2018, 02:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: A pedestrian was killed on I-5 one mile north of the central point exit at the Pilot Truck stop.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this before maybe more than once. I think it was most likely a drunk transient crossing the freeway( a short cut) to get more booze.

But it could be someones kid. But here we can say what we want. I'm going to miss that one day.

And it should be that way. At least I think so. I mean it COULD be someone's kid. Everyone in this valley is connected to one another.  It can be sensitive.

I'm trying to remember, there was forum member here who was from the old MTF. He'd always been around. I cannot for the life of me remember his  forum name. But he died, just last  year....he worked at SOU. Anyone remember him?  Anyway it turns out a coworker of mine is his daughter in law AND one of our clients now lives in his old apartment. And I 'knew' him for over 10 years. But I never met him. Everybody here is connected to someone else in the valley. I would never expect that degree of connection in any of the previous places I've lived. So, I get that it's sometimes indelicate to speak the glaring truth on someplace like FB where we all can see each other's real names.  I can't talk about my work on FB.  Even here I'm pretty careful, but I feel a bit freer here .because I feel the chances of it being heard by the wrong ears is pretty minimal.
Oh, wait, I remember now. He actually used his real name here. MKWing.
(10-31-2018, 03:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: Oh, wait, I remember now. He actually used his real name here. MKWing.

I remember him. What was the cause of death?
(10-31-2018, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 03:22 PM)Juniper Wrote: Oh, wait, I remember now. He actually used his real name here. MKWing.

Post surgical embolism.
(10-31-2018, 03:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 03:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Post surgical embolism.
OK
I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I ran into your parents at blah, blah, blah" from someone from the old ILGP.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(10-31-2018, 07:39 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I ran into your parents at blah, blah, blah" from someone from the old ILGP.

We are all connected. At least in the Valley. I've found that out. Some of you I've personally met. Others not.  But I guarantee you we are somehow connected. It might be that you have a kid who went to school with my kid, or your sister works at the same place as my friend, or something.  Maybe you  have a customer or a client or a relative who goes to a business or a school or a church you are connected with that I am also connected with, but I can absolutely guarantee the degree of separation from you and I is just a couple of people.

I forgot to mention a further connection to MWing who I never met. I had another co worker whose husband was co workers with him when he died.
(10-31-2018, 07:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 07:39 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I ran into your parents at blah, blah, blah" from someone from the old ILGP.

We are all connected. At least in the Valley. I've found that out. Some of you I've personally met. Others not.  But I guarantee you we are somehow connected. It might be that you have a kid who went to school with my kid, or your sister works at the same place as my friend, or something.  Maybe you  have a customer or a client or a relative who goes to a business or a school or a church you are connected with that I am also connected with, but I can absolutely guarantee the degree of separation from you and I is just a couple of people.

I forgot to mention a further connection to MWing who I never met. I had another co worker whose husband was co workers with him when he died.

Those are some pretty tenuous connections.   Big Grin
ENo, Michael was a good Guy. I used to talk to him on FB. Music teacher to everyone and frequent musical actor at Camelot and the Randall. He had ulcerative colitis, one ailment I share.
You obviously aren’t in the apt on Ellendale, the ones where a shooting occurred.
I think that’s when they moved to where you are.
(11-01-2018, 05:31 AM)bbqboy Wrote: ENo, Michael was a good Guy. I used to talk to him on FB. Music teacher to everyone and frequent musical actor at Camelot and the Randall. He had ulcerative colitis, one ailment I share.
You obviously aren’t in the apt on Ellendale, the ones where a shooting occurred.

My parents knew his father well, years ago.  A school principal I think.  Juniper is right, there are a lot of connections in an area this size.
(10-31-2018, 09:49 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 07:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Those are some pretty tenuous connections.   Big Grin

But that's my point. We are all connected, mostly tenuously, but if that's the case, you really can't just say what you always want to say in your own identity because tenuous or not, people will make the connections. And it stops you.  And like I said, in other places I've lived it hasn't been this close of a degree of separation.  You've heard of the 8 degrees of separation?  All I'm saying is that here, in the Valley that degree of separation is a LOT smaller, so you kind of have to be careful what you say in a public format.
(11-01-2018, 05:31 AM)bbqboy Wrote: ENo, Michael was a good Guy. I used to talk to him on FB. Music teacher to everyone and frequent musical actor at Camelot and the Randall. He had ulcerative colitis, one ailment I share.

Yep, Ellendale.
(11-01-2018, 05:32 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

My parents knew his father well, years ago.  A school principal I think.  Juniper is right, there are a lot of connections in an area this size.

So, SD that's a connection between you and I that we didn't know about. Tenuous, but there.
So for instance there are things I would like to say and vent about the field of work I'm in. About the child neglect and the child abuse that exists and what it does to children and to our society and how that colors a lot of my feelings and attitudes about parental rights, the child welfare system, abortion issues and what not. But I'm basically working with the population that you hear horror stories about in the news and the professionals that work them. The stories are so horrible that if I were to talk about them, people would make the connection to who I am when I use my real name as I do on FB. So, you can't. Sure I have opinions. Very strong ones at times, but I can't just go on FB and start blathering them off. You just can't say it on a public forum. There are things you can say here that you can't out there.
(11-02-2018, 08:47 AM)Juniper Wrote: So for instance there are things I would like to say and vent about the field of work I'm in. About the child neglect and the child abuse that exists and what it does to children and to our society and how that colors a lot of my feelings and attitudes about parental rights, the child welfare system, abortion issues and what not.  But I'm basically working with the population that you hear horror stories about in the news and the professionals that work them. The stories are so horrible that if I were to talk about them, people would make the connection to who I am when I use my real name as I do on FB.  So, you can't.  Sure I have opinions. Very strong ones at times, but I can't just go on FB and start blathering them off. You just can't say it on a public forum.  There are things you can say here that you can't out there.

That kind of work must be tough. I don't think I could do it so I'm thankful for people like you that do.
(11-02-2018, 10:43 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 08:47 AM)Juniper Wrote: So for instance there are things I would like to say and vent about the field of work I'm in. About the child neglect and the child abuse that exists and what it does to children and to our society and how that colors a lot of my feelings and attitudes about parental rights, the child welfare system, abortion issues and what not.  But I'm basically working with the population that you hear horror stories about in the news and the professionals that work them. The stories are so horrible that if I were to talk about them, people would make the connection to who I am when I use my real name as I do on FB.  So, you can't.  Sure I have opinions. Very strong ones at times, but I can't just go on FB and start blathering them off. You just can't say it on a public forum.  There are things you can say here that you can't out there.

That kind of work must be tough. I don't think I could do it so I'm thankful for people like you that do.

I see lots of current and past clients and others I've worked with online on FB.  I recognize them. I know intimate details about some of them and their lives. So far no one has made the connection to who I am. Or at least they don't say so. I don't think they do.  But it's like trying to participate while flying really low. There's a very active discussion going on right now on a local FB thread about crime and homelessness and homeless families and children that I'm commenting on...but carefully.
In WMR?
Certainly one advantage of being retired is not giving a shit about employment and speaking one’s opinion.
Get off my lawn!
(11-02-2018, 12:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote: In WMR?
Certainly one advantage of being retired is not giving a shit about employment and speaking one’s opinion.
Get off my lawn!

No, In one of the Scanner groups.

I do look forward to the days of not having to give a shit.

That was the nice thing about here before FB took off.  The anonymity.
fuck shit piss