Wife of man killed in shooting breaks silence
He Juniper! you and your degrees of connection stuff.. I knew this guy who was killed very well also his wife on the video. He was a close friend of a close friend.
I don't think he was trying to do anything wrong. Sad

Crime Local News Top Stories October 31, 2018 Amanda Rose crime, Grants Pass shooting, southern Oregon

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — The wife of a man shot and killed one week ago tonight in Grants Pass is breaking her silence.
The couple told police it was self-defense, but Barry’s wife isn’t buying it.
“This elderly man shot and killed my husband… he took another person’s life,” said Judy Barry, wife of Robert Barry.
Barry says she had a terrible feeling after hearing about a shooting in Grants Pass, a feeling the man shot and killed…was her husband.
“A wife feeling, I guess, I just felt like there was something wrong…,” she said.
The shooting happened at an elderly couple’s home on the 4-thousand block of Foothill Boulevard around 6 last Wednesday night.
Police say they discovered a man shot and killed on the deck of the home, later identified as 58-year-old Robert Barry from Washington state.
The couple told NBC5 News they didn’t want to go on camera, but that Barry was trespassing on their property and the shooting was in self-defense.
However, that’s not what Barry’s wife says.
She says her husband was driving from Idaho to their home in Medford, but his car broke down along the way.
“There is no reason to walk on your front porch and shoot a man on your front porch at 6 o’clock at night…,” she said.
Police say his car was discovered after the incident… several miles away from the couple’s home.
That’s left police with more questions.
“It doesn’t explain why he walked that far…when he could have walked to Rogue River, which would have been closer,” said Sgt. Proulx, Oregon State Police.
Police say they’re also looking into why Barry went to another house before going to the elderly couple.
“A gentleman walked up…he not only walked up on that property, but he was at another property earlier. He didn’t ask for help at that property. In fact, he didn’t say anything,” said Sgt. Proulx.
The many conflicting stories is why police say they’re continuing to investigate.
Meanwhile, Barry says she’s still reeling from the loss of her husband and desperate for answers.
“They say they can’t say anything until this happens and this happens and this happens, but this elderly man is still in his home with all of his guns…and I feel, I don’t know, I feel empty,” she said.
Oregon State Police say the investigation is still ongoing.
Stay with NBC5 News news for updates on this developing story.

https://kobi5.com/news/local-news/wife-o...nce-88875/
(11-01-2018, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: He Juniper! you and your degrees of connection stuff.. I knew this guy who was killed very well also his wife on the video. He was a close friend of a close friend.

Crime Local News Top Stories October 31, 2018 Amanda Rose crime, Grants Pass shooting, southern Oregon

GRANTS PASS, Ore. — The wife of a man shot and killed one week ago tonight in Grants Pass is breaking her silence.
“This elderly man shot and killed my husband… he took another person’s life,” said Judy Barry, wife of Robert Barry.
Barry says she had a terrible feeling after hearing about a shooting in Grants Pass, a feeling the man shot and killed…was her husband.
“A wife feeling, I guess, I just felt like there was something wrong…,” she said.
The shooting happened at an elderly couple’s home on the 4-thousand block of Foothill Boulevard around 6 last Wednesday night.
Police say they discovered a man shot and killed on the deck of the home, later identified as 58-year-old Robert Barry from Washington state.
The couple told NBC5 News they didn’t want to go on camera, but that Barry was trespassing on their property and the shooting was in self-defense.
She says her husband was driving from Idaho to their home in Medford, but his car broke down along the way.
“There is no reason to walk on your front porch and shoot a man on your front porch at 6 o’clock at night…,” she said.
Police say his car was discovered after the incident… several miles away from the couple’s home.
“It doesn’t explain why he walked that far…when he could have walked to Rogue River, which would have been closer,” said Sgt. Proulx, Oregon State Police.
Police say they’re also looking into why Barry went to another house before going to the elderly couple.
“A gentleman walked up…he not only walked up on that property, but he was at another property earlier. He didn’t ask for help at that property. In fact, he didn’t say anything,” said Sgt. Proulx.
The many conflicting stories is why police say they’re continuing to investigate.
Meanwhile, Barry says she’s still reeling from the loss of her husband and desperate for answers.
“They say they can’t say anything until this happens and this happens and this happens, but this elderly man is still in his home with all of his guns…and I feel, I don’t know, I feel empty,” she said.

Point proven. It connects me now also.
Three years ago I spent an afternoon with two of my best friends and the man who was just killed.
Now Out of the four of us I'm the only one alive.

It's just weird to me.
(11-01-2018, 06:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: He Juniper! you and your degrees of connection stuff.. I knew this guy who was killed very well also his wife on the video. He was a close friend of a close friend.

Point proven. It connects me now also.
Because you know me?
I thought someone would have an opinion on this.

I'm not sure either way. A lot of what happened didn't make sense. I haven't seen this guy in three years. He was a diesel Mechanic working in South Dakota.
I suppose he could have started using heavy drugs and lost touch with reality. Why was his truck so far from where he was shot?
He would have had to walk by a lot of houses to get to that one. Where the hell was his cell phone, where was he going?

I know his dog ran off, he could have been looking for the dog on foot?
(11-01-2018, 08:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: I thought someone would have an opinion on this.

I'm not sure either way. A lot of what happened didn't make sense. I haven't seen this guy in three years. He was a diesel Mechanic working in South Dakota.
I suppose he could have started using heavy drugs and lost touch with reality. Why was his truck so far from where he was shot?
He would have had to walk by a lot of houses to get to that one. Where the hell was his cell phone, where was he going?

I only saw the mention of it on the news. I don't know any of the details, but my initial impression was that the homeowner, the shooter, came out with the gun drawn ready to shoot. Now, why I have this impression I don't know.
(11-01-2018, 08:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 08:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: I thought someone would have an opinion on this.

I only saw the mention of it on the news. I don't know any of the details, but my initial impression was that the homeowner, the shooter, came out with the gun drawn ready to shoot. Now, why I have this impression I don't know.
  That's the exact same impression I had.

I think all of the "details" are in the OP or this which was the first report.....

INITIAL REPORT: The fatal shooting of a man in Josephine County may have been a case of self defense, according to the Oregon State Police (OSP).
Troopers responded to a home in the 4000-block of Foothill Boulevard around 6:20 p.m. on Wednesday. When they arrived, OSP says that they found a dead man on the deck of the home.
Upon interviewing the elderly residents, OSP says that the husband claimed that he had shot the man in self defense.
OSP has confirmed that the resident is not being charged with a crime at this time, however investigation from OSP detectives and the Josephine County District Attorney's Office continues. OSP reports that the elderly residents have been cooperatiing with investigators.
Being short on details as this is, my initial reaction is the shooting is a case of an elderly man's rush to judgement. He may very well have feared for the life of him and his wife and as such he jumped straight to intruder alert. My guess is if the same circumstances involving a non elderly individual occurred, the deceased would likely still be alive. Most folks are not going to shoot someone for trespassing. We don't know the shooters age, but I know my elderly step-dad processes information much differently these days then a man decades younger.

Playing the "if it was me" card, I'd like to think unless the circumstances were such that he brandished a gun, etc. I would never shoot someone on my porch. Whatever interaction there was would ultimately be making it clear of my intentions then retreat to the safety of the house, or if I was in the house, close the door, etc. if the individual continued to try to force their way in the house at that point, then it would likely cost him him dearly.

Because he lives in Josephine County???  Dry
(11-02-2018, 08:11 AM)GCG Wrote:

Honestly?  I don't think that's why I thought that at all. I think my thought was the political and social environment of the day was more behind it than anything else.  I don't carry too many stereotypical thoughts about JoCo in general.  I do for some areas....CJ for instance....perhaps a bit Butte Falls,  (Jackson County) but Josephine County in general, not really. In fact your question surprised me.
(11-02-2018, 06:55 AM)GPnative Wrote: Being short on details as this is, my initial reaction is the shooting is a case of an elderly man's rush to judgement. He may very well have feared for the life of him and his wife and as such he jumped straight to intruder alert. My guess is if the same circumstances involving a non elderly individual occurred, the deceased would likely still be alive. Most folks are not going to shoot someone for trespassing. We don't know the shooters age, but I know my elderly step-dad processes information much differently these days then a man decades younger.

Playing the "if it was me" card, I'd like to think unless the circumstances were such that he brandished a gun, etc. I would never shoot someone on my porch. Whatever interaction there was would ultimately be making it clear of my intentions then retreat to the safety of the house, or if I was in the house, close the door, etc. if the individual continued to try to force their way in the house at that point, then it would likely cost him him dearly.

That thought occurred to me too. Probably because nothing was mentioned in the article about any action on the part of the deceased that would have justified being shot. There's no telling with the information that's been presented though.
(11-02-2018, 08:41 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Honestly?  I don't think that's why I thought that at all. I think my thought was the political and social environment of the day was more behind it than anything else.  I don't carry too many stereotypical thoughts about JoCo in general.  I do for some areas....CJ for instance....perhaps a bit Butte Falls,  (Jackson County) but Josephine County in general, not really. In fact your question surprised me.

I was simply making a snide remark about Josephine Co. Just for the hell of it.
Was this in the area near the Best Western or on the road between GP and RR?
(11-02-2018, 06:55 AM)GPnative Wrote: Being short on details as this is, my initial reaction is the shooting is a case of an elderly man's rush to judgement. He may very well have feared for the life of him and his wife and as such he jumped straight to intruder alert. My guess is if the same circumstances involving a non elderly individual occurred, the deceased would likely still be alive. Most folks are not going to shoot someone for trespassing. We don't know the shooters age, but I know my elderly step-dad processes information much differently these days then a man decades younger.

My thoughts almost exactly.
Well they didn't mention the address of course  but they did say the 4000 block of foothills Blvd. And the genius reporter in the video I provided was standing right in front of the address 4350 Blink

Using that info I did some digging and found something that said the man ( who's name I won't mention) is 77 years old. And that could be old news because I found something else indicating his wife is 100 years old.
(11-02-2018, 01:06 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Was this in the area near the Best Western or on the road between GP and RR?

4350 Foothill Blvd
(11-02-2018, 10:40 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

That thought occurred to me too. Probably because nothing was mentioned in the article about any action on the part of the deceased that would have justified being shot. There's no telling with the information that's been presented though.
  Yeah but I think the police didn't want that info released. I guess.

Come on Juniper you should have known he was kidding. Big Grin

my thought was the political and social environment of the day was more behind it than anything else.

I think the guys age is what's behind it. But IMO the media does make people more afraid than they should be.

I don't carry too many stereotypical thoughts about JoCo in general.  I do for some areas....CJ for instance.

I would say Wolf Creek and Cave Junction LOL
(11-02-2018, 02:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:

my thought was the political and social environment of the day was more behind it than anything else.

I think the guys age is what's behind it. But IMO the media does make people more afraid than they should be.

I don't carry too many stereotypical thoughts about JoCo in general.  I do for some areas....CJ for instance.

I might have thought he was kidding but the emoji thing made me think not.
(11-02-2018, 03:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 08:33 PM)Juniper Wrote: I only saw the mention of it on the news. I don't know any of the details, but my initial impression was that the homeowner, the shooter, came out with the gun drawn ready to shoot. Now, why I have this impression I don't know.

I thought that emoji means dry humor. I don't have any solid reason to bag on JoCo.... but that doesn't stop me.  Big Grin
(11-02-2018, 04:06 PM)GCG Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 03:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 08:11 AM)GCG Wrote: Because he lives in Josephine County???  Dry

I thought that emoji means dry humor. I don't have any solid reason to bag on JoCo.... but that doesn't stop me.  Big Grin

Yeah, it says 'dry' for the description of Dry  but to me it looks and feels like a resentful emoji. This one is supposed to be neutral Neutral , so it says, but it looks a bit dumfounded to me.  Sometimes combinations are funny, like: 
Laughing Confused Neutral   Which to me looks like "Ha ha, not sure, and nope."  But anyway  for all their good intentions even emojis go astray.