Non Political "Fluff" Thread
(11-25-2018, 04:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:26 PM)bbqboy Wrote: The song. Never saw the movie.

The movies sucked. I never much cared for the song at the time it was made.

I've always liked it.  The song, not the films which I never saw.I like picking the lyrics apart to see what each one refers to.
Yeah mostly the plane crash I think.

Well, yes, that's the obvious line.  But in later verses it's more obscure and fun to try and figure out the references.
Why did he drive a Chevy to a levy and who cares if the levy was dry? Razz

On another note. W Medfoed FB. People are bitching that the police and animal control won't do anything about two dogs who are often running loose.
I say BULLSHIT Animal control has always been VERY helpful when I've called.
(11-25-2018, 05:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: The movies sucked. I never much cared for the song at the time it was made.

I've always liked it.  The song, not the films which I never saw.I like picking the lyrics apart to see what each one refers to.

Well, yes, that's the obvious line.  But in later verses it's more obscure and fun to try and figure out the references.

On another note. W Medfoed FB. People are bitching that the police and animal control won't do anything about two dogs who are often running loose.

Well, the levy is dry is a reference to dry States driving across state lines to get alcohol and also a reference to a popular Chevrolet  ad that ran at the time.
(11-25-2018, 05:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: I've always liked it.  The song, not the films which I never saw.I like picking the lyrics apart to see what each one refers to.

Well, the levy is dry is a reference to dry States driving across state lines to get alcohol and also a reference to a popular Chevrolet  ad that ran at the time.

Thanks LOL... I remember being in Kentucky in a dry county. And you had to go across the county line to by alcohol.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. It's just as stupid when cities won't allow a pot store. Like Shady Cove.
(11-25-2018, 06:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah mostly the plane crash I think.

Thanks LOL... I remember being in Kentucky in a dry county. And you had to go across the county line to by alcohol.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. It's just as stupid when cities won't allow a pot store. Like Shady Cove.

So, Shady Cove is Pot dry?
(11-25-2018, 04:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah mostly the plane crash I think.

I guess it seems silly, but to me it's like a game. I'm not very good at games requiring strategy, but I'm good with things like trivia and stuff...
(11-25-2018, 06:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 04:54 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, yes, that's the obvious line.  But in later verses it's more obscure and fun to try and figure out the references.

As far as stores yes. I just wonder what those idiots who vote for that think they are preventing
(11-25-2018, 07:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 06:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 05:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why did he drive a Chevy to a levy and who cares if the levy was dry? Razz

As far as stores yes. I just wonder what those idiots who vote for that think they are preventing

Out of sight, out of mind?
I thought they drove out to the levee but it didn't have any water lapping  up against it.
At least that's what we used to do when we were teenagers.
(11-25-2018, 08:56 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I thought they drove out to the levee but it didn't have any water lapping  up against it.

You are right, I spelled it wrong. Laughing
Helter Skelter in a summer swelter is clearly a reference to the Manon murders that took place in an August heat wave.

There we were, all in one place, a generation lost in space....(we all watched the moon landing)

There's lots of lyrical references in the song and I find it fun to find them.
(11-25-2018, 09:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Helter Skelter in a summer swelter is clearly a reference to the Manon murders that took place in an August heat wave.

There we were, all in one place, a generation lost in space....(we all watched the moon landing)

There's lots of lyrical references in the song and I find it fun to find them.

I just googled it LOL. Not lately but I have before.