WE got a free 20# Turky at Fred Meyer
(11-09-2018, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 05:53 PM)Juniper Wrote: North.  I feel very lost in that store.  Some stores are more intuitive.  But often not. Even Food 4 Less stumps me from time to time.

Maybe you are one of those people who is overwhelmed by too much info? I say so partly thinking about how you spoke about your difficulty even using the computer to scroll through the foods.

My friend who passed who I took the the grocery store a lot hated if I wanted him to go to a different store. he said "I can't find anything" Laughing
And to me most stores are relatively laid out the same. dairy eggs cheese yogurt.... canned food, cereals all seem to have their own aisle with signs at every one.

But I don't buy the groceries. I just pick up what ever we might be out of. So what the fuck do I know Razz
yes, I am.   But Freddies is not intuitive. Your description would denote that, but it's not like that. yogurt is one place on the edge of the store.  Then there is an aisle that I have only just discovered pretty far from it with cheese. I expect all dairy together. I don't buy milk, so I haven't noticed that. Same with produce. Different kinds of cabbage should all be right next to each other. The different potatoes and onions are!  Why not the cabbage?   The kind of lettuce I buy is far from the other lettuce.  It's confusing.  The kind of energy drink I buy for work days isn't next to the red bulls, so where is it?  I don't like shopping for one thing. I don't want to be there. I want out.

I can sympathize with that. I've left stores empty handed because I got fed up with the store, the crowds, even the piped music. My tranquility is worth more then their merchandise.   Big Grin

there have been stores I've been in with such obnoxious music that I can't stand it.  Bimart doesn't bother me. They always have old sixties and seventies pop, and not too loud. I like Bimart. It's small and makes sense.

The Loud shitty country music kills me at Big R, now Coastal.
(11-09-2018, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 05:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 05:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 04:44 PM)Juniper Wrote: By the way, speaking of Freddies, that is the most unintuitive store I've been in.  I've shopped there several times because it's close to my new place, but still, months later I still can't find basic items.  I only found the cheese last week! Big Grin I'm still looking for Napa cabbage.  And they are kind of shady.  They package some veggies in bags and when you look close they are kind of going over but you have to really look.  They should have bagged produce in bags you don't have to peer so intently into.

Are you talking about the South Fred Meyer?? I was in there last week and won't ever be back. It appears it was organized to make the customer walk every isle looking for what they want. I did but they didn't have what I was looking for. No thanks.

When they do that to the North Fred Meyer they will have lost me as a customer.

North.  I feel very lost in that store.  Some stores are more intuitive.  But often not. Even Food 4 Less stumps me from time to time.

Maybe you are one of those people who is overwhelmed by too much info? I say so partly thinking about how you spoke about your difficulty even using the computer to scroll through the foods.

My friend who passed who I took the the grocery store a lot hated if I wanted him to go to a different store. he said "I can't find anything"
And to me most stores are relatively laid out the same. dairy eggs cheese yogurt.... canned food, cereals all seem to have their own aisle with signs at every one.

But I don't buy the groceries. I just pick up what ever we might be out of. So what the fuck do I know
yes, I am.   But Freddies is not intuitive. Your description would denote that, but it's not like that. yogurt is one place on the edge of the store.  Then there is an aisle that I have only just discovered pretty far from it with cheese. I expect all dairy together. I don't buy milk, so I haven't noticed that. Same with produce. Different kinds of cabbage should all be right next to each other. The different potatoes and onions are!  Why not the cabbage?   The kind of lettuce I buy is far from the other lettuce.  It's confusing.  And for some reason they put the organics right in the middle with the other produce all around the edges, so I get confused as to where the NON organic stuff is. The kind of energy drink I buy for work days isn't next to the red bulls, so where is it?  I don't like shopping for one thing. I don't want to be there. I want out.
I absolutely hate Freddie's. If I don't really need to go in... I won't. Which is one reason why I like the Checklist... or Clicklist... what ever it's called.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(11-09-2018, 07:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe you are one of those people who is overwhelmed by too much info? I say so partly thinking about how you spoke about your difficulty even using the computer to scroll through the foods.

My friend who passed who I took the the grocery store a lot hated if I wanted him to go to a different store. he said "I can't find anything" Laughing

But I don't buy the groceries. I just pick up what ever we might be out of. So what the fuck do I know Razz
yes, I am.   But Freddies is not intuitive. Your description would denote that, but it's not like that. yogurt is one place on the edge of the store.  Then there is an aisle that I have only just discovered pretty far from it with cheese. I expect all dairy together. I don't buy milk, so I haven't noticed that. Same with produce. Different kinds of cabbage should all be right next to each other. The different potatoes and onions are!  Why not the cabbage?   The kind of lettuce I buy is far from the other lettuce.  It's confusing.  The kind of energy drink I buy for work days isn't next to the red bulls, so where is it?  I don't like shopping for one thing. I don't want to be there. I want out.

I can sympathize with that. I've left stores empty handed because I got fed up with the store, the crowds, even the piped music. My tranquility is worth more then their merchandise.   Big Grin

there have been stores I've been in with such obnoxious music that I can't stand it.  Bimart doesn't bother me. They always have old sixties and seventies pop, and not too loud. I like Bimart. It's small and makes sense.

yech....I feel like I've been places with such loud music it's just super frustrating.  I do have trouble concentrating, so if music is playing loudly, I can't make choices or decisions.  That happened to me today....just gets worse as I get older. Ironically at work, when I do computer work I put on headphones with music to drown out my co workers because I can't concentrate. But it's usually same music so in a way I don't really hear it unless I want to.  In my new house it's not carpeted and the noise of my daughter just moving around the house drives me nuts so I have a white noise machine now that I just turn on every night. (she works late and gets home late).
I like the older stores. Thunderbird. Bimart. Food 4 less.
(11-09-2018, 07:50 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like the older stores. Thunderbird. Bimart. Food 4 less.

I like Albertsons Laughing I loves me their fried chicken LOL
(11-09-2018, 07:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: yes, I am.   But Freddies is not intuitive. Your description would denote that, but it's not like that. yogurt is one place on the edge of the store.  Then there is an aisle that I have only just discovered pretty far from it with cheese. I expect all dairy together. I don't buy milk, so I haven't noticed that. Same with produce. Different kinds of cabbage should all be right next to each other. The different potatoes and onions are!  Why not the cabbage?   The kind of lettuce I buy is far from the other lettuce.  It's confusing.  The kind of energy drink I buy for work days isn't next to the red bulls, so where is it?  I don't like shopping for one thing. I don't want to be there. I want out.

yech....I feel like I've been places with such loud music it's just super frustrating.  I do have trouble concentrating, so if music is playing loudly, I can't make choices or decisions.  That happened to me today....just gets worse as I get older. Ironically at work, when I do computer work I put on headphones with music to drown out my co workers because I can't concentrate. But it's usually same music so in a way I don't really hear it unless I want to.  In my new house it's not carpeted and the noise of my daughter just moving around the house drives me nuts so I have a white noise machine now that I just turn on every night. (she works late and gets home late).
Get some throw rugs Razz
(11-09-2018, 07:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I can sympathize with that. I've left stores empty handed because I got fed up with the store, the crowds, even the piped music. My tranquility is worth more then their merchandise.   Big Grin

Get some throw rugs Razz

There's actually a fairly large carpet fragment in the garage I can put in the living room, but I need to buy a vacuum cleaner first.  Also I'm thinking of getting a dog, and I think rugs might be a thing to have because I'm thinking dog claws are going to scratch up the floor.
(11-09-2018, 07:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:50 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like the older stores. Thunderbird. Bimart. Food 4 less.

Never have like fried chicken.
(11-09-2018, 08:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote: there have been stores I've been in with such obnoxious music that I can't stand it.  Bimart doesn't bother me. They always have old sixties and seventies pop, and not too loud. I like Bimart. It's small and makes sense.

Get some throw rugs Razz

There's actually a fairly large carpet fragment in the garage I can put in the living room, but I need to buy a vacuum cleaner first.  Also I'm thinking of getting a dog, and I think rugs might be a thing to have because I'm thinking dog claws are going to scratch up the floor.
My friend and neighbor is a carpet layer with his own business.If you want it done right.. stretched and carpet tack and all that. I think price wise he's very reasonable.
(11-09-2018, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:  The Loud shitty country music kills me at Big R, now Coastal.

Get some throw rugs Razz

My friend and neighbor is a carpet layer with his own business.If you want it done right.. stretched and carpet tack and all that. I think price wise he's very reasonable.

Well, I don't want carpeting! I like not having carpeting, but you are right, I may need to get some throw rugs and stuff eventually.
(11-09-2018, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Never have like fried chicken.

I do. I've eaten more chicken than any man alive........ OK who said that, what musician?

You can get it roasted too.
(11-09-2018, 08:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: yech....I feel like I've been places with such loud music it's just super frustrating.  I do have trouble concentrating, so if music is playing loudly, I can't make choices or decisions.  That happened to me today....just gets worse as I get older. Ironically at work, when I do computer work I put on headphones with music to drown out my co workers because I can't concentrate. But it's usually same music so in a way I don't really hear it unless I want to.  In my new house it's not carpeted and the noise of my daughter just moving around the house drives me nuts so I have a white noise machine now that I just turn on every night. (she works late and gets home late).
Get some throw rugs Razz

Well, I don't want carpeting! I like not having carpeting, but you are right, I may need to get some throw rugs and stuff eventually.
Well like it or not you said...... There's actually a fairly large carpet fragment in the garage I can put in the living room
So I mentioned a carpet layer.
(11-09-2018, 08:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:58 PM)tvguy Wrote: Get some throw rugs Razz

Well like it or not you said...... There's actually a fairly large carpet fragment in the garage I can put in the living room

cool, thanks.

first, before I deal with that expense, I think I have some tree issues to deal with that will cost some $$
(11-09-2018, 08:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 08:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: There's actually a fairly large carpet fragment in the garage I can put in the living room, but I need to buy a vacuum cleaner first.  Also I'm thinking of getting a dog, and I think rugs might be a thing to have because I'm thinking dog claws are going to scratch up the floor.

cool, thanks.

first, before I deal with that expense, I think I have some tree issues to deal with that will cost some $$

How tall are these trees? I'll loan you a pole saw LOL.. It's a chain saw on a telescoping pole.
(11-09-2018, 08:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 08:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: My friend and neighbor is a carpet layer with his own business.If you want it done right.. stretched and carpet tack and all that. I think price wise he's very reasonable.

cool, thanks.

How tall are these trees? I'll loan you a pole saw LOL.. It's a chain saw on a telescoping pole.
You don't have a tree guy in your pocket?
Saw this on FB this morning and thought of some of the comments on this thread....
[Image: bb3aa83164705a33642963a3a2f2c6d4.jpg]

(11-10-2018, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Saw this on FB this morning and thought of some of the comments on this thread....

Neutral That's .... odd.
(11-10-2018, 09:35 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Saw this on FB this morning and thought of some of the comments on this thread....

Neutral That's .... odd.

(11-10-2018, 09:48 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Neutral That's .... odd.

I'll tell you what.  When Food 4 Less changed their layout I felt less adult than ever! Laughing

Neutral That's .... odd.
Is it? I think it's very funny that someone somewhere made a meme out of this issue.

Like what kid ever gave a crap LOL