WE got a free 20# Turky at Fred Meyer
(11-10-2018, 11:09 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 09:35 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Saw this on FB this morning and thought of some of the comments on this thread....
[Image: bb3aa83164705a33642963a3a2f2c6d4.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Neutral That's .... odd.
Is it? I think it's very funny that someone somewhere made a meme out of this issue.

Like what kid ever gave a crap LOL
Takes all kinds. Cool
Got my free turkey today!
[Image: f2defdc0c4d752f2801c175d9240bcbe.jpg]

(11-11-2018, 03:22 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Got my free turkey today!  
[Image: f2defdc0c4d752f2801c175d9240bcbe.jpg]

LOL Big Grin Big Grin
We got our free bird yesterday. On a side note, my wife quit shopping at FM when Winco in GP opened. Now that she returned to FM for the free bird promo she said FM is a crap ton* more expensive than Winco.

*My words, not hers, I think she said, "crazy expensive on everything" compared to winco.

I asked if she thinks we paid overall more for groceries than if she had just shopped at winco and paid for the bird and she said it probably would have been close.

But, I still like the idea of saying we got a free turkey for Thanksgiving even if it was not a huge savings Big Grin
(11-16-2018, 03:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: We got our free bird yesterday. On a side note, my wife quit shopping at FM when Winco in GP opened. Now that she returned to FM for the free bird promo she said FM is a crap ton* more expensive than Winco.

*My words, not hers, I think she said, "crazy expensive on everything" compared to winco.

I asked if she thinks we paid overall more for groceries than if she had just shopped at winco and paid for the bird and she said it probably would have been close.

But, I still like the idea of saying we got a free turkey for Thanksgiving even if it was not a huge savings Big Grin

I found this.... Winner winner, chicken dinner

According to my numbers, WinCo is the cheapest store for conventional foods, with Fred Meyer as a close second. WinCo is about 15 percent cheaper than Fred Meyer and 30 percent more affordable than QFC. PCC only had three items on my conventional list, so it was eliminated from the total bill contest. WinCo didn’t have organic butter or potatoes, so it was eliminated from that contest.

https://www.heraldnet.com/life/shopping-...od-prices/

My wife uses a lot of coupons so I really doubt she is paying 15% more.
(11-16-2018, 03:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: We got our free bird yesterday. On a side note, my wife quit shopping at FM when Winco in GP opened. Now that she returned to FM for the free bird promo she said FM is a crap ton* more expensive than Winco.

Well, with Clicklist you can get your free turkey without leaving your car. That's hard to beat.

(11-16-2018, 04:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I found this.... Winner winner, chicken dinner

According to my numbers, WinCo is the cheapest store for conventional foods, with Fred Meyer as a close second. WinCo is about 15 percent cheaper than Fred Meyer and 30 percent more affordable than QFC. PCC only had three items on my conventional list, so it was eliminated from the total bill contest. WinCo didn’t have organic butter or potatoes, so it was eliminated from that contest.

https://www.heraldnet.com/life/shopping-...od-prices/

My wife uses a lot of coupons so I really doubt she is paying 15% more.
You mean Freddies is a close second all the time?  Because I don't think they are that close to Winco.  And Winco and Food 4 Less are about equal.  It's just what you buy. One has better prices and deals on some things and the other has different deals.  I don't think Freddies is that cheap.  But they aren't as expensive as Safeway.  I haven't been to Cartwrights (?)  I hear they are expensive.  And of course Market of Choice is supposed to be expensive but I've never been there. I always shop the cheap places.
(11-09-2018, 07:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 05:53 PM)Juniper Wrote: North.  I feel very lost in that store.  Some stores are more intuitive.  But often not. Even Food 4 Less stumps me from time to time.

Maybe you are one of those people who is overwhelmed by too much info? I say so partly thinking about how you spoke about your difficulty even using the computer to scroll through the foods.

My friend who passed who I took the the grocery store a lot hated if I wanted him to go to a different store. he said "I can't find anything" Laughing
And to me most stores are relatively laid out the same. dairy eggs cheese yogurt.... canned food, cereals all seem to have their own aisle with signs at every one.

But I don't buy the groceries. I just pick up what ever we might be out of. So what the fuck do I know Razz
yes, I am.   But Freddies is not intuitive. Your description would denote that, but it's not like that. yogurt is one place on the edge of the store.  Then there is an aisle that I have only just discovered pretty far from it with cheese. I expect all dairy together. I don't buy milk, so I haven't noticed that. Same with produce. Different kinds of cabbage should all be right next to each other. The different potatoes and onions are!  Why not the cabbage?   The kind of lettuce I buy is far from the other lettuce.  It's confusing.  The kind of energy drink I buy for work days isn't next to the red bulls, so where is it?  I don't like shopping for one thing. I don't want to be there. I want out.
Wow they really are messed up, Good grief where's the common sense. Now I suddenly remember once being there looking for an item.
I finally had to ask and when I was taken to where it was I said.. why the hell is in not with the other stuff ( whatever it was)
The answer,, I don't know, it should be.

You really need to experience the south store..... just once.   Laughing

OK, South store experienced.   Blink  WTH did I just go through?  Damn those Freddies strores are messed up. And why would I use the clicky app thing?  The South store wasn't even selling common products that I normally buy at the North store.  What a clusterf*ck.
(11-24-2018, 11:14 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe you are one of those people who is overwhelmed by too much info? I say so partly thinking about how you spoke about your difficulty even using the computer to scroll through the foods.

My friend who passed who I took the the grocery store a lot hated if I wanted him to go to a different store. he said "I can't find anything" Laughing
And to me most stores are relatively laid out the same. dairy eggs cheese yogurt.... canned food, cereals all seem to have their own aisle with signs at every one.

But I don't buy the groceries. I just pick up what ever we might be out of. So what the fuck do I know Razz
yes, I am.   But Freddies is not intuitive. Your description would denote that, but it's not like that. yogurt is one place on the edge of the store.  Then there is an aisle that I have only just discovered pretty far from it with cheese. I expect all dairy together. I don't buy milk, so I haven't noticed that. Same with produce. Different kinds of cabbage should all be right next to each other. The different potatoes and onions are!  Why not the cabbage?   The kind of lettuce I buy is far from the other lettuce.  It's confusing.  The kind of energy drink I buy for work days isn't next to the red bulls, so where is it?  I don't like shopping for one thing. I don't want to be there. I want out.
Wow they really are messed up, Good grief where's the common sense. Now I suddenly remember once being there looking for an item.
I finally had to ask and when I was taken to where it was I said.. why the hell is in not with the other stuff ( whatever it was)

OK, South store experienced.   Blink  WTH did I just go through?  Damn those Freddies strores are messed up. And why would I use the clicky app thing?  The South store wasn't even selling common products that I normally buy at the North store.  What a clusterf*ck.

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

I have no intention of ever setting foot in there again.
(11-24-2018, 11:31 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:05 PM)Juniper Wrote: yes, I am.   But Freddies is not intuitive. Your description would denote that, but it's not like that. yogurt is one place on the edge of the store.  Then there is an aisle that I have only just discovered pretty far from it with cheese. I expect all dairy together. I don't buy milk, so I haven't noticed that. Same with produce. Different kinds of cabbage should all be right next to each other. The different potatoes and onions are!  Why not the cabbage?   The kind of lettuce I buy is far from the other lettuce.  It's confusing.  The kind of energy drink I buy for work days isn't next to the red bulls, so where is it?  I don't like shopping for one thing. I don't want to be there. I want out.

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

Laughing Laughing  Can't say as I blame you. I don't think North is any better. It's just that I'm getting used to it now.
(11-24-2018, 11:33 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wow they really are messed up, Good grief where's the common sense. Now I suddenly remember once being there looking for an item.

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

Laughing Laughing  Can't say as I blame you. I don't think North is any better. It's just that I'm getting used to it now.

And why would I use the clicky app thing? 

I wonder why you wouldn't since you seem to be bothered by where they put items. It's such a time saver and IMO it's free because of the coupons they send you.
Before you mentioned you didn't want to sit and scroll through items.
But there is a record of your previous buys and you look at that and just add it to your list. Or use the search function.
(11-24-2018, 01:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You really need to experience the south store..... just once.   Laughing

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

I wonder why you wouldn't since you seem to be bothered by where they put items. It's such a time saver and IMO it's free because of the coupons they send you.
But there is a record of your previous buys and you look at that and just add it to your list. Or use the search function.

The south Fred Meyer definitely requires a road map of some sort to navigate. There isn't any demarcation between departments, to speak of. The food is intermixed with housewares which is intermixed with hardware, seasonal is scattered all over and some products they usually carried are missing altogether, or hidden under a rock, or something.
(11-24-2018, 01:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 11:14 AM)Juniper Wrote: OK, South store experienced.   Blink  WTH did I just go through?  Damn those Freddies strores are messed up. And why would I use the clicky app thing?  The South store wasn't even selling common products that I normally buy at the North store.  What a clusterf*ck.

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

The south Fred Meyer definitely requires a road map of some sort to navigate. There isn't any demarcation between departments, to speak of. The food is intermixed with housewares which is intermixed with hardware, seasonal is scattered all over and some products they usually carried are missing altogether, or hidden under a rock, or something.
Yes I totally get that. Even more reason to use the clicklist.
(11-24-2018, 02:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 01:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 11:31 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Yeah, I told ya. Sad

Yes I totally get that. Even more reason to use the clicklist.

It's just easier for me to go somewhere else.   Razz
(11-09-2018, 07:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You really need to experience the south store..... just once.   Laughing

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

Well, it's damn annoying that they literally carry different items from each other.  I'm not sure I'd get many usable coupons though. But hey, I might just start using it.
(11-09-2018, 07:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You really need to experience the south store..... just once.  

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

Can't say as I blame you. I don't think North is any better. It's just that I'm getting used to it now.

...and it saves money because there aren't any impulse purchases.

(11-24-2018, 05:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 11:14 AM)Juniper Wrote: OK, South store experienced.   Blink  WTH did I just go through?  Damn those Freddies strores are messed up. And why would I use the clicky app thing?  The South store wasn't even selling common products that I normally buy at the North store.  What a clusterf*ck.

Yeah, I told ya. Sad

Can't say as I blame you. I don't think North is any better. It's just that I'm getting used to it now.

...and it saves money because there aren't any impulse purchases.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapata
I'll check it out.  I stuck to my list for the most part I think today, but yeah, I see things and decide to buy on impulse, but usually stuff I need. Sometimes things I forgot. I'm looking at it and I find it kind of weird.  Maybe I don't know how to use it very well.  
Every time you say "click list" in my head I hear "Click bait".
I think I broke it. (clicklist)
I think the idea behind remodeling the South store was to make it distinct from the North store instead of a smaller identical store. Unfortunately for me, the only reason I went in there was for the electronics section. They eliminated it. Much bigger prepared foods section, but who cares? I don't go out to eat at Freddie's.
(11-25-2018, 06:55 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I think the idea behind remodeling the South store was to make it distinct from the North store instead of a smaller identical store. Unfortunately for me, the only reason I went in there was for the electronics section. They eliminated it. Much bigger prepared foods section, but who cares? I  don't go out to eat at Freddie's.

Oh!  I didn't notice there wasn't an electric supply section. but now that you mention it...

People keep telling me that there is a place in Freddies where you can go and buy wine and drink it there.  I still haven't noticed it at the  North Freddies...they seem to have deli seating, but at the South one it seemed like a big thing and I wondered if that was part of it, that other things were sacrificed for having that.  Serving in alcohol in mundane places has hit our podunk part of southern Oregon.  They serve booze at the movie theater now too.