WE got a free 20# Turky at Fred Meyer
(11-10-2018, 11:09 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 09:35 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Saw this on FB this morning and thought of some of the comments on this thread....
[Image: bb3aa83164705a33642963a3a2f2c6d4.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Neutral That's .... odd.
Is it? I think it's very funny that someone somewhere made a meme out of this issue.

Like what kid ever gave a crap LOL
Takes all kinds. Cool
Got my free turkey today!
[Image: f2defdc0c4d752f2801c175d9240bcbe.jpg]

(11-11-2018, 03:22 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Got my free turkey today!  
[Image: f2defdc0c4d752f2801c175d9240bcbe.jpg]

LOL Big Grin Big Grin
We got our free bird yesterday. On a side note, my wife quit shopping at FM when Winco in GP opened. Now that she returned to FM for the free bird promo she said FM is a crap ton* more expensive than Winco.

*My words, not hers, I think she said, "crazy expensive on everything" compared to winco.

I asked if she thinks we paid overall more for groceries than if she had just shopped at winco and paid for the bird and she said it probably would have been close.

But, I still like the idea of saying we got a free turkey for Thanksgiving even if it was not a huge savings Big Grin
(11-16-2018, 03:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: We got our free bird yesterday. On a side note, my wife quit shopping at FM when Winco in GP opened. Now that she returned to FM for the free bird promo she said FM is a crap ton* more expensive than Winco.

*My words, not hers, I think she said, "crazy expensive on everything" compared to winco.

I asked if she thinks we paid overall more for groceries than if she had just shopped at winco and paid for the bird and she said it probably would have been close.

But, I still like the idea of saying we got a free turkey for Thanksgiving even if it was not a huge savings Big Grin

I found this.... Winner winner, chicken dinner

According to my numbers, WinCo is the cheapest store for conventional foods, with Fred Meyer as a close second. WinCo is about 15 percent cheaper than Fred Meyer and 30 percent more affordable than QFC. PCC only had three items on my conventional list, so it was eliminated from the total bill contest. WinCo didn’t have organic butter or potatoes, so it was eliminated from that contest.

https://www.heraldnet.com/life/shopping-...od-prices/

My wife uses a lot of coupons so I really doubt she is paying 15% more.
(11-16-2018, 03:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: We got our free bird yesterday. On a side note, my wife quit shopping at FM when Winco in GP opened. Now that she returned to FM for the free bird promo she said FM is a crap ton* more expensive than Winco.

Well, with Clicklist you can get your free turkey without leaving your car. That's hard to beat.

(11-16-2018, 04:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I found this.... Winner winner, chicken dinner

According to my numbers, WinCo is the cheapest store for conventional foods, with Fred Meyer as a close second. WinCo is about 15 percent cheaper than Fred Meyer and 30 percent more affordable than QFC. PCC only had three items on my conventional list, so it was eliminated from the total bill contest. WinCo didn’t have organic butter or potatoes, so it was eliminated from that contest.

https://www.heraldnet.com/life/shopping-...od-prices/

My wife uses a lot of coupons so I really doubt she is paying 15% more.
You mean Freddies is a close second all the time?  Because I don't think they are that close to Winco.  And Winco and Food 4 Less are about equal.  It's just what you buy. One has better prices and deals on some things and the other has different deals.  I don't think Freddies is that cheap.  But they aren't as expensive as Safeway.  I haven't been to Cartwrights (?)  I hear they are expensive.  And of course Market of Choice is supposed to be expensive but I've never been there. I always shop the cheap places.