Thousand Oaks shooting
(11-09-2018, 07:56 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 07:38 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Christ, peeps... y'all are making this WAY to difficult! I wad making the point that all of the thoughts and prayers don't mean a damn thing. They won't bring the victims back. And... many times they are empty any way. Just something people say. Or post.

I don't know what the answer is.  I believe in my right to bear arms. But... something has to happen. It's getting ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Public executions?
 Too many of these mass killers don't plan on living anyway. They often take their own life.
There is no "answer" no "solution".
(11-09-2018, 08:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: There is no "answer" no "solution".

Of course there are answers and solutions. People may not want them but they surely exist.
(11-09-2018, 08:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Of course there are answers and solutions. People may not want them but they surely exist.

I'm talking about wing nuts committing mass killings. You can't completely stop it from happening.There's just no way.

If you want to talk about mass killings from firearms then tell me a solution or an "answer".

All I can think of is a total ban on guns. But there are so many guns even then who would expect every single gun to be turned in or eliminated?
(11-09-2018, 08:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm talking about wing nuts committing mass killings. You can't completely stop it from happening.There's just no way.

If you want to talk about mass killings from firearms then tell me a solution or an "answer".

All I can think of is a total ban on guns. But there are so many guns even then who would expect every single gun to be turned in or eliminated?
Well, as I was saying in my post way, way up, I feel like it's almost an illness. A mental illness.  I likened to a zombie like thing...I was not really serious about that, but I do feel like if it's an illness it can change.  That is a solution. I don't know what that is, but I think it's something. I don't know what.  I'm not a religious person, but I do feel like when a society is bound and unified by a central form of thought like religion, there is less of this kind of behavior. People are more unified in behavior and less deviant. It's a sociological thing.
I didn't know that Las Vegas shooting survivors were among those at the Thousand Oaks shooting.

Quote:Survivors of the Las Vegas shooting say they have used the bar as a place to meet up in recent months.

One survivor, Nicholas Champion, said a group of them were at the venue on Wednesday.

"It's the second time in about a year and a month that this has happened," he said in a local television interview. "It's a big thing for us. We're all a big family and unfortunately this family got hit twice."

"Borderline was our safe space," Brendan Kelly, who survived both attacks, told ABC News. "It was our our home for the probably 30 or 45 of us who are all from the greater Ventura County area who were in Vegas."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46150847
Regarding tots and pears...
[Image: d08b45607a06f5a00814bcbd8a801519.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(11-10-2018, 07:54 AM)Juniper Wrote: I didn't know that Las Vegas shooting survivors were among those at the Thousand Oaks shooting.

Quote:Survivors of the Las Vegas shooting say they have used the bar as a place to meet up in recent months.

One survivor, Nicholas Champion, said a group of them were at the venue on Wednesday.

"It's the second time in about a year and a month that this has happened," he said in a local television interview. "It's a big thing for us. We're all a big family and unfortunately this family got hit twice."

"Borderline was our safe space," Brendan Kelly, who survived both attacks, told ABC News. "It was our our home for the probably 30 or 45 of us who are all from the greater Ventura County area who were in Vegas."

I had heard one of the victims killed had been at LV, but not the meetup group. It won't take long before we all know someone involved in one of theses mass shootings.
(11-10-2018, 09:54 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 07:54 AM)Juniper Wrote: I didn't know that Las Vegas shooting survivors were among those at the Thousand Oaks shooting.

I had heard one of the victims killed had been at LV, but not the meetup group. It won't take long before we all know someone involved in one of theses mass shootings.
I came close. A co workers daughter was down the street from the Pennsylvania synagogue shooting.
(11-09-2018, 08:28 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Well, as I was saying in my post way, way up, I feel like it's almost an illness. A mental illness.  I likened to a zombie like thing...I was not really serious about that, but I do feel like if it's an illness it can change.  That is a solution. I don't know what that is, but I think it's something. I don't know what.  I'm not a religious person, but I do feel like when a society is bound and unified by a central form of thought like religion, there is less of this kind of behavior. People are more unified in behavior and less deviant. It's a sociological thing.

if it's an illness it can change.  That is a solution.

In a dreamy fantasy world that doesn't exist.
(11-10-2018, 11:06 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm fairly certain of one thing. If you believe that no solution exists you won't be looking for one and will probably never find one. It almost guarantees that things will never get any better, only worse.
(11-10-2018, 12:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 08:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Of course there are answers and solutions. People may not want them but they surely exist.

I'm fairly certain of one thing. If you believe that no solution exists you won't be looking for one and will probably never find one. It almost guarantees that things will never get any better, only worse.
LOL Really? My own opinion will do all of that? Dude how long have you been reading my comments?
Because by now I would think you would know I'm more logical and analytical than the average bear.
And like Junipers says.. I'm too literal.
You must think I don't care? That's far from true.

Definition of solution 

1a : an action or process of solving a problem

I said.....   I'm talking about wing nuts committing mass killings. You can't completely stop it from happening.There's just no way.

I stand by that and I can't quite understand why you can't understand it. It's a problem that can't be "solved".
There are ways to reduce mass killings but I can't see any possibility that's it a problem that can be "solved"
(11-10-2018, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 08:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:   I'm talking about wing nuts committing mass killings. You can't completely stop it from happening.There's just no way.

LOL Really? My own opinion will do all of that? Dude how long have you been reading my comments?
Because by now I would think you would know I'm more logical and analytical than the average bear.

Definition of solution 

I said.....   I'm talking about wing nuts committing mass killings. You can't completely stop it from happening.There's just no way.

I stand by that and I can't quite understand why you can't understand it. It's a problem that can't be "solved".
There are ways to reduce mass killings but I can't see any possibility that's it a problem that can be "solved"

Calm down. I wasn't specifically directing my response to only you. I mean the general you, us, everybody. And who said anything about stopping every single killing?
(11-10-2018, 02:08 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 08:28 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, as I was saying in my post way, way up, I feel like it's almost an illness. A mental illness.  I likened to a zombie like thing...I was not really serious about that, but I do feel like if it's an illness it can change.  That is a solution. I don't know what that is, but I think it's something. I don't know what.  I'm not a religious person, but I do feel like when a society is bound and unified by a central form of thought like religion, there is less of this kind of behavior. People are more unified in behavior and less deviant. It's a sociological thing.

Definition of solution 

Calm down. I wasn't specifically directing my response to only you. I mean the general you, us, everybody. And who said anything about stopping every single killing?
Well I am calm and you certainly sounded like you were speaking direcrly at me. You said....

If you believe that no solution exists you won't be looking for one.

And who said anything about stopping every single killing?

That's what "SOLUTION" means. That what "solved" means.

All I have said it is a problem that can't be solved.
Well, of course there are solutions. Some might not be solutions that are palatable. Like a complete totalitarian state where all personal freedom is taken away and people are left to just subsist. That's one. I also think just being happier is a solution. I think that there are certainly countries that are higher on the 'happiness' scale that live much more peacefully and contently than we do. So, finding a way to achieve that level of content is another way also. I don't see it happening, but it's not impossible.
(11-10-2018, 02:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 11:06 AM)tvguy Wrote: if it's an illness it can change.  That is a solution.

Definition of solution 

Well I am calm and you certainly sounded like you were speaking direcrly at me. You said....

Next time I'll capitalize YOU when I'm directing my response to only YOU if that helps.

As for your adamant objection to the use of "solution, answer or solve" in this conversation, think of it like this... We are talking about a possible solution to the "frequent" shootings. Not expecting to solve every shooting always and forever. Would that help?
(11-10-2018, 02:30 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, of course there are solutions.  Some might not be solutions that are palatable. Like a complete totalitarian state where all personal freedom is taken away and people are left to just subsist.  That's one.  I also think just being happier is a solution. I think that there are certainly countries that are higher on the 'happiness' scale that live much more peacefully and contently than we do. So, finding a way to achieve that level of content is another way also.  I don't see it happening, but it's not impossible.

Well, of course there are solutions.  Some might not be solutions that are palatable. Like a complete totalitarian state where all personal freedom is taken away and people are left to just subsist.  That's one.

Actually no that's not a solution because it's impossible to make happen. Nor is living happy being happy happiness , being content? happy scale?  or???? I mean what are you smoking today Juniper? Laughing

I defined solution. It means to SOLVE a problem. Sure we could kill everyone in the USA and there wouldn't be any more mass shootings.
I'm talking about a REAL solution.
(11-10-2018, 04:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 12:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm fairly certain of one thing. If you believe that no solution exists you won't be looking for one and will probably never find one. It almost guarantees that things will never get any better, only worse.

Definition of solution 

Next time I'll capitalize YOU when I'm directing my response to only YOU if that helps.

As for your adamant objection to the use of "solution, answer or solve" in this conversation, think of it like this... We are talking about a possible solution to the "frequent" shootings. Not expecting to solve every shooting always and forever. Would that help?

In other words you agree with what I said originally. OK then. Was that so hard Razz
(11-11-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: LOL Really? My own opinion will do all of that? Dude how long have you been reading my comments?

Definition of solution 

In other words you agree with what I said originally. OK then. Was that so hard Razz

Not at all. And let me say how very delighted I am that you have finally caught up to the rest of the conversation.   Razz
(11-11-2018, 06:20 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 02:08 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Calm down. I wasn't specifically directing my response to only you. I mean the general you, us, everybody. And who said anything about stopping every single killing?

Not at all. And let me say how very delighted I am that you have finally caught up to the rest of the conversation.   Razz

Not at all my ass LOL, the conversation was me saying there is no solution and you saying yes there is. But there is NO solution" and I mean that using the definition of the word.. And I shouldn't need a disclaimer.