Thousand Oaks shooting
(11-11-2018, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 06:20 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 04:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 02:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well I am calm and you certainly sounded like you were speaking direcrly at me. You said....

If you believe that no solution exists you won't be looking for one.

And who said anything about stopping every single killing?

That's what "SOLUTION" means. That what "solved" means.

All I have said it is a problem that can't be solved.

Next time I'll capitalize YOU when I'm directing my response to only YOU if that helps.

As for your adamant objection to the use of "solution, answer or solve" in this conversation, think of it like this... We are talking about a possible solution to the "frequent" shootings. Not expecting to solve every shooting always and forever. Would that help?

In other words you agree with what I said originally. OK then. Was that so hard Razz

Not at all. And let me say how very delighted I am that you have finally caught up to the rest of the conversation.   Razz

Not at all my ass LOL, the conversation was me saying there is no solution and you saying yes there is. But there is NO solution" and I mean that using the definition of the word.. And I shouldn't need a disclaimer.

Laughing Laughing   No you don't. You say there is no solution and then your logical and analytical self defines what kind of solution is acceptable. You don't see the audacity of that?
(11-11-2018, 07:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 04:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Next time I'll capitalize YOU when I'm directing my response to only YOU if that helps.

As for your adamant objection to the use of "solution, answer or solve" in this conversation, think of it like this... We are talking about a possible solution to the "frequent" shootings. Not expecting to solve every shooting always and forever. Would that help?

In other words you agree with what I said originally. OK then. Was that so hard Razz

Not at all. And let me say how very delighted I am that you have finally caught up to the rest of the conversation.   Razz

Not at all my ass LOL, the conversation was me saying there is no solution and you saying yes there is. But there is NO solution" and I mean that using the definition of the word.. And I shouldn't need a disclaimer.

Laughing Laughing   No you don't. You say there is no solution and then your logical and analytical self defines what kind of solution is acceptable. You don't see the audacity of that?

No but I see a lot of humor in how for whatever reason you can't accept a fact.

I didn't define "solution"  It's in the dictionary. It means to "solve" a problem. And I didn't define "solve" either.
(11-11-2018, 08:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: In other words you agree with what I said originally. OK then. Was that so hard Razz

I didn't define "solution"  It's in the dictionary. It means to "solve" a problem. And I didn't define "solve" either.

I'll have to repeat my last comment...

"You say there is no solution and then your logical and analytical self defines what kind of solution is acceptable. You don't see the audacity of that?"

Just because you don't like a solution or believe it is politically realistic doesn't define it as not a solution. You need to make your case against it. I'll probably agree with you.
(11-11-2018, 08:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 06:20 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Not at all. And let me say how very delighted I am that you have finally caught up to the rest of the conversation.   Razz

"You say there is no solution and then your logical and analytical self defines what kind of solution is acceptable. You don't see the audacity of that?"

Just because you don't like a solution or believe it is politically realistic doesn't define it as not a solution. You need to make your case against it. I'll probably agree with you.

Crazy bastards killing people is a problem that can't be solved. All that can be done is to take measures to stop some people.

2+2 is a problem that can be solved. When I go fishing sometimes I snag my gear and I have to break the line.
That's a problem that can't be solved.
I guess you must think if I brought SCUBA gear I could solve the problem. But that's ridiculous so being reasonable
( and I am) I and everyone else will just accept the fact that this is a problem you deal with and don't solve.

Exactly like any idea of what you might want to call a solution to mass killings with guns.

So valuesize asked SD if he had a "solution" to this problem. I said there is no solution.

I thought the definition of the word made what I said clear. It should.
(11-12-2018, 02:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: Not at all my ass LOL, the conversation was me saying there is no solution and you saying yes there is. But there is NO solution" and I mean that using the definition of the word.. And I shouldn't need a disclaimer.

Crazy bastards killing people is a problem that can't be solved. All that can be done is to take measures to stop some people.

2+2 is a problem that can be solved. When I go fishing sometimes I snag my gear and I have to break the line.
I guess you must think if I brought SCUBA gear I could solve the problem. But that's ridiculous so being reasonable
( and I am) I and everyone else will just accept the fact that this is a problem you deal with and don't solve.

Exactly like any idea of what you might want to call a solution to mass killings with guns.

So valuesize asked SD if he had a "solution" to this problem. I said there is no solution.

I'm not sure I agree. I think it's a behavior that stems from very deep frustration and unhappiness that is permeating society.  Now I don't know what the solution is to that, but I don't think it's a problem that cannot be solved.  I don't have the solution, but I think it could change. I believe it's like an illness and illnesses can be cured. Find the cure is the challenge.
(11-11-2018, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: Not at all my ass LOL, the conversation was me saying there is no solution and you saying yes there is. But there is NO solution" and I mean that using the definition of the word.. And I shouldn't need a disclaimer.

It's plain you and I don't agree here. I see no point in circling back around yet again.
(11-12-2018, 05:57 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 07:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Laughing Laughing   No you don't. You say there is no solution and then your logical and analytical self defines what kind of solution is acceptable. You don't see the audacity of that?

I'm not sure I agree. I think it's a behavior that stems from very deep frustration and unhappiness that is permeating society.  Now I don't know what the solution is to that, but I don't think it's a problem that cannot be solved.  I don't have the solution, but I think it could change. I believe it's like an illness and illnesses can be cured. Find the cure is the challenge.
 There's no cure for mental all illness and even if there was what makes you think they would all be diagnosed cured before they started killing?
Besides I don't think it's always because of mental illness. It can be from pure hatred.

Think about the las Vegas shooter. He was a college grad and rich. No one to this day know why he did what he did.
So how could he have been stopped.
(11-12-2018, 08:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 07:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Laughing Laughing   No you don't. You say there is no solution and then your logical and analytical self defines what kind of solution is acceptable. You don't see the audacity of that?

It's plain you and I don't agree here. I see no point in circling back around yet again.

That's fine Big Grin
Rep. Swalwell wants to buy back guns.  Below he how he wants to deal with resisters.
[Image: fc0c135d40de5a37cd0e52c93cab31f6.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Image: fec299071e9d05c84c2503eabc10b885.jpg]

Molon Labe

Got to love liberal gun experts[Image: a3cc0af3c8dd5c83cae07e7e7d5541e6.jpg]

(11-17-2018, 10:25 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: Got to love liberal gun experts[Image: a3cc0af3c8dd5c83cae07e7e7d5541e6.jpg]

What am I supposed to be seeing?
(11-17-2018, 03:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 10:25 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: Got to love liberal gun experts[Image: a3cc0af3c8dd5c83cae07e7e7d5541e6.jpg]

A big ass red arrow. Everybody that knows anything about guns knows they don't have big ass red arrows! They're guns not bows!   Razz
(11-17-2018, 04:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 03:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

A big ass red arrow. Everybody that knows anything about guns knows they don't have big ass red arrows! They're guns not bows!   Razz
Big Grin Well I'm lost. It the round supposed to be in the magazine backwards?