local news reports on Facebook
How many remember that this Forum was originally from the Medford mail Tribune's forum where people commented on news events that were in the paper?
And that eventually the MMT didn't want to be a part of all the ugliness that came out when people disagreed about whatever.
The one I remember was when a local hunter got shot.
And I think the GP forum went down for the same reason as well as others.

I think it's funny that now channel 10 ,12 and 5 all post news articles and of course the same thing happens today.
Not to mention some other FB groups.

Some who moderate don't seem to care what people say other than threats of violence or REALLY nasty people. And there really aren't too many like that.
Others ( one I got booted from) won't even allow a post unless it approved by their dictator owner and actually says "information only. no debating".

The ones with the most members are the ones with the least restrictions. That says something IMO.
It's true. The main door to post in the forum was the news and there was lots of debate. But for every trollish or assholish and inane ones, there were many insightful ones and ones that incited good discussion. The James thread went on for like 62 pages or so...Nuts!
FB is different. It's not so much about discussion as having a personal soap box.
(12-02-2018, 08:00 PM)Juniper Wrote: FB is different. It's not so much about discussion as having a personal soap box.

As an individual, true. But that's why I usually argue in groups, not with the individuals I know.
(12-03-2018, 07:24 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 08:00 PM)Juniper Wrote: FB is different. It's not so much about discussion as having a personal soap box.

As an individual, true. But that's why I usually argue in groups, not with the individuals I know.

I think individuals in the groups are mostly blowhards with a few exceptions.
(12-03-2018, 09:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Huh?  Every person in a group is an individual. you , me....
(12-03-2018, 09:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 09:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Huh?  Every person in a group is an individual. you , me....

Maybe we should establish first that we're still referring to FB.   Laughing Smiling