Help 2 :(
My wife said she saw a flame and smoke coming from the top center (inside) of the overhead Microwave. Is fixable? or history?
(12-25-2018, 07:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My wife said she saw a flame and smoke coming from the top center (inside) of the overhead Microwave. Is fixable? or history?

It is a physical impossibility to re-install the magic smoke once it's escaped from an electrical or electronic device. Do not go back, go forward.   Razz
(12-25-2018, 07:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My wife said she saw a flame and smoke coming from the top center (inside) of the overhead Microwave. Is fixable? or history?

Are you sure there was nothing metal inside during the incident?
(12-25-2018, 09:30 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Positive. My wife said so.  Embarrassed
No. You’re screwed. Pull out the crockpot.
(12-25-2018, 11:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 09:30 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Positive. My wife said so.  Embarrassed

The touch screen went out on our over the range microwave, the oem part cost double the cost of a new microwave! However, did some internet research found a vid showing step by step how to replace just the screen with a $40 part. Worked like a charm, took me about 45 mins. Point being, unless you dig into it yourself and find aftermarket parts, chances are a new unit will cost you a lot less.
Hell no LOL. It needs a new flux capacitor. Too expensive.
Thanks all.  Big Grin