Goodbye Sears
It was only a matter of time. And Sears' time in Medford is up this March. I've always gravitated to Sears for appliances and tools... nothing else. But they simply can't compete anymore. Lowes is now the Craftsman distributor. Most major appliances are internally the same.

All in all, I will miss Sears. It's a part of my youth... like JC Penney's and Montgomery Ward.
I never understood the idea of buying clothes and stuff there.
You're right tools and appliances and lawnmowers.
I read yesterday that Corvallis is losing their Kmart. Albany lost Sears a few years ago. They put in a "neighborhood store" and I've heard it's a waste of mall space. Sears/Kmart has been spiraling for years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I can't say I shopped there much, but I like Sears because it was one of those old school stores that isn't the size of 5 football fields, with glaring flourescent lights and blaring music and completely overstimulating. On FB some people are saying it's been chopped because of crime. I disagree. But I will miss it being there.
(12-30-2018, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I read yesterday that Corvallis is losing their Kmart. Albany lost Sears a few years ago. They put in a "neighborhood store" and I've heard it's a waste of mall space. Sears/Kmart has been spiraling for years.

What's a neighborhood store?
Dammit I hate to see Sears go. It always amazed me at how I could drive right up to the back door (Gardening and tools entrance) and there's always a parking space like 30 feet from the door.

I bought some spray nozzles for garden hoses a LONG time ago and I have been returning them for a free new one ever since LOL. I have two on the floor of my car in case I go by Sears. I have been by Sears several times and forgot about them. I guess I should hang one off my rear views window like a dream catcher
If anyone knows of a spray nozzle that actually last let me know. As far as I know there's no such thing.
(12-30-2018, 12:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Dammit I hate to see Sears go. It always amazed me at how I could drive right up to the back door (Gardening and tools entrance) and there's always a parking space like 30 feet from the door.

I bought some spray nozzles for garden hoses a LONG time ago and I have been returning them for a free new one ever since LOL. I have two on the floor of my car in case I go by Sears. I have been by Sears several times and forgot about them. I guess I should hang one off my rear views window like a dream catcher
If anyone knows of a spray nozzle that actually last let me know. As far as I know there's no such thing.

Well now we know why they went under... it was you and your damn spray nozzles!
(12-30-2018, 01:19 PM)GCG Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 12:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: Dammit I hate to see Sears go. It always amazed me at how I could drive right up to the back door (Gardening and tools entrance) and there's always a parking space like 30 feet from the door.

Laughing Laughing

Your thumb?   Razz
(12-30-2018, 01:19 PM)GCG Wrote:

I took a couple in to get news ones in the winter. The guy said all that stuff is put away until spring. I said then why good is your replacement agreement?
So he talked to someone, they went away and came back with a couple spray nozzles that were a lot better and more expensive than what I had been returning.
So ever since they have been giving me the good ones LOL.

Also you can fond ANY rusty ass old Craftsman tool, or broken at yard sales for a buck or two and return it to Sears for a new one.
I took and old dull rusty axe with a split handle in and got a brand new one with a fiberglass handle Laughing Laughing
(12-30-2018, 02:24 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Your thumb?   Razz

Then when I was done I would have to walk back to turn of the faucet. I have four hose bibs and close to 400 ft of hose.
I live on a desert. In the summer I have to have water on trickling to something almost all the time.
I need to totally redo my drip system.
(12-30-2018, 11:34 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I read yesterday that Corvallis is losing their Kmart. Albany lost Sears a few years ago. They put in a "neighborhood store" and I've heard it's a waste of mall space. Sears/Kmart has been spiraling for years.

What's a neighborhood store?
"Hole-in-the-wall" sized... a few appliances.