First rant of 2019
I needed to mail something this morning, had no stamp. I drive by a post office most every day, so I stopped in to buy a stamp and mail the letter. The ladies computer would not ring up the stamp, she tried at least 5 different sheets to try and ring up a stamp, No dice. She said "it must have something to do with the new year, I'm sorry but I wont be able to sell you stamp until my boss comes in and figures this out"
Do you think I could leave 50 cents and get a stamp and they ring up the transaction later when it's fixed?? Of fucking course not...because that would ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL.

It is 2019 and FOR FUCKS SAKE, THE GD POST OFFICE CANNOT SELL ME A MOFO STAMP!!!

It is no wonder they continue to be broke and inept.

Serenity Now
I think that's rant worthy.
(01-02-2019, 12:02 PM)GPnative Wrote: I needed to mail something this morning, had no stamp. I drive by a post office most every day, so I stopped in to buy a stamp and mail the letter. The ladies computer would not ring up the stamp, she tried at least 5 different sheets to try and  ring up a stamp, No dice. She said "it must have something to do with the new year, I'm sorry but I wont be able to sell you stamp until my boss comes in and figures this out"
Do you think I could leave 50 cents and get a stamp and they ring up the transaction later when it's fixed?? Of fucking course not...because that would ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL.

It is 2019 and FOR FUCKS SAKE, THE GD POST OFFICE CANNOT SELL ME A MOFO STAMP!!!

It is no wonder they continue to be broke and inept.

Serenity Now
People are so fucking cowardly. My guess is the boss showed up and thought the same as you.

I think that explains where and why the term going postal came from. I might have gone to jail over that Laughing
But I'm damn glad we still have 'em.   Laughing Big Grin 

The post office that is.
ID10T!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
On this subject.
There was a guy who went in to a federal office. DMV maybe. I think to get his drivers license changed to a new state.

The employee looked at his license that was from New Mexico and said she couldn't accept it because there is no such thing as New Mexico.
And even better... her immediate supervisor agreed LOL

What do they teach in schools now?
(01-02-2019, 08:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: On this subject.
There was a guy who went in to a federal office. DMV maybe. I think to get his drivers license changed to a new state.

The employee looked at his license that was from New Mexico and said she couldn't accept it because there is no such thing as New Mexico.

That doesn't really surprise me. It does but it doesn't if you get my meaning. But I don't think it is necessarily a problem of the government service sector alone. I've seen astonishingly stupid people in a lot of job sectors. Even in jobs that you would think would require at least a modicum of intelligence like business management, engineering and the like.
(01-02-2019, 08:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: On this subject.

Surprised Laughing
I was going to post this on the Craigslist thread.

But this is more of a rant..

This pisses me off that anyone is this arrogantly stupid. Worn out tires with uneven wear BUT!!! look how black and shiny the sides look. That's no 40 %. It's more like 20% and 20% is when you are supposed to buy new tires.

265x70-17 Falken Wildpeak A/T Tires - $350 (Medford)  unhide

image 2 of 3
[Image: 00w0w_iIF5DwTObaq_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00J0J_arPUMdcoucL_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00606_baaDNmfTwnE_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00w0w_iIF5DwTObaq_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00J0J_arPUMdcoucL_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00606_baaDNmfTwnE_50x50c.jpg]

craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap
(google map)
Set of four Falken Wildpeak A/T tires - 265x70-17

Tires have about 40% tread on them, light wear on the inside edge on all four due to an alignment issue.

Great tires, will consider any trades related to outdoor or shooting activities.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
(01-02-2019, 09:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: I was going to post this on the Craigslist thread.

This pisses me off that anyone is this arrogantly stupid. Worn out tires with uneven wear BUT!!! look how black and shiny the sides look. That's no 40 %. It's more like 20% and 20% is when you are supposed to buy new tires.

image 2 of 3

[Image: 00w0w_iIF5DwTObaq_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00J0J_arPUMdcoucL_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00606_baaDNmfTwnE_50x50c.jpg]

(google map)

Tires have about 40% tread on them, light wear on the inside edge on all four due to an alignment issue.

Great tires, will consider any trades related to outdoor or shooting activities.
Tire stores sell used tires. I don't know what they set the limit at.
(01-02-2019, 09:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: I was going to post this on the Craigslist thread.

Yes, Used tire sellers on CL deserves a rant. I've been keeping an eye out for a set for an SUV we have that is driven less than 3,000 miles a year. Mostly in the summer months when we are recreating. Ads like this are common, someone trying to sell their worn out garbage sets. The last set I bought used several years ago worked out great, decent tires mounted on rims, paid $300 for the set, then sold the rims for $150 Smiling
(01-02-2019, 11:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:

image 2 of 3

(google map)

Tire stores sell used tires. I don't know what they set the limit at.
Sure there is nothing wrong with buying used tires. I don't know of any store that would sell tires that are this worn down. I can tell by looking that's not 40% of the tread remaining.

The limit is 20%. For instance a standard car tire new has a tread depth of 10/32. When it's worn down to 2/32 it's time to buy new tires.
(01-03-2019, 08:00 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Yes, Used tire sellers on CL deserves a rant. I've been keeping an eye out for a set for an SUV we have that is driven less than 3,000 miles a year. Mostly in the summer months when we are recreating. Ads like this are common, someone trying to sell their worn out garbage sets. The last set I bought used several years ago worked out great, decent tires mounted on rims, paid $300 for the set, then sold the rims for $150 Smiling
I have bought and sold more tires and wheels than you would believe LOL.
Tell me what size you need and I will keep my eyes peeled.

paid $300 for the set, then sold the rims for $150

Many many times I have bought tires and wheels and got all my money back selling just the wheels or just the tires.
(01-03-2019, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Many many times I have bought tires and wheels and got all my money back selling just the wheels or just the tires.

31x10.5x15
(01-03-2019, 03:45 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

31x10.5x15
OK I'll remember that. It's a very popular size.