Poll: See Original Post
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
28.57%
2 28.57%
No
14.29%
1 14.29%
At strategic locations only
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hypothetical Wall Poll
If money was no issue, let's say a rich benefactor was going to pay for it in full. And let's also say through a cosmic miracle that partisan politics were not involved, would you be in favor of a southern border wall?
No.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Interesting question. I'm not against a wall. I'm just not for Trump's wall.
(01-11-2019, 12:53 PM)Juniper Wrote: Interesting question.  I'm not against a wall.  I'm just not for Trump's wall.

That's interesting, What's the difference between a wall and Trump's wall?

So for the record, based on how the poll was worded, you would answer Yes. I was clear to say putting politics aside. Because really, it should matter not if you are a D or R, but answering as a citizen of the USA, do you personally favor a wall or not?
You need to define what sort of wall. Is it trumps 3,000 mile wall. Then no.

If you're asking about selective, strategically placed sections of barriers or even walls where they will actually be demonstrably effective, I'd be OK with that. It would need to be shown to be cost effective and environmentally sound. I won't even care if it steel or concrete. Razz

But we do that already.
Why are you discriminating against the Northern border? The question is racist and political by definition.
And by the way, you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends, though we kick them in the Nuts.
And it is a poll.
(01-11-2019, 02:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Why are you discriminating against the Northern border? The question is racist and political by definition.
And by the way, you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends, though we kick them in the Nuts.
And it is a poll.

ok, that would be a NO for you, so click the GD poll button above.
(01-11-2019, 01:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You need to define what sort of wall. Is it trumps 3,000 mile wall. Then no.

If you're asking about selective, strategically placed sections of barriers or even walls where they will actually be demonstrably effective, I'd be OK with that. It would need to be shown to be cost effective and environmentally sound. I won't even care if it steel or concrete. Razz

But we do that already.

Yes, for the sake of conversation, a wall along the entire border, no wall at all, or strategic walls are the poll choices.
And wall could mean any sort of a not easily crossed barrier. Hell, it could be a moat patrolled by sharks. Razz Wink
(01-11-2019, 01:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You need to define what sort of wall. Is it trumps 3,000 mile wall. Then no.

But we do that already.

Like he said.. cept we don't do that enough already Smiling
(01-11-2019, 02:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Why are you discriminating against the Northern border? The question is racist and political by definition.
And it is a poll.

Seriously we don't have an issue with illegals coming form the north.

Also It's absurd to claim it's racist. IMO we have too many illegals already and we have to put a stop to it sooner or later.
I would feel the same if all those from the south coming here were snow white.

Also I'm in favor of giving citizenship to all of the establishes illegals who are alterable here. Would a racist feel that way?

you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends.

None of my friends sneak in to my yard and set up camp.

Also we already have am immigration program. WE allow one million in to this country every year.

(01-11-2019, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
And it is a poll.

Also It's absurd to claim it's racist. IMO we have too many illegals already and we have to put a stop to it sooner or later.

Also I'm in favor of giving citizenship to all of the establishes illegals who are alterable here. Would a racist feel that way?

you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends.

Also we already have am immigration program. WE allow one million in to this country every year.

Ally. But last I looked Mexico was not our enemy.
(01-11-2019, 04:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
And it is a poll.

You lost me. What do you mean? Who said they were our enemy?
(01-11-2019, 04:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
And it is a poll.

I inferred from your comment the reverse of friend.  They are our allies. Supposedly our friends.  So, I inferred Mexico is not?
(01-11-2019, 04:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:
And it is a poll.

I inferred from your comment the reverse of friend.  They are our allies. Supposedly our friends.  So, I inferred Mexico is not?
Well I certainly didn't mean to imply that. 

What I meant was MY "friends" don't do anything to me that costs me money. Illegal immigrants do cost taxpayers. 
The amount is certainly arguable but IMO it's a fact.

Great Britain is our ally (friend) If they had been coming across our border illegally for decades and we knew there were already 12 to 20 million living here. I would want to stop them also.
It has zero to do with whether or not a country is our ally.
I don't view Mexico as our ally at all. Nor do I equate "friend" with "ally."
(01-11-2019, 06:03 PM)GCG Wrote: I don't view Mexico as our ally at all. Nor do I equate "friend" with "ally."

Yeah allies are usually about military. I don't know how we got stuck on Mexico. What about all the Central American countries?
(01-11-2019, 06:03 PM)GCG Wrote: I don't view Mexico as our ally at all. Nor do I equate "friend" with "ally."

You  didn't vote did you?

I don't really view them as our ally either.
(01-11-2019, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 04:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: Seriously we don't have an issue with illegals coming form the north.

Well I certainly didn't mean to imply that. 

What I meant was MY "friends" don't do anything to me that costs me money. Illegal immigrants do cost taxpayers. 
The amount is certainly arguable but IMO it's a fact.

Great Britain is our ally (friend) If they had been coming across our border illegally for decades and we knew there were already 12 to 20 million living here. I would want to stop them also.
It has zero to do with whether or not a country is our ally.

I didn't think you were saying that.
(01-11-2019, 06:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You  didn't vote did you?

Nope. Unless better people start running for office, I will never vote again. I plead the George Carlin defense: "I didn't vote so don't blame me for the sorry state of our government."