Rain sucks winter sucks cold sucks
(01-21-2019, 11:33 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:28 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 10:46 AM)GPnative Wrote: I'm not so sure your liver will appreciate an Aleve/Tylenol combo.

the combination does not increase any level of irritation to the liver.  Tylenol on it's own will do that.

from the Mayo Clinic:

Over-the-counter pain relievers. Nonprescription pain relievers such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve, others) can damage your liver, especially if taken frequently or combined with alcohol.
Right.  But not specifically from combining them.  I know frequency is an issue though. We were talking about OTC meds, and really those two are it. And asprin.
(01-21-2019, 10:46 AM)GPnative Wrote: I'm not so sure your liver will appreciate an Aleve/Tylenol combo.

the combination does not increase any level of irritation to the liver.  Tylenol on it's own will do that.

from the Mayo Clinic:

Over-the-counter pain relievers. Nonprescription pain relievers such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen (Aleve, others) can damage your liver, especially if taken frequently or combined with alcohol.

That's my understanding. One guy I worked with damn near killed himself with OTC pain meds. He got to the hospital in time but he never worked again.

I've managed my chronic back pain with moderate stretching and exercise, acupuncture, anti-inflammatory herbs and diet. I don't think any one thing would work by itself but the combined result has been effective for me. My pain is generally minimal, I've avoided the knife and I can still do my own yard work. It's good that I don't get payed piece rate for that though.   Razz 

I've been surprised by the anti-inflammatory effects of some common foods. When I feel my back start to twinge I just eat a handful of walnuts and that usually works... unless I'm doing something stupid.   Embarrassed
(01-21-2019, 11:52 AM)Juniper Wrote:

from the Mayo Clinic:

Right.  But not specifically from combining them.  I know frequency is an issue though. We were talking about OTC meds, and really those two are it. And asprin.

Splitting hairs here, ok, not technically the act of combining them is any more of an issue than not, however, the issue of overall dosing from both is in play and cumulatively they both add up to potentially harm your liver.
(01-21-2019, 12:13 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:52 AM)Juniper Wrote:

from the Mayo Clinic:

Splitting hairs here, ok, not technically the act of combining them is any more of an issue than not, however, the issue of overall dosing from both is in play and cumulatively they both add up to potentially harm your liver.
It's very commonly recommended by doctors.  You responded to the combo part. I dont' think it's splitting hairs to be specific. People are taking OTC everyday for joint pain. The liver damage part is commonly mentioned as a potential side effect of EACH medication on it's own.  I think the thing is, in order to be functional people have to choose between OTC and very expensive and also risky big pharm medication. Tylenol has long been associated with liver function issues. It's why you should never take Tylenol for a hangover. My guess is that if I had just said, "I take Aleve for pain.", no one would have said a word.

It should be OK as long as you dilute it with a lot of alcohol. Razz
(01-20-2019, 06:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 04:32 PM)Juniper Wrote: It's not the rain I dislike.  But it causes me terrible pain.  When it's damp my pain level soars.  Yesterday I couldn't even manage walking through a store.  On a level of 1 through 10 I think I would have said that while walking it was about a 7 or 8.

I know I have asked before. I don't remember the answer but have you tried smoking CBD oil?

No.  I've never gone to one of those places.
Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.
The last pen we bought was only 15 bucks and it works great. You buy the CBD oil in a small glass capsule I thing it's about $25 for a half gram.
There are other ways than vaping.

My wife says it works but only for 20 minutes so I asked why not get the kind you ingest. At which point she yelled at me. Rolling Eyes
She says she buys OTC anti inflammatory stuff that works better. But I think it all depends on the individual.

So, you're saying that any old ecig would work for CBD?  But if it doesn't work that great....?

BTW, does your wife know the Aleve/Tylenol trick? Taking Aleve and Arthritis strength Tylenol works better than one product alone.

Ironically, the thing that works BEST for me is going to the gym and using the eliptical, the treadmill and cycle and leg weight equipment. That gives me more longterm relief than anything I've ingested or applied.

So, you're saying that any old ecig would work for CBD?

No I'm saying the vape pen for THC or CBD is only 15 bucks. I don't know anything about ecigs

But if it doesn't work that great....? Like I said.....Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.
(01-21-2019, 11:03 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 04:32 PM)Juniper Wrote: It's not the rain I dislike.  But it causes me terrible pain.  When it's damp my pain level soars.  Yesterday I couldn't even manage walking through a store.  On a level of 1 through 10 I think I would have said that while walking it was about a 7 or 8.

I know I have asked before. I don't remember the answer but have you tried smoking CBD oil?

Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.
The last pen we bought was only 15 bucks and it works great. You buy the CBD oil in a small glass capsule I thing it's about $25 for a half gram.

My wife says it works but only for 20 minutes so I asked why not get the kind you ingest. At which point she yelled at me. Rolling Eyes
She says she buys OTC anti inflammatory stuff that works better. But I think it all depends on the individual.

Proving she would benefit from additional ingestion of CBD Wink Razz

My wife and I have been experimenting with CBD products and the results have been very positive. My wife suffers from chronic shoulder pain, and combo of edibles, topicals and smoking CBD products have provided her some relief.
I enjoy the AC/DC strain to help alleviate stress. There is no question it provides a sense of calm after a hectic work day. I get the benefit of calm but no high, so I can still be an alert and attentive evening Dad.

Havn't tried vaping yet but certainly intend to. But W/ the cost of the bud at $3/gr. it's hard not to just go that route.
I'm sure you are getting your CBD the most inexpensive way. But I was and still am shocked at how many hits you actually get off of a vape pen loaded with a gram or half a gram.
It's why a guy like me with an absurd amount of bud still buys THC oil. Razz The other thing to consider is I think vaping is better for you than smoking. It sure its cleaner, no smelly pipe with resin that builds up, no ashes
And 3 bucks a gram is still 84 bucks an ounce.
(01-21-2019, 03:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: I know I have asked before. I don't remember the answer but have you tried smoking CBD oil?

My wife and I have been experimenting with CBD products and the results have been very positive. My wife suffers from chronic shoulder pain, and combo of edibles, topicals and smoking CBD products have provided her some relief.
I enjoy the AC/DC strain to help alleviate stress. There is no question it provides a sense of calm after a hectic work day. I get the benefit of calm but no high, so I can still be an alert and attentive evening Dad.

Havn't tried vaping yet but certainly intend to. But W/ the cost of the bud at $3/gr. it's hard not to just go that route.
I'm sure you are getting your CBD the most inexpensive way. But I was and still am shocked at how many hits you actually get off of a vape pen loaded with a gram or half a gram.
It's why a guy like me with an absurd amount of bud still buys THC oil. Razz The other thing to consider is I think vaping is better for you than smoking. It sure its cleaner, no smelly pipe with resin that builds up, no ashes

Can't argue with you there and fully intend to transition to vaping it instead of smoking it. I just know so little about it and haven't shopped it around yet to compare, the initial investment where I went I think was somewhere in the $60/$70 range for the oil and a vape pen, battery, burner, whatever the hell you call the thing that actually provides the heat.  A bit more than I wanted to spend on that particular day, since I can leave there with a couple of grams for < $10.
(01-21-2019, 03:39 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: No.  I've never gone to one of those places.

Can't argue with you there and fully intend to transition to vaping it instead of smoking it. I just know so little about it and haven't shopped it around yet to compare, the initial investment where I went I think was somewhere in the $60/$70 range for the oil and a vape pen, battery, burner, whatever the hell you call the thing that actually provides the heat.  A bit more than I wanted to spend on that particular day, since I can leave there with a couple of grams for < $10.

This is the one my wife bought for 15 bucks with a senior discount. It works great. The Chinese must be pumping out millions of these. There are even cheaper ones.
I think it's a good bet that CBD oil will  be a LOT cheaper as more and more people grow hemp until the market is saturated just like THC.

[Image: DuuWzFBX4AEsxzr.jpg]
(01-21-2019, 04:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.

This is the one my wife bought for 15 bucks with a senior discount. It works great. The Chinese must be pumping out millions of these. There are even cheaper ones.
I think it's a good bet that CBD oil will  be a LOT cheaper as more and more people grow hemp until the market is saturated just like THC.

We have loads of regular ecigs around here.  That's why I asked about that specifically. My daughter doesn't vape.
(01-21-2019, 05:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:03 AM)GPnative Wrote: Proving she would benefit from additional ingestion of CBD Wink Razz

We have loads of regular ecigs around here.  That's why I asked about that specifically. My daughter doesn't vape.
I have no idea if you can but a THC or CDB oil cartridge in a ecig thingamabob

But the pen is the cheap part, the cartridge is the most money.
What's interesting, and to me just proves my theory on the weather making my joints hurt, I feel great today.
East coast folks would LOL at this thread. On a day like today they'd be sunbathing.
(01-21-2019, 10:08 PM)tornado Wrote: East coast folks would LOL at this thread. On a day like today they'd be sunbathing.

Well, this thread wasn't about today.
(01-21-2019, 12:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Aleve and Tylenol together?
Where did you learn that?
I’m not supposed to take aleve.
The doc has my husband take 2 tylenol and 3 ibuprofen every 4 hours when his Degenerative Disc Disease is really bothering him bad. But it's not something one would want to do often.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Proving she would benefit from additional ingestion of CBD Wink

I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

(01-22-2019, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

"Benefits may include: Healthy Lifestyle" and all it takes is a pill.

Sounds easy.   Laughing
(01-22-2019, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

Sounds easy.   Laughing

Yes, this is the kind of labeling the FDA will have a field day with. Some of these companies are going to have a rude awakening when it comes to claims that can and cannot be made.
(01-22-2019, 12:13 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Sounds easy.   Laughing

Yes, this is the kind of labeling the FDA will have a field day with. Some of these companies are going to have a rude awakening when it comes to claims that can and cannot be made.

I don't think whomever made these claims will have any problems. It says Benefits "MAY" include....
(01-22-2019, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: I know I have asked before. I don't remember the answer but have you tried smoking CBD oil?

Proving she would benefit from additional ingestion of CBD Wink

I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

I would not give up on CBD until I had vaped it. Then you can feel the effect immediately. Maybe you just expected more. When I smoked it I barely felt anything.
But when I got up and walked my legs felt kind of tired and relaxed . I think the reactions people get varies.