Rain sucks winter sucks cold sucks
(01-22-2019, 03:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:03 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: No.  I've never gone to one of those places.
Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.
The last pen we bought was only 15 bucks and it works great. You buy the CBD oil in a small glass capsule I thing it's about $25 for a half gram.
There are other ways than vaping.

My wife says it works but only for 20 minutes so I asked why not get the kind you ingest. At which point she yelled at me. Rolling Eyes
She says she buys OTC anti inflammatory stuff that works better. But I think it all depends on the individual.

Proving she would benefit from additional ingestion of CBD Wink

My wife and I have been experimenting with CBD products and the results have been very positive. My wife suffers from chronic shoulder pain, and combo of edibles, topicals and smoking CBD products have provided her some relief.
I enjoy the AC/DC strain to help alleviate stress. There is no question it provides a sense of calm after a hectic work day. I get the benefit of calm but no high, so I can still be an alert and attentive evening Dad.

Havn't tried vaping yet but certainly intend to. But W/ the cost of the bud at $3/gr. it's hard not to just go that route.
I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would not give up on CBD until I had vaped it. Then you can feel the effect immediately. Maybe you just expected more. When I smoked it I barely felt anything.
But when I got up and walked my legs felt kind of tired and relaxed . I think the reactions people get varies.
I don't think I can vape. If it's anything at all like smoking... my lungs can't handle inhaling something more than air (even air is hard sometimes).

(01-22-2019, 03:34 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.
The last pen we bought was only 15 bucks and it works great. You buy the CBD oil in a small glass capsule I thing it's about $25 for a half gram.

My wife says it works but only for 20 minutes so I asked why not get the kind you ingest. At which point she yelled at me. Rolling Eyes
She says she buys OTC anti inflammatory stuff that works better. But I think it all depends on the individual.

My wife and I have been experimenting with CBD products and the results have been very positive. My wife suffers from chronic shoulder pain, and combo of edibles, topicals and smoking CBD products have provided her some relief.
I enjoy the AC/DC strain to help alleviate stress. There is no question it provides a sense of calm after a hectic work day. I get the benefit of calm but no high, so I can still be an alert and attentive evening Dad.

Havn't tried vaping yet but certainly intend to. But W/ the cost of the bud at $3/gr. it's hard not to just go that route.
I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

I would not give up on CBD until I had vaped it. Then you can feel the effect immediately. Maybe you just expected more. When I smoked it I barely felt anything.
But when I got up and walked my legs felt kind of tired and relaxed . I think the reactions people get varies.
I don't think I can vape. If it's anything at all like smoking... my lungs can't handle inhaling something more than air (even air is hard sometimes).

Then you are probably better off with edibles. It actually not anything like smoking. When you vape nothing is burning and what you inhale and exhale is not smoke, it a vapor.
But it still makes me cough if I'm not careful and I take too big of a hit.
(01-22-2019, 03:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 12:13 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

"Benefits may include: Healthy Lifestyle" and all it takes is a pill.

Sounds easy.   Laughing

Yes, this is the kind of labeling the FDA will have a field day with. Some of these companies are going to have a rude awakening when it comes to claims that can and cannot be made.

I don't think whomever made these claims will have any problems. It says Benefits "MAY" include....

It is a lot more involved than that. There are specific labeling rules pertaining to structure/function claims and using the word "may" does not necessarily satisfy FDA requirements. (The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA) I did look this up to see if they included the necessary FDA disclaimer and they did, on the back. So they have that going for them.
(01-22-2019, 03:56 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I went to the pot shop with a friend Saturday before last. I ended up with a trial packet of Hemp Bombs. I took them for anxiety and sleep. Didn't do a thing for me.[Image: edafe821b7f24af1ad7a8ea14ccdfc7c.jpg]

"Benefits may include: Healthy Lifestyle" and all it takes is a pill.

Sounds easy.   Laughing

Yes, this is the kind of labeling the FDA will have a field day with. Some of these companies are going to have a rude awakening when it comes to claims that can and cannot be made.

I don't think whomever made these claims will have any problems. It says Benefits "MAY" include....

It is a lot more involved than that. There are specific labeling rules pertaining to structure/function claims and using the word "may" does not necessarily satisfy FDA requirements. (The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA) I did look this up to see if they included the necessary FDA disclaimer and they did, on the back. So they have that going for them.
Well I looked at the reviews for this particular product and this as well as CBD in general appears to actually do exactly what the labels claim.
Apparently just not for everyone.
(01-22-2019, 04:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 10:55 AM)Cuzz Wrote: "Benefits may include: Healthy Lifestyle" and all it takes is a pill.

Sounds easy.   Laughing

Well I looked at the reviews for this particular product and this as well as CBD in general appears to actually do exactly what the labels claim.

I didn't question the claims personally, I don't doubt it works for folks,  I'm just saying supplements in general can't overtly say what they intend to treat unless they want to open up a visit or scrutiny from the fda. For example, a probiotic can't label that it treats ibs, it has to say it supports a healthy digestive system, or aids digestion.
(01-22-2019, 05:12 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 12:13 PM)GPnative Wrote: Yes, this is the kind of labeling the FDA will have a field day with. Some of these companies are going to have a rude awakening when it comes to claims that can and cannot be made.

I didn't question the claims personally, I don't doubt it works for folks,  I'm just saying supplements in general can't overtly say what they intend to treat unless they want to open up a visit or scrutiny from the fda. For example, a probiotic can't label that it treats ibs, it has to say it supports a healthy digestive system, or aids digestion.
All I can say is somehow companies selling things with bullshit claims seems to be out of control. So yeah some of these liars should be stopped.
(01-22-2019, 05:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 05:12 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 03:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't think whomever made these claims will have any problems. It says Benefits "MAY" include....

All I can say is somehow companies selling things with bullshit claims seems to be out of control. So yeah some of these liars should be stopped.

Yes, agreed, in some of my recent CBD shopping, I have seen some pretty egregious blatant health claims, I think some of these companies are bound for a rude fda awakening. bad claims are not limited to CBD market, but you can quickly weed out the snake oil supplements in the market vs. Those following the law and doing things right. Those are the companies to support.
(01-20-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe your daughter or one of her friends could give you a few tokes of CBD oil from their vape pen.To see if it helps.

Yeah, to be truthful, I'm skeptical.  I've never had a great result from anything from weed. I've used some kind of topical thing with no result either. I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'm still skeptical.
(01-22-2019, 08:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:03 AM)GPnative Wrote: Proving she would benefit from additional ingestion of CBD Wink

Yeah, to be truthful, I'm skeptical.  I've never had a great result from anything from weed. I've used some kind of topical thing with no result either. I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'm still skeptical.
CBD has nothing to do with "weed".
I wish someone would make some decent hash. Oil is fun but I loved the old days before we declared war on the middle east. And Nepal!
Temple balls!
(01-23-2019, 09:14 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I wish someone would make some decent hash. Oil is fun but I loved the old days before we declared war on the middle east. And Nepal!
Temple balls!

Me too. Some of the stuff people make is pretty close to the real thing. I supplemented my lousy income of about $100 a month when I was in the army in Germany by selling grams for 1 dollar each and buying kilos for as low as $250.
I used to carry a slab of hash the size of a wallet in my back pocket Razz. When I came back I brought a pound Big Grin Black Afghanistan with the gold seal.
Exactly. I used to see the royal stamp too.
(01-23-2019, 02:37 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Exactly. I used to see the royal stamp too.

Big Grin We smoked it with tobacco. And now that sounds horrible.
(01-23-2019, 03:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Why??   Neutral
(01-23-2019, 03:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Why??   Neutral
Because we were almost all cigarette smokers anyway and it was pleasant to to mix the hash in with tobacco in a pipe.
It keeps it burning so you don't have to suck on it constantly. With red and blond Lebanese hash you could heat a hard chunk up with your zippo and it would crumble and become kind of flaky and it mixed with tobacco very well.
Euros I’ve met in America used to love smoking spliffs of tobacco and pot or tobacco and hash as TV said.
Does seem foul now. Smiling
Back in the day we would never think to adulterate our hash like that.   Cool
(01-23-2019, 03:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Why??   Neutral
Because we were almost all cigarette smokers anyway and it was pleasant to to mix the hash in with tobacco in a pipe.
It keeps it burning so you don't have to suck on it constantly. With red and blond Lebanese hash you could heat a hard chunk up with your zippo and it would crumble and become kind of flaky and it mixed with tobacco very well.

When I was in Copenhagen, I bought some hash and was smoking it straight.  One of the locals seemed surprised at that. I told him that how we did it in California.

Tobacco make me vomit.
(01-23-2019, 05:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Back in the day we would never think to adulterate our hash like that.   Cool

Well for me back in the day was in Germany and this was probably originally a German thing the GI's picked up.
I don't do it any more just like I don't drink warm beer or wear Lederhosen Laughing
(01-23-2019, 06:20 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 03:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Why??   Neutral

When I was in Copenhagen, I bought some hash and was smoking it straight.  One of the locals seemed surprised at that. I told him that how we did it in California.

Tobacco make me vomit.
 Me too for the most part. But unlike cigarettes or worse cigars. I don't mind the smell of goo pipe tobacco.