Dumb or Funny Headlines
(06-10-2019, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: coyote.jpg]
Oh, GAWD!!   And I havn't been able to get a new job!?

What's a cayote?   Laughing
(06-10-2019, 05:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

What's a cayote?   Laughing

I don't know, That's the point LOL
(05-11-2019, 07:48 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 08:40 AM)GPnative Wrote: I was on a walk a few months ago on a pedestrian trail and low and behold what comes walking up from the creek as I'm walking by, a damn pit. No owner anywhere in site, I think it was from a nearby home. But nothing can instill fear like that moment when you are face to face with one of those damn things. It didn't bark or act aggressive, so I maintained my course, but admittedly I was nervous. It watched me the whole time and I watched it, I really didn't know what I would have done had it been aggressive, and I was pissed I was not packing heat. This is a popular trail, used by lots of kids and I have not walked it since. Makes me mad that a douche owner would let it run free on a public trail, even if you think your pit wont hurt a fly, Joe public walking the trail does not know that, I think that is what the assholes get off on.

Along those lines....I'll tell you my dog story. This only happened 3 weeks ago.  On many Sunday mornings, I go garden in the front yard. I take my little portable radio with me and listen to NPR Ted Talks and This American Life. It's a nice little routine.  Well, now I have the dog. He is sweet and kind and gentle and I make him sit next to me while I chop or dig.  ( I have a tiny little chair, because I can't really just stand and garden anymore).  There's a family who walks by on Sunday mornings on their way to church.  Very cute. Kinda "fundy" and biblical looking with 4 little children all dressed up in quite the finery.  The children are young, All under 6.  They walk by and we exchange pleasantries. The oldest politely asks if he can pet my dog and my dog goes to say hi. He's all wiggle and squirmand wag; a torrent of gentle enthusiasm. Then they go on their way.  Well, the dog loves this. He loves children.  But then another family came by, this time a cute Hispanic family with two women, and two children. The children maybe 7 and 8.  Well, Mr. Dog is SO excited!! And this time, he disobeyed my command to stay and ran over to greet the children. But they were not delighted. Here was a 100 pound dog loping (charging ) at them with mouth open, and huge rows of sharp, white teeth..(FANGS!)  This family did not smile. This family did not laugh and greet the dog.  They screamed in pure TERROR and they RAN right into the street. I live on a busy street. It is NOT safe to run into the street.  They (the children mostly) were running into the street, shrieking and crying, convinced this monster was going to eat them.  I was mortified. I quickly had the dog and was reassuring them it was ok and I was sorry. I even said it all in Spanish just in case.  They smiled uncertainly but you could see they knew I was wrong about that. Then they crossed the street!  I felt awful.  Now when I garden I take the dog, but he's on a leash because I just can't risk that.

We often walk our dog around the neighborhood. My  wife always wants to let him off the leash when we get to the local park. I always resist this impulse of hers. My reasoning: We KNOW that he won't hurt anyone but the people that he runs to for pets have no idea of how loveable he is. What you've described above is exactly what I'm talking about.
(06-10-2019, 06:10 PM)GCG Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 08:40 AM)GPnative Wrote: I was on a walk a few months ago on a pedestrian trail and low and behold what comes walking up from the creek as I'm walking by, a damn pit. No owner anywhere in site, I think it was from a nearby home. But nothing can instill fear like that moment when you are face to face with one of those damn things. It didn't bark or act aggressive, so I maintained my course, but admittedly I was nervous. It watched me the whole time and I watched it, I really didn't know what I would have done had it been aggressive, and I was pissed I was not packing heat. This is a popular trail, used by lots of kids and I have not walked it since. Makes me mad that a douche owner would let it run free on a public trail, even if you think your pit wont hurt a fly, Joe public walking the trail does not know that, I think that is what the assholes get off on.

Along those lines....I'll tell you my dog story. This only happened 3 weeks ago.  On many Sunday mornings, I go garden in the front yard. I take my little portable radio with me and listen to NPR Ted Talks and This American Life. It's a nice little routine.  Well, now I have the dog. He is sweet and kind and gentle and I make him sit next to me while I chop or dig.  ( I have a tiny little chair, because I can't really just stand and garden anymore).  There's a family who walks by on Sunday mornings on their way to church.  Very cute. Kinda "fundy" and biblical looking with 4 little children all dressed up in quite the finery.  The children are young, All under 6.  They walk by and we exchange pleasantries. The oldest politely asks if he can pet my dog and my dog goes to say hi. He's all wiggle and squirmand wag; a torrent of gentle enthusiasm. Then they go on their way.  Well, the dog loves this. He loves children.  But then another family came by, this time a cute Hispanic family with two women, and two children. The children maybe 7 and 8.  Well, Mr. Dog is SO excited!! And this time, he disobeyed my command to stay and ran over to greet the children. But they were not delighted. Here was a 100 pound dog loping (charging ) at them with mouth open, and huge rows of sharp, white teeth..(FANGS!)  This family did not smile. This family did not laugh and greet the dog.  They screamed in pure TERROR and they RAN right into the street. I live on a busy street. It is NOT safe to run into the street.  They (the children mostly) were running into the street, shrieking and crying, convinced this monster was going to eat them.  I was mortified. I quickly had the dog and was reassuring them it was ok and I was sorry. I even said it all in Spanish just in case.  They smiled uncertainly but you could see they knew I was wrong about that. Then they crossed the street!  I felt awful.  Now when I garden I take the dog, but he's on a leash because I just can't risk that.

We often walk our dog around the neighborhood. My  wife always wants to let him off the leash when we get to the local park. I always resist this impulse of hers. My reasoning: We KNOW that he won't hurt anyone but the people that he runs to for pets have no idea of how loveable he is. What you've described above is exactly what I'm talking about.

Yep! Now he's developed this play noise that is in his throat and sounds like a growl. To me, he sounds a bit like Chewbacca.  He runs up to people making this sound.  At the dog park a lot. Now at the dog park you'd think people would know dog body language, but no, he ran, romped, really, up to one lady making this sound and wanting to greet her and she hit him across the face.
(06-10-2019, 10:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 06:10 PM)GCG Wrote:

Yep! Now he's developed this play noise that is in his throat and sounds like a growl. To me, he sounds a bit like Chewbacca.  He runs up to people making this sound.  At the dog park a lot. Now at the dog park you'd think people would know dog body language, but no, he ran, romped, really, up to one lady making this sound and wanting to greet her and she hit him across the face.
Jerk LOL. My Cane Corso Coco  growls when she REALLY wants your attention.
WE took her and my old girl the English Mastiff Lola to the vet. Lola for a rabies shot and Coco to see why she limps in the mornings. Turns out she had injured her knee. So the vet says she not allowed to run for a while. And no more running to fetch.. her favorite thing in the world.
So now she's so frustrated because I won't play ball with her and she comes up with here stupid ball in her mouth growling at me Laughing
They weighed her, 129 pounds. And when she goes after a thrown ball she has all that weight to deal with.
Also the vet says she's fat LOL. WE feed her once a day and now we have cut down a little.
Quote:Man pees from a bridge on a ship – several injured!

https://www.afrinik.com/man-pees-from-a-...l-injured/
(06-22-2019, 07:34 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Man pees from a bridge on a ship – several injured!

https://www.afrinik.com/man-pees-from-a-...l-injured/

Stoopy Germains
Unbelievable.

[Image: KTVL-aa.jpg]
(06-24-2019, 03:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: Unbelievable.

I've noticed several spelling errors during their broadcast the past couple weeks, even had one tonight. Channel 12, as ive said before, were the worst offenders by far, chan 10 used to be damn accurate, that's why the past few weeks has been surprising, must be a new copy editor, from the newer generation who could care less about spelling accuracy.
(06-24-2019, 06:51 PM)GPnative Wrote:

I've noticed several spelling errors during their broadcast the past couple weeks, even had one tonight. Channel 12, as ive said before, were the worst offenders by far, chan 10 used to be damn accurate, that's why the past few weeks has been surprising, must be a new copy editor, from the newer generation who could care less about spelling accuracy.

Even though I have not been able to get a new job, I get told a LOT by potential employers that they are fed up with young people and that they have no work ethic and are addicted to being on their  phones.
(06-24-2019, 07:45 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 06:51 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Even though I have not been able to get a new job, I get told a LOT by potential employers that they are fed up with young people and that they have no work ethic and are addicted to being on their  phones.

And very entitled, think they should start out at the top of the pay scale for doing minimal work and applying as little effort as possible. Also, working 40 hours a week is viewed as a suggestion and only if it fits in between their recreation and Netflix and chill schedules.

Would that be the 'RED' Valley transportation ?
Maybe their editor has gone rogue.
(06-25-2019, 05:23 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Would that be the 'RED' Valley transportation ?
Maybe their editor has gone rogue.

If the RED had anything to do with it, there would be no public transportation period.
Saturn will get so close to Earth its rings will be visible through a telescope
-CBSNEWS

Uh, you can always see Saturn's rings through a telescope. I've done it with fairly small telescopes.
(07-09-2019, 05:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Saturn will get so close to Earth its rings will be visible through a telescope
-CBSNEWS

Uh, you can always see Saturn's rings through a telescope. I've done it with fairly small telescopes.

They meant to say... Saturn will get so close to Earth its rings will be visible through a Harbor Freight telescope.
(07-09-2019, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 05:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Saturn will get so close to Earth its rings will be visible through a telescope
-CBSNEWS

They meant to say... Saturn will get so close to Earth its rings will be visible through a Harbor Freight telescope.

If it got that close I'd recommend ducking!

Laughing
(07-09-2019, 07:23 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
-CBSNEWS

We just bought our second telescope; a huge step up from our first. It's supposed to be delivered today. Super excited!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(07-10-2019, 09:40 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 07:23 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
-CBSNEWS

We just bought our second telescope; a huge step up from our first. It's supposed to be delivered today. Super excited!

These were taken with our little cheapo telescope...

[Image: 034b07145b3b0a85cf6fbd0baa5ad96f.jpg][Image: 46256f3f8cc81702f560fe5bfa8f175e.jpg][Image: e395bf6b1d99deaebe31ab4200a3212f.jpg]

It's here! It's here! [Image: 875d4839c9c6c049b231f8d567da19ba.jpg]