What's up with the Adam Levine hating?
If I was an Adam Levine fan or even a fan of that kind of music I would say he crushed it. Actually I am a fan of a couple of his songs.
Anyway people are complaining about his T shirt?? Or that he showed his nipples?? Wait WHAT???
The Rams won the popular vote.
(02-04-2019, 05:34 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: The Rams won the popular vote.

What vote LOL? I decided to root for the Rams but after watching a while I was impressed by the patriots players and I was happy to see them win.
(02-04-2019, 03:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: If I was an Adam Levine fan or even a fan of that kind of music I would say he crushed it. Actually I am a fan of a couple of his songs.
Anyway people are complaining about his T shirt?? Or that he showed his nipples?? Wait WHAT???

His part was ok. But the forced mashups with other artists, totally ruined it. And the sponge Bob nonsense, wtf?
(02-04-2019, 06:37 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 03:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: If I was an Adam Levine fan or even a fan of that kind of music I would say he crushed it. Actually I am a fan of a couple of his songs.

His part was ok. But the forced mashups with other artists, totally ruined it. And the sponge Bob nonsense, wtf?

I didn't like the mashups with other artists either. Basically because I don't like rap. But I gave it a chance before I started fast forwarding and the rap pretty quickly turned in to music. So it wasn't so bad.
I thought it was all about Adam doing a solid for the local talents. I didn't get the sponge bob thing either.
[Image: Adam.jpg]

So, I didn't watch it, but someone told me about it and the shirt thing. Her opinion was that he was trying to hard and it showed.  Basically, he's not that cool?  I really don't know.  I don't even know the guys work really. I haven't seen the hating memes and stuff, but I haven't seen those either.
(02-04-2019, 07:20 PM)Juniper Wrote:

So, I didn't watch it, but someone told me about it and the shirt thing. Her opinion was that he was trying to hard and it showed.  Basically, he's not that cool?  I really don't know.  I don't even know the guys work really. I haven't seen the hating memes and stuff, but I haven't seen those either.

It looked to me like he simply gave it his all. And that he must have a fan base that likes the provocative stuff and that he probably gave them what they wanted.
I've never watched him in a concert so I don't know if he did anything new at the Super bowls or not.

I just don't get why anyone who doesn't like his music can't just let it go at that.

As far as the shirtless thing that was NOTHING compared  the slutty stuff tons of singers constantly do.
I'm thinking of Jennifer Lopez or Mariah Carey types.
It is about nipple equality and Janet Jackson.
I thought the shirt move was lame, just a show off ego move but I think he forgot it was a football game and not his usual teeny bopper show, it came off very chippendale'esque.
Hmmmm, well, I just now looked at some photos...I think people just like to be haters. He must not be cool enough, because if was, everyone would be upcycling their pillows into shirts today.
This is how you half time show....no stripping or stupid forced mashups necessary. When you're great you're great, without gimmicks.

I know most here don’t care for Madonna but productionwise it was well done, went off without a hitch, and managed to incorporate a football theme and a message for world peace to boot.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ik_8QjM3U
I think the world of public appreciation and entertainment is so fickle. The public mood changes, fashions and tastes and movements change. I think my friend may have been right. He just may not have been cool enough to pull this off. Someone else may have been able to without a hitch and had a positive media sensation the next day.
(02-04-2019, 08:58 PM)GPnative Wrote: I thought the shirt move was lame,  just a show off ego move but I think he forgot it was a football game and not his usual teeny bopper show, it came off very chippendale'esque.

I agree it came off a bit chippendale'esque. But I didn't bother me as far as his overall performance.
I think the gay side of me liked it. Adam is kind of a nerdy looking guy with a very high voice and doesn't seem all that masculine to me.
So I was just fine with him showing he is very physically fit and him playing to the female audience.

I have watched him on the voice a lot of times. I like him. He seems to have a great personality and seems like a very real person.
(02-05-2019, 07:50 AM)GPnative Wrote: This is how you half time show....no stripping or stupid forced mashups necessary. When you're great you're great, without gimmicks.

LOL without gimmicks  ?

[Image: d0b1bbade86fcfa7dae74a3901ef0061.jpg]

[Image: 29906170001_4856134892001_thumb-TimeInc4...554001.jpg]
(02-05-2019, 02:43 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think the world of public appreciation and entertainment is so fickle.  The public mood changes, fashions and tastes and movements change.  I think my friend may have been right. He just may not have been cool enough to pull this off.  Someone else may have been able to without a hitch and had a positive media sensation the next day.
You are probably correct. The shirtless part seemed like no big deal at all to me and maybe  was only a big deal because so many ALREADY either didn't like him or had no clue what he is about.
(02-05-2019, 08:18 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I know most here don’t care for Madonna but productionwise it was well done, went off without a hitch, and managed to incorporate a football theme and a message for world peace to boot.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ik_8QjM3U

I agree with all that, she put on a great show. But the music for me was fucking techno beat computer generated sounding garbage.
Like the crap 13 year old girls would listen too.
(02-05-2019, 03:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 07:50 AM)GPnative Wrote: This is how you half time show....no stripping or stupid forced mashups necessary. When you're great you're great, without gimmicks.

LOL without gimmicks  ?

Touche,  Laughing
(02-05-2019, 03:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 02:43 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think the world of public appreciation and entertainment is so fickle.  The public mood changes, fashions and tastes and movements change.  I think my friend may have been right. He just may not have been cool enough to pull this off.  Someone else may have been able to without a hitch and had a positive media sensation the next day.
You are probably correct. The shirtless part seemed like no big deal at all to me and maybe  was only a big deal because so many ALREADY either didn't like him or had no clue what he is about.

Me.