Awesome weather
(05-09-2019, 01:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: They say next week: Thunderstorms. Sad  I'm assuming the ones we've had recently are from lightening also?  What else would they be from?

Yep people. All but one were from burn piles and the one they don't know about they think  is most likely arson or a tossed cigarette.

Burn piles?  Seems like some were way out there.
(05-09-2019, 02:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 06:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: They say next week: Thunderstorms. Sad  I'm assuming the ones we've had recently are from lightening also?  What else would they be from?

Yep people. All but one were from burn piles and the one they don't know about they think  is most likely arson or a tossed cigarette.

The cause of the "way out there" fire out past Sam's valley and the Modoc fire are both unknown. And there were four grass fires started by out-of-control burn piles near Sams Valley, Central Point and Gold hill.
And Ashland had so many fires from burn piles they closed open burning all together.
Plus a fire by Phoenix along side the freeway is blamed on a cigarette butt.
(05-09-2019, 03:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 02:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:

The cause of the "way out there"  fire out past Sam's valley and the Modoc fire are both unknown. And there were four grass fires started by out-of-control burn piles near Sams Valley, Central Point and Gold hill.
And Ashland had so many fires from burn piles they closed open burning all together.
Plus a fire by Phoenix along side the freeway is blamed on a cigarette butt.

Well, I was thinking of Klamath Falls and Chiloquin.