Alex Trebek
Diagnosed with state 4 pancreatic cancer. Damnit.

Stage 4, but I knew what you meant.

I don't remember ever watching him on the tube but I wish him well. I've seen cancer, I'm against it.
(03-06-2019, 07:05 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Stage 4, but I knew what you meant.

I don't remember ever watching him on the tube but I wish him well. I've seen cancer, I'm against it.

Damn autocorrect on this stupid ass tablet, it's beyond autocorrect, it is self aware I think. I have to re-read everything I type to watch for its "corrections", it pisses me off! That one got by me. I usually don't even post with this damn thing because of it. (For example, I just had to fight with it changing damn to rain!!)
Hey!! I just figured out how to turn it off finally! That makes my night. Take that self aware tablet!
Yeah, I knew that's what it was.   Wink
Not sure why he wants to keep working. Maybe a reaction at this point because of denial.
He really needs to devote 100% to defeating this. as pancreatic cancer is bad news.

Sad
I sadly watched a family member succumb to pancreatic cancer, it's horrible. He also thought he would keep working, and he did, until days before he passed. I believe had he known how quick it would be, he would not of worked as long as he did, in his mind (and due to oncologists wide open sugar coated time lines) he thought he had years, in reality he had months.

I think Trebek has the right attitude and certainly someone with his money will have access to options, but ultimately it wont matter, it may gain him a bit more time than others, but not much.

Seriously? You have never watched Jeopardy?
(03-07-2019, 06:41 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Not sure why he wants to keep working. Maybe a reaction at this point because of denial.
He really needs to devote 100% to defeating this. as pancreatic cancer is bad news.

Sad

For some people their job is their life.
(03-07-2019, 09:57 AM)GPnative Wrote: I sadly watched a family member succumb to pancreatic cancer, it's horrible. He also thought he would keep working, and he did, until days before he passed. I believe had he known how quick it would be, he would not of worked as long as he did, in his mind (and due to oncologists wide open sugar coated time lines) he thought he had years, in reality he had months.

I think Trebek has the right attitude and certainly someone with his money will have access to options, but ultimately it wont matter, it may gain him a bit more time than others, but not much.
When I had cancer I don't think more money could have bought anything any better than the treatment I got.
(03-07-2019, 11:22 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Just in passing while channel surfing. Game shows, talk shows, (so called) reality shows, not interested, move along or read a book.
(03-07-2019, 11:24 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:57 AM)GPnative Wrote: I sadly watched a family member succumb to pancreatic cancer, it's horrible. He also thought he would keep working, and he did, until days before he passed. I believe had he known how quick it would be, he would not of worked as long as he did, in his mind (and due to oncologists wide open sugar coated time lines) he thought he had years, in reality he had months.

When I had cancer I don't think more money could have bought anything any better than the treatment I got.

Most folks are unable to hop a plane for extended stays at the Mayo Clinic, Hopkins, for cutting edge trials, etc. personal nurses, doctors, And their insurance is certainly not going to cover it, money gives options. Even the oncologists will tell you for PC all it may do is give you more time, it's not going to cure you. The multi year success rate is some crazy low number like 5%. My point is, he has the money to investigate options that may yield better long term results then the chemo death sentence.
(03-07-2019, 11:36 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 11:22 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Just in passing while channel surfing. Game shows, talk shows, (so called) reality shows, not interested, move along or read a book.
OK I see I don't watch game shows or talk shows either but we watch ,or listen to Jeopardy sometimes.

I watch a lot of reality shows American pickers, Gold Rush, white water gold,Oak Island, Deadliest crab. American Idol,The Voice, America got talent. But mostly the ones about the outdoors. Like life below zero,The last Alaskan.

I like the first 48 and I guess it's a reality show as well as dateline and others.
(03-07-2019, 11:59 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Most folks are unable to hop a plane for extended stays at the Mayo Clinic, Hopkins, for cutting edge trials, etc. personal nurses, doctors, And their insurance is certainly not going to cover it, money gives options. Even the oncologists will tell you for PC all it may do is give you more time, it's not going to cure you. The multi year success rate is some crazy low number like 5%. My point is, he has the money to investigate options that may yield better long term results then the chemo death sentence.
I get it. I'm just saying in my case having colon cancer and a tumor. I don't  think The radiation, chemo treatment and the surgery could have been any better.
The chemo drugs I was given were new and shipped from Florida. I didn't lose any hair and I never even threw up. Smiling
(03-07-2019, 03:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I get it. I'm just saying in my case having colon cancer and a tumor. I don't  think The radiation, chemo treatment and the surgery could have been any better.
The chemo drugs I was given were new and shipped from Florida. I didn't lose any hair and I never even threw up. Smiling

That is good to hear. I haven't been to a doctor for a check up in over ten years. Not sure what good it would do me, I'm against taking drugs anyway.
He'll just tell me, I'm over weight and have a bad diet. (I know that already) . I suppose it could be worse, he might tell me I'm pregnant.
(03-07-2019, 06:23 PM)chuck white Wrote:

That is good to hear. I haven't been to a doctor for a check up in over ten years. Not sure what good it would do me, I'm against taking drugs anyway.
He'll just tell me, I'm over weight and have a bad diet. (I know that already) . I suppose it could be worse, he might tell me I'm pregnant.

Have you had a colostomy ? If not you should. But I don't know how old you are.

I'm against taking drugs anyway.

That's crazy but so what you could have cancer , get radiation and surgery and skip the chemo.

That would be stupid but you could.
On the news they just said something about Trebek's  "courageous" fight against cancer.

Courageous? I'm not seeing anything courageous about seeking and getting medical help for a disease.
(03-07-2019, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 11:24 AM)tvguy Wrote: When I had cancer I don't think more money could have bought anything any better than the treatment I got.

That's crazy but so what you could have cancer , get radiation and surgery and skip the chemo.

When I was in my late twenties, I had a sigma-scope. I had an issue with constipation followed by diarrhea. The recommendation was to eat less fiber.
I had moved onto a property when I turned twenty, with lots of fruit trees. There was so much fruit, and I was raised not to waste food. So I was trying to eat as much of it as I could. I had to learn to let the fruit, rot on the ground.
(03-07-2019, 08:05 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 11:59 AM)GPnative Wrote: Most folks are unable to hop a plane for extended stays at the Mayo Clinic, Hopkins, for cutting edge trials, etc. personal nurses, doctors, And their insurance is certainly not going to cover it, money gives options. Even the oncologists will tell you for PC all it may do is give you more time, it's not going to cure you. The multi year success rate is some crazy low number like 5%. My point is, he has the money to investigate options that may yield better long term results then the chemo death sentence.

When I was in my late twenties, I had a sigma-scope. I had an issue with constipation followed by diarrhea. The recommendation was to eat less fiber.
I had moved onto a property when I turned twenty, with lots of fruit trees. There was so much fruit, and I was raised not to waste food. So I was trying to eat as much of it as I could. I had to learn to let the fruit, rot on the ground.
Colon cancer is too common to not be checked
I think you meant colonoscopy, not a colostomy.
That attitude of not seeing a doctor is what got me in the situation I’m in.