Last poster standing
I really believe this forum is in it's death rattle.  I don't see it continuing for a whole lot longer. Many of us just see in other in other venues now because this place is no longer dynamic.

So, my question is: who will be the last poster standing?  I've got my idea.  I'm not saying, but I'd like to see if can read my mind?
That thought seems to roll around pretty regularly since I've been here.

To address your question though, I have my pick. I'm guessing they wouldn't even know they were the last one posting for a while. I wonder if it would come as a surprise when they noticed?   Laughing
(03-23-2019, 10:23 AM)Cuzz Wrote: That thought seems to roll around pretty regularly since I've been here.

To address your question though, I have my pick. I'm guessing they wouldn't even know they were the last one posting for a while. I wonder if it would come as a surprise when they noticed?   Laughing

I think so also.

As to the first part of your post, yes, it has, but I'm convinced of it now.
I wonder if you have given any thought as to why? Besides "other venues"? Could it be a total intolerance to any opinion other than lockstep liberalism? Could it be religions shaming? Pro life shaming?

Nah, you would never see any of that through the myopic lens you view this place through.

And my pick is TVGuy.
(03-23-2019, 12:10 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I wonder if you have given any thought as to why? Besides "other venues"? Could it be a total intolerance to any opinion other than lockstep liberalism? Could it be religions shaming? Pro life shaming?

Nah, you would never see any of that through the myopic lens you view this place through.

And my pick is TVGuy.
Playing the victim once again. [Image: ec5929e7b2f412ddd9212bd41beedd7e.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
We all know who it'll be... ...and it'll be months before he realizes it.

(03-23-2019, 12:10 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I wonder if you have given any thought as to why? Besides "other venues"?  Could it be a total intolerance to any opinion other than lockstep liberalism?  Could it be religions shaming? Pro life shaming?

And my pick is TVGuy.

I bet your parents were horrified been born with the absence of logic. These kind of forums are going away like rotary telephones. Since you have only been here 5 years you really don't have the experience to decide why the number of posters has been on a steady decline.
You sound like Charlie Brown with the why is everybody picken on me attitude.
I hate to destroy your theory But from day one ( 10 years ago) this forum has had and equal amount of total intolerance to any opinion or shaming from the right as well as the left.
Before the 10 years it was the MMT and from what I remember the right had  more intolerant Jackasses.

As far as "Lock step liberalism" I find it amazing how I can be see as such here and yet I voice my politics and opinions on left wing FB groups I'm OFTEN at odds with them because I have many conservative values.
I don't fit in with the Ashland types at all LOL.

From day one this type of anonymous posting where people can say whatever they want with no worries about who hears them. IMO it encourages hostility, intolerance, and shaming. Religion or anything else and basically the TRUTH.
There are those who can't take it and leave. And those who have no cares about who says what regarding their politics or religion.
 You are the former of the two so.... You know where the door is Wink
(03-23-2019, 12:10 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I wonder if you have given any thought as to why? Besides "other venues"?  Could it be a total intolerance to any opinion other than lockstep liberalism?  Could it be religions shaming? Pro life shaming?

And my pick is TVGuy.

I think it's because it's not new shiny tech and not the popular thing. Who cares. Personally I don't do any of the new shiny "social" (?) medias. So here I am.

As for religious shaming, they should be shamed. If you didn't try to push your fantasies on others, along with a cadre of your cohorts, I would leave it alone too. I'm playing defense not offense.

And, I don't think it'll be TV. But he likely will could be the last one to respond to a post.   Big Grin
(03-23-2019, 12:45 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

And my pick is TVGuy.

I think it's because it's not new shiny tech and not the popular thing. Who cares. Personally I don't do any of the new shiny "social" (?) medias. So here I am.

As for religious shaming, they should be shamed. If you didn't try to push your fantasies on others, along with a cadre of your cohorts, I would leave it alone too. I'm playing defense not offense.

And, I don't think it'll be TV. But he likely will could be the last one to respond to a post.   Big Grin

I will look here most everyday until it comes to the point where I don't see anyone posting anymore. It's as simple as that. Smiling
A new FB group, Southern Oregon Political Postings has sprung up, owing to Destiny trying to reorient Neighborhood Chat To Neighborhood stuff, which is stupid.
(03-23-2019, 12:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: There are those who can't take it and leave. And those who have no cares about who says what regarding their politics or religion.

Laughing  Telling someone to leave...  and you don't see the irony..  priceless.
(03-23-2019, 06:26 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 12:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: There are those who can't take it and leave. And those who have no cares about who says what regarding their politics or religion.

Laughing  Telling someone to leave...  and you don't see the irony..  priceless.

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

I didn't "tell" you to leave. I said you are those who can't take it and leaves and you know where the door is.

If  total intolerance to any opinion or religions shaming, or Pro life shaming is as bad as you say it is why the fuck stay here.
Just to bless us with your whining and sniveling?
Also SD
You didn't reply to anyone. So who in the hell is part in this mythological lockstep liberalism you refer to?

And my pick is TVGuy.

I have NO idea what you are talking about. What have I ever said to make you think I'm liberal anyway? Or that I shame religion?  Or Pro Life shaming? I don't think I've ever shamed anyone here. I've argued. Even belittled. I've ranted...I've raved...but I don't believe I've belittled.  You know the way you're doing to me right now.
(03-23-2019, 12:25 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We all know who it'll be... ...and it'll be months before he realizes it.

Laughing Laughing   OK, that's funny. Still here...months later...still posting away. Big Grin
(03-23-2019, 12:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

And my pick is TVGuy.

I bet your parents were horrified been born with the absence of logic. These kind of forums are going away like rotary telephones. Since you have only been here 5 years you really don't have the experience to decide why the number of posters has been on a steady decline.
You sound like Charlie Brown with the why is everybody picken on me attitude.
I hate to destroy your theory But from day one ( 10 years ago) this forum has had and equal amount of total intolerance to any opinion or shaming from the right as well as the left.
Before the 10 years it was the MMT and from what I remember the right had  more intolerant Jackasses.

As far as "Lock step liberalism" I find it amazing how I can be see as such here and yet I voice my politics and opinions on left wing FB groups I'm OFTEN at odds with them because I have many conservative values.
I don't fit in with the Ashland types at all LOL.

From day one this type of anonymous posting where people can say whatever they want with no worries about who hears them. IMO it encourages hostility, intolerance, and shaming. Religion or anything else and basically the TRUTH.
There are those who can't take it and leave. And those who have no cares about who says what regarding their politics or religion.

Damn...! 10 years for this one and the MMT before?  Wow.
Oh! Wait is this tirade from SD because I didn't like his Trace Atkins song?
(03-23-2019, 12:45 PM)Cuzz Wrote: As for religious shaming, they should be shamed. If you didn't try to push your fantasies on others, along with a cadre of your cohorts, I would leave it alone too. I'm playing defense not offense.

Amazing limited sight. If you substitute race or nationality with religion, you might see how intolerant you are of a simple different point of view, which as I said, is not allowed here.

If you make that substitution that I just just mentioned, you might see a bigot, or worse, you might see how the Nazi's pulled off their rise to power.

"THEY SHOULD BE SHAMED."

Wow.
(03-23-2019, 10:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:

And my pick is TVGuy.

I have NO idea what you are talking about. What have I ever said to make you think I'm liberal anyway? Or that I shame religion?  Or Pro Life shaming? I don't think I've ever shamed anyone here. I've argued. Even belittled. I've ranted...I've raved...but I don't believe I've belittled.  You know the way you're doing to me right now.

You started this topic suggesting the demise was simply other venues. I offered a possible addition to your hypothesis.

How you took that PERSONAL is beyond me.
(03-24-2019, 08:24 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 12:45 PM)Cuzz Wrote: As for religious shaming, they should be shamed. If you didn't try to push your fantasies on others, along with a cadre of your cohorts, I would leave it alone too. I'm playing defense not offense.

Amazing limited sight. If you substitute race or nationality with religion, you might see how intolerant you are of a simple different point of view, which as I said, is not allowed here.

If you make that substitution that I just just mentioned, you might see a bigot, or worse, you might see how the Nazi's pulled off their rise to power.

"THEY SHOULD BE SHAMED."

Wow.

Uhh, race and nationality are facts and I don't have any antagonisms about either of them. Religion is just smoke and mirrors. They are a scam on the population. Not that you can see that, plainly. Even so If you need religion to tell you how to behave and to keep the bad dreams at bay, you're welcome to it. Just don't insist others need to be controlled the same as you. We don't. I don't.

And I will repeat, If you didn't try to push your fantasies on others, along with a cadre of your cohorts, I would leave it alone too. I'm playing defense not offense.