Old posts
Does anyone else around here go back and look at old threads from way back? I have been... mostly because there is nothing new being said. Pretty pathetic, really. I belong to a forum that is so dead that I am re-reading old posts. Maybe when Alzheimer's sets in it will be understandable. 

I can see it now:

Me, (reading old stuff): Boy howdy that GCG guy is one smart and funny sumbitch... tvguy... not so much...
(05-01-2019, 05:21 PM)GCG Wrote: Does anyone else around here go back and look at old threads from way back? I have been... mostly because there is nothing new being said. Pretty pathetic, really. I belong to a forum that is so dead that I am re-reading old posts. Maybe when Alzheimer's sets in it will be understandable. 

I can see it now:

Me, (reading old stuff): Boy howdy that GCG guy is one smart and funny sumbitch... tvguy... not so much...

I think I would if I could access the old forum, just for fun sometimes.
(05-01-2019, 07:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 05:21 PM)GCG Wrote: Does anyone else around here go back and look at old threads from way back? I have been... mostly because there is nothing new being said. Pretty pathetic, really. I belong to a forum that is so dead that I am re-reading old posts. Maybe when Alzheimer's sets in it will be understandable. 

I can see it now:

HUH?  what's stopping you from accessing the old forum? What do you mean? The MMT forum?

I can see it now:

Laughing Blink
If you go to who's on line and watch the bots look at old stuff all the time.
(05-01-2019, 10:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I can see it now:

HUH?  what's stopping you from accessing the old forum? What do you mean? The MMT forum?

Yes, what else would I mean.  You can access that?
(05-02-2019, 08:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I can see it now:

I was talking about older posts from this forum. I can see posts back to 2009. I doubt that the old MMT stuff is accessable...  maybe they have an archive there somewhere. I doubt that it's readily available. I think that tvguy was referring to older versions of this forum as well.
I don’t want to look at worse iterations of myself.
I’m a kinder gentler guy.

I can see it now:

Yes, what else would I mean. Well with you sometimes I don't have a clue Razz

You are wanting to look at stuff before 2009?
(05-03-2019, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I can see it now:

Well, you are very patient then, because here you are, 10 years later, STILL talking to me, and 98% of the time I think you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Wink
(05-03-2019, 03:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 07:36 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think I would if I could access the old forum, just for fun sometimes.

Well, you are very patient then, because here you are, 10 years later, STILL talking to me, and 98% of the time I think you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Wink
Well sure but I'm just talking about the 2% of the time. Big Grin Why would I not still be talking to you? You have always been one of my favs.

I assumed you knew you could access all of your old posts under all of your old names. So that only left even farther back the MMT.
(05-03-2019, 04:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 10:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: HUH?  what's stopping you from accessing the old forum? What do you mean? The MMT forum?

Well sure but I'm just talking about the 2% of the time. Big Grin Why would I not still be talking to you? You have always been one of my favs.

I assumed you knew you could access all of your old posts under all of your old names. So that only left even farther back the MMT.

I don't understand why any of you would be interested in reading your old posts when you could be reading MY old posts.
(05-01-2019, 10:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: HUH?  what's stopping you from accessing the old forum? What do you mean? The MMT forum?

I was talking about the MMT days because that's when it was rockin' and rollin'.
(05-03-2019, 05:31 PM)GCG Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 08:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yes, what else would I mean.  You can access that?

I don't understand why any of you would be interested in reading your old posts when you could be reading MY old posts.

Good point. Embarrassed
(05-03-2019, 06:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 08:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yes, what else would I mean.  You can access that?

I was talking about the MMT days because that's when it was rockin' and rollin'.

I think this site was pretty damn close for awhile. I wonder how long the MMT had the forum?
I remember when a deer hunter (Bogart) was shot by another hunter. That's when Larry posted saying the shooter was at fault because he should have known was was beyond the deer in the woods.
In other words that's when I leaned Larry was nuts Laughing Laughing.
Seriously how in the hell can anyone walking in the woods possibly know if some other hunter might be doing the same hidden by vegetation and beyond what he is shooting at?

Anyway that shooting happened in 2006 and the trial was in March 2008.. So I guess the MMT forum was around for three years or so?
(05-03-2019, 07:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 06:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes, what else would I mean. Well with you sometimes I don't have a clue Razz

I think this site was pretty damn close for awhile. I wonder how long the MMT had the forum?
I remember when a deer hunter (Bogart) was shot by another hunter. That's when Larry posted saying the shooter was at fault because he should have known was was beyond the deer in the woods.
In other words that's when I leaned Larry was nuts Laughing Laughing.
Seriously how in the hell can anyone walking in the woods possibly know if some other hunter might be doing the same hidden by vegetation and beyond what he is shooting at?

Anyway that shooting happened in 2006 and the trial was in March 2008.. So I guess the MMT forum was around for three years or so?

The MMT started in 2006...you were on it right?  I don't remember what year it folded, 2010? 11? I remember being pretty unwell the year of it's demise and struggled all that year.  The Kim family got lost in 2006. It's all becoming pretty vague now. I feel like Wonky came in a bit later. I actually can't remember the names of most of the members who I actually knew by (forum name) basis, but I had a lot of fun.
One thing I remember about the old MMT forum was that at some point it became SO big and popular and busy that they were having a lot of meetings about what to do with it. AND like all internet users there was abuse and it was getting out of hand and very vitriolic. At some point they introduced a new forum that was very lame that you accessed through the online portal, but the old forum was still there, but you had to know it was there. I remember, that sometimes people would find it and be surprised. One person said something like "I didn't even know this was here. I just clicked on this tab, maybe accidentally in fact, and it's like it took me through a hidden door to a room I didn't know existed, just filled with all these people." I think that was the beginning of the end.