Scams
IMO this is kind of a scam.
This cars needs more than a new timing belt. The model car has an interference type engine. That means when the timing belt breaks the piston can hit and bend the valves.
And most like that happened. he says..... The vehicle needs a new timing belt installed and I don't have the time right now to take care of it.

What he almost certainly knows is one would be a fool to put timing belts on and do all the head and valves work on an engine with 213 thousand miles on it.

2000 Subaru Forester - Clean Title - AWD - $650 (Talent)

image 4 of 7
[Image: 00909_hJQ0Ak3yAVD_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00M0M_f8I4FVSz2rl_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00P0P_iQusTB0OCXx_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00s0s_8LloSA2nVxs_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 01414_bKrlRS1ir7j_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00N0N_lRvTTdyEo5F_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 01414_j8e9qaOjkiX_600x450.jpg]

craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap
(google map)
2000 Subaru Forester

condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 213000
paint color: green
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: SUV

2000 Subaru Forester - Clean Title - AWD 2.5L

This has been a great car, extremely capable. Full service history available, clean Carfax. All regular maintenance performed at normal intervals. Maintenance performed at Miles Automotive in Talent.

The vehicle needs a new timing belt installed and I don't have the time right now to take care of it. Would be a great fixer for a mechanic. Everything else on the vehicle has been well maintained, oil changes every 3-5k. New battery (2018). Transmission was just serviced earlier this year. Brakes replaced last year.

Vehicle has Yokohama AT tires with lots of tread left, used only 2 seasons along with exclusive snow tires in the cold season. These tires alone value at over $500. I also have a set of winter snow tires (non-studded) available that were only used one season this past year. I will include these for an additional $100.

Everything else on the vehicle is mechanically sound, suspension is solid. Engine performed great until timing belt went out last week. Interior is in decent shape for a 20 year old vehicle. No tears or major issues. Sound system upgraded with Infinity speakers at all 4 corners.

Vehicle registration is good through most of 2020.

Located in Talent, please inquire to set up time to view vehicle. Pictures were taken yesterday, apologies for being a bit dirty.

Email or text message preferred. 5four1-eight4one-00four1

Want this vehicle sold ASAP. Ready for offers! $650 OBO
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
No, they don’t know. That’s just what people seem to want for broken vehicles these days. Should be a parts car for $200.
(07-25-2019, 11:24 AM)bbqboy Wrote: No, they don’t know. That’s just what people seem to want for broken vehicles these days. Should be a parts car for $200.

I think the owner does know. IMO if the guys timing belt broke the first thing most people do is call a mechanic shop and ask how much to fix it.
And if so the mechanic is going to say it needs a hell of a lot mote than just the timing belts.
Maybe so. If that’s true then they’re assholes.
https://medford.craigslist.org/bik/d/cen...63692.html
Old Schwinn bike - $200 (Central point) hide this posting
image 1 of 2
1 1
bicycle frame material: aluminum
bicycle type: cruiser
condition: salvage
frame size: Idk
wheel size: 16 in

Old bike probably from 40-50's. $200 obo call or text ethan at show contact info

Okay, here’s an idiot, not a scammer I suppose.
(07-25-2019, 06:31 PM)bbqboy Wrote: https://medford.craigslist.org/bik/d/cen...63692.html
Old Schwinn bike - $200 (Central point) hide this posting
image 1 of 2
1 1
bicycle frame material: aluminum
bicycle type: cruiser
condition: salvage
frame size: Idk
wheel size: 16 in

Old bike probably from 40-50's. $200 obo call or text ethan at show contact info

Okay, here’s an idiot, not a scammer I suppose.

Right he has no clue.He thinks it's aluminum LOL and the wheels can't be 16 in can they?
Its a 60’s middleweight with 26” rims.
A parts bike at best at $20.00. I’m guessing they found it in the woods or the shed where they’re tending pot.
No one else would be so dumb.
(07-25-2019, 08:41 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Its a 60’s middleweight with 26” rims.
A parts bike at best at $20.00. I’m guessing they found it in the woods or the shed where they’re tending pot.
No one else would be so dumb.
Right LOL
I JUST found out, I'm defrauding the Social Security Administration. I know this because they were considerate enough to call me and leave a pre-recorded message in my voice mail queue. Legal action will be initiated any minute now but they will be so kind as to work with me to save my ass if I call them back immediately at.... oh shit! I deleted the message before I wrote the number down.   Embarrassed 

Well, if I disappear for a while you'll know why.   Cool
(10-15-2019, 12:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I JUST found out, I'm defrauding the Social Security Administration. I know this because they were considerate enough to call me and leave a pre-recorded message in my voice mail queue. Legal action will be initiated any minute now but they will be so kind as to work with me to save my ass if I call them back immediately at.... oh shit! I deleted the message before I wrote the number down.   Embarrassed 

Wow, that's amazing, Because they also called me and said the same thing! I called them back right away and sent them a PrePaid Visa for $1,000 to take care of it. Dodged a bullet there!
(10-15-2019, 01:21 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 12:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I JUST found out, I'm defrauding the Social Security Administration. I know this because they were considerate enough to call me and leave a pre-recorded message in my voice mail queue. Legal action will be initiated any minute now but they will be so kind as to work with me to save my ass if I call them back immediately at.... oh shit! I deleted the message before I wrote the number down.   Embarrassed 

Wow, that's amazing, Because they also called me and said the same thing! I called them back right away and sent them a PrePaid Visa for $1,000 to take care of it. Dodged a bullet there!
Smart!!

They told you I was in trouble? And you payed my penalty?? That was damn nice of you to watch out for me that way! Thanks man!   Smiling Laughing
(10-15-2019, 02:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

They told you I was in trouble? And you payed my penalty?? That was damn nice of you to watch out for me that way! Thanks man!   Smiling Laughing

hey, It was all very confusing, but once I gave them my Social Security # and date of birth so they could verify they were were talking to the correct person everything just kind of fell into place, until they called back and I had to send more money to get a nephew I didn't even know I had out of a Canadian jail.
(10-15-2019, 02:37 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 02:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

hey, It was all very confusing, but once I gave them my Social Security # and date of birth so they could verify they were were talking to the correct person everything just kind of fell into place, until they called back and I had to send more money to get a nephew I didn't even know I had out of a Canadian jail.

I'm glad you're on top of this. I feel much safer knowing you're watching out for mystery nephews and the rest of us. Hope you remembered to pay in Canadian dollars 'cause they're cheaper, eh?